Are we in 1989 or 2009?

agreed.

which would be a good thing, no expectancy = a liitle less criticism = a nice surprise and positive feel around the place if we have a decent season.

Thats obviously assuming we will not have a promotion budget, which unless Taylor or Micah Richards get sold, we probably wont.

After the Walsall game would not at all surprise me if Maher, Stephens, Wolfy, Lomax, oGrady, Dux, Norm and maybe even Tommy Wright were all told that they were either being released or are surplus to requirements at the club.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally Carl I would hope after a season in charge - No I would expect so have seen enough changes for me to see a different latics emerging. One that has a different aura about it

Agreed

I think any fan on this board would be well within their rights to expect to see a latics side next season who are on the whole alot more professional in their conduct off the field and a much more positive aura on the field

Edited by Lookers_Carl

Thats obviously assuming we will not have a promotion budget, which unless Taylor or Micah Richards get sold, we probably wont.

After the Walsall game would not at all surprise me if Maher, Stephens, Wolfy, Lomax, oGrady, Dux, Norm and maybe even Tommy Wright were all told that they were either being released or are surplus to requirements at the club.

possibly.....but barring Maher, none would be great losses....as i'd presume Royle would be replacing Wright and Dux with his own.....the other players have obviously not shown enough in their short tenures with JR/JS.

But like you say, without a decent budget, we could be quite thin on ground......not a problem for Joe though, i'm sure, as he will bring players in who WIIL do a job in the first 11 and not maybes, might do's, or could and should do's...

possibly.....but barring Maher, none would be great losses....as i'd presume Royle would be replacing Wright and Dux with his own.....the other players have obviously not shown enough in their short tenures with JR/JS.

But like you say, without a decent budget, we could be quite thin on ground......not a problem for Joe though, i'm sure, as he will bring players in who WIIL do a job in the first 11 and not maybes, might do's, or could and should do's...

If joe stays would expect westake and supple to be signed on permanents

maher is AWFUL

The game vs crewe outlined this - the midfield stopped when old-legs-no-pace-has to pass back or sideways and take half an hour to do it- Maher came on and LEE went off!.

GET RID!!

'Experienced passer' - my a***!

chances are you will probably get your wish for 2 reasons

1) dont think maher is JR's type of midfielder

2) would imagine he is one of the higher paid players

chances are you will probably get your wish for 2 reasons

1) dont think maher is JR's type of midfielder

2) would imagine he is one of the higher paid players

Probably right on both counts. I rate Maher, and think we've under used him this season in favour of the sacred cow Allott. Possibly the kind of captain we need.

But I think Joe's looked at the size of wage and decided he can utilise it in other ways.

We'll see.