Royle, Blitz and Corney Interviews

Joe: It was only ever temporary,

was pleased to help out,

still one or two players who shouldn't be here.

Wants to go out with a bang and has loved every minute

Owners are ambitious for the club

Will be available to help the club in whatever capacity the need

Corney and Blitz:

Joe was in reality only here in the short-term (Only a 20% chance he would be asked to stay on)

Joe has been able to make the tough decisions re: players that others couldn't and sounds like he has restored respect back into the dressing room - could have ploughed on with certain individuals but felt they were causing too many problems so shipped out.

Budget relies on Season Tickey sales BUT should only be reduced marginally and will be better than at first though

Had emails and phone-calls stating that 4,500 promotion is unwaorkable. Corney and Blitz want the floaters to commit and it could be possible

Already met with their short-listed candiddates, very impressed with them all - should be in a position to appoint within 7-10days

Understand the disappointment re: three sided ground BUT the commitment to demolish the Lookers had been made before the crash

New manager will be allowed to choose who stays and goes but will have Royle's recommendations too if needed.

Should be able to bring in 4-5 players to strengthen the squad, wouldn't be surprised if some under contract were shipped out.

Owners not going anywhere

Edited by oafcprozac

Corney and Blitz:

Already met with their short-listed candiddates, very impressed with them all - should be in a position to appoint within 7-10days

Was told this on Friday in the White Hart Lydgate by a senior official, good to hear we are well into recruitment.

4 - 5 players we only have 7 under contract!! How many would you want to keep out of the likes of Maher, Gregan, Stam, JP, Wolf etc none I would go for..

We must have some good young lads coming through next season out of the youth..

MEN seems to thnk Gannon could be a fav for the job due to the stable financial setup in place also Hill, Simpson and Robins mentioned

4 - 5 players we only have 7 under contract!! How many would you want to keep out of the likes of Maher, Gregan, Stam, JP, Wolf etc none I would go for..

That caught my eye more than anything else. Only 4-5 :unsure:

MEN seems to thnk Gannon could be a fav for the job due to the stable financial setup in place also Hill, Simpson and Robins mentioned

I would have kept Maher, but recently like the lot of them he hasn't looked arsed.

I think next season will be all too familiar to me supporting Latics, relegation battle where i'll be relieved/pleased with 16th place!!!

Ian Holloway please!

Edited by Butter

That caught my eye more than anything else. Only 4-5 :unsure:

That'll be on top of those offered renewals and the four lads who were given pro-deals. 4-5 also depends on what wages they wnat to pay - knowing TTA 4-5 will be based on decent wages not including any loanees.

Last summer we were supposed to be bringing in 4-5 players and we brought in:-

Fleming

Stephens

O'Grady

Lee

Whitaker

Williams

Maher

Add to that the conveyor belt of loanees and we'll have a squad at least although the quality of which remains to be seen.

That'll be on top of those offered renewals and the four lads who were given pro-deals. 4-5 also depends on what wages they wnat to pay - knowing TTA 4-5 will be based on decent wages not including any loanees.

Last summer we were supposed to be bringing in 4-5 players and we brought in:-

Fleming

Stephens

O'Grady

Lee

Whitaker

Williams

Maher

Add to that the conveyor belt of loanees and we'll have a squad at least although the quality of which remains to be seen.

Correct. i can imagine the 4-5 will be on good league 1 wages. and as they state the budget is going to be marginally down on this season

Correct. i can imagine the 4-5 will be on good league 1 wages. and as they state the budget is going to be marginally down on this season

The fact we are marginally down is the best news. Adn in reality understandable in the current climate.

Obviously we spent/wasted (delete as applicable) a lot on higher league or high wage proven strikers, so a bit better use of the budget should give a fighting chance,.

A factor that no one has mentioned is that Joes wages will have been fairly hefty, so it was probably never a realistic option unless he got us in the Championship anyway.

Edited by singe