No Beer at UEFA games

I went to the City V Hotdog game last night (my fathers a city fan) and due to it being a sell out and all we got to the ground quite early knowing that you can get a beer at the ground without too many issues.

WRONG!!!! UEFA have banned the selling of Alcohol at any ground where thier tournaments take place.

I suppose it’s something to do with morals or something, which is why they are sponsored by Amstel and Heineken. Good to see that UEFA are treating football fans with all the respect and hypocrisy we have come to expect.

I went to the City V Hotdog game last night (my fathers a city fan) and due to it being a sell out and all we got to the ground quite early knowing that you can get a beer at the ground without too many issues.

WRONG!!!! UEFA have banned the selling of Alcohol at any ground where thier tournaments take place.

I suppose it's something to do with morals or something, which is why they are sponsored by Amstel and Heineken. Good to see that UEFA are treating football fans with all the respect and hypocrisy we have come to expect.

I bet you could still get a port in the toffs box!

I bet you could still get a port in the toffs box!

We actually had the cheapest corporate seats, which at £25 quid were a bargain. We were within 10 foot of a certain billionaire anyway. Also got free parking and a programme. The bar though was just a general bar hence it was closed. I am sure you could get a drink in the boxes though.... where all the people from Beer Inc were probably based.

I suppose it’s something to do with morals or something, which is why they are sponsored by Amstel and Heineken. Good to see that UEFA are treating football fans with all the respect and hypocrisy we have come to expect.

Same in the Champions League...

is it?

see above.

Its certainly been the case at English grounds I have been to and watched the Champions League... Every one I have been to have refused to sell me beer due to the UEFA rules...

I think it was also the case at the 1999 Champions League Final....I was working that day though so cant remember...didnt see anyone drinking in the ground though...

If clubs are in fact selling beer then I would imagine that is against the rules...

Struggling to find links to the rules...here is one...

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=HZNt0DF...lt&resnum=1

Edited by oafc0000

hic..i don't .

i enjoyed one on tuesday night...report em!

I am not doubting you had one... I am just not surprised other countries not taking notice of UEFA rules while we get dogged down and :censored: on from a great height for doing such a thing...

like i say..its a british thing IMO.

UEFA will have a set of rules which will apply to all matches under the UEFA banner. It wont say the "English cant drink", that much I am sure. If people wish to ignore the fact you can drink in Switerland then that wouldn't surprise me.

UEFA will have a set of rules which will apply to all matches under the UEFA banner. It wont say the "English cant drink", that much I am sure. If people wish to ignore the fact you can drink in Switerland then that wouldn't surprise me.

Fook UEFA! They're still spewin' at their bent second round draw in the Chumps League that still saw all four English teams through and the fact there are three out four teams in the Semis are English, up yours Platini!

Still hope Barca win it though!