Positivity

Really happy now about getting Dave Penney after watching todays interviews.

Penney talks about us finishing where we have the last 3 seasons as "something to build on" so his brief/personal target is to improve on this, i.e. play offs or better.

He talks a lot about "attacking football", "fit, hungry players" , "promoting youth"".

Either him or SC said there would also be the odd "marquee player". So there are still going to be some decent signings by the look of it.

Yesterday many (me included to an extent) seemed to greet this appointment as if TTA's were putting a stop on any major spending and were going for a bargain basement manager who'd hopefully find some bargain basement players, however, it doesn't look like that now.

Didn't know an awful lot about him before today but the things he's said so far have got me really looking forward to next season and the comings and goings pre-season.

Excellent choice of manager TTA's :grin:

Thank you yet again.

Penney talks about us finishing where we have the last 3 seasons as "something to build on" so his brief/personal target is to improve on this, i.e. play offs or better.

He talks a lot about "attacking football", "fit, hungry players" , "promoting youth"".

Either him or SC said there would also be the odd "marquee player". So there are still going to be some decent signings by the look of it.

Yesterday many (me included to an extent) seemed to greet this appointment as if TTA's were putting a stop on any major spending and were going for a bargain basement manager who'd hopefully find some bargain basement players, however, it doesn't look like that now.

Didn't know an awful lot about him before today but the things he's said so far have got me really looking forward to next season and the comings and goings pre-season.

Thank you yet again.

Agreed.

I'll admit when I heard the rumours I thought Dave who? Then with reading his background and seeing his interview today I'm starting to get all excited again.

Hopefully a few decent players will be coming in and we could be up there again challenging. What a difference a day makes eh!!

And was it just me or did anyone else wonder as soon as DP said players from the Premiership if Paul Scholes name has already been mentioned to him. Just a thought :wink:

Went to Darlo vs Dale a few weeks ago. I said to my dad the day after "I wouldn't mind us getting Penney as manager. He Had them well drilled, still up for it and did it at Donny. We wont though, cos thats not what Latics do"

I'm well chuffed.

Went to Darlo vs Dale a few weeks ago. I said to my dad the day after "I wouldn't mind us getting Penney as manager. He Had them well drilled, still up for it and did it at Donny. We wont though, cos thats not what Latics do"

I'm well chuffed.

The way I look at it is.

Sheridan vs Penney..............PENNEY ALL DAY FOR ME!

well drilled

this is exactly what we need to be.

we've had bags of talent that's come together at times over the last few season - had we been "well drilled" with it we'd have won some of those draws and drawn some of those losses.

Edited by dfOAFC

this is exactly what we need to be.

we've had bags of talent that's come together at times over the last few season - had we been "well drilled" with it we'd have won some of those draws and drawn some of those losses.

Absolutely spot on there!

Will this guy get the time to put his own side together though in TTA's 5 year stint we are now on manager number 5 if you include Joe Royle its not brought us success its taking us nowhere maybe sticking with one might be the answer? I wouldn't be surprised if by Christmas if we have a core group of Penney Outers on here.

Will this guy get the time to put his own side together though in TTA's 5 year stint we are now on manager number 5 if you include Joe Royle its not brought us success its taking us nowhere maybe sticking with one might be the answer? I wouldn't be surprised if by Christmas if we have a core group of Penney Outers on here.

it wouldn't surprise me at 5 o'clock tomorrow :grin:

it wouldn't surprise me at 5 o'clock tomorrow :grin:

We had a lot the day before he signed, Wednesday evening!!!

Someone made the point that they felt that they were getting caught up in the mood, though in their head it felt right.

My poll has swung from 50-50 to 70-30.

My heart says it mades a lot of sense, my head had cautions. I am jsut cautiously optimistic. I think it could be good purely on timing. Having so many players out of contract, but that could pose problems getting them to gel.

So happy to set and see how things pan out. On paper a good choice though. Full support tough, no knife sharpening expecting it to fail from me.

Edited by singe

Thank you yet again.

everything he said made sense which the recent oldham managers have never been able to do i was impressed :D