I can't get too excited about not acquiring players from a 2nd Division club. Now if a Championship club were to fold.....

I agree people go on about all these players from Darlo but apart from the administration why have they failed come up time and time again? look at O'Grady and Butcher they have struggled. Kennedy does seem a good player but Abbot is getting on it.

I agree people go on about all these players from Darlo but apart from the administration why have they failed come up time and time again? look at O'Grady and Butcher they have struggled. Kennedy does seem a good player but Abbot is getting on it.

Yep. Abbott is getting on at the age of 27.

As for why Darlo havent come up. Penney was only there 3 years. they've been shafted by a points deduction and they lost out in the lottery that was a penalty shoot out in a 2 legged game they just about deserved to win.

Picking two names and then suggesting that any Darlo player would be like that is laughable - until they actually get the chance to prove it. Kennedy cant be named in the same bracket. Middlesbrough saw something in him to give him 6 games for them.

Abbott's already cut it at this level once with Huddersfield.

Foster has already cut it at this level with Scunny.

Austin has already cut it at this level with Barnsley

Ravenhill has already cut it at this level with Doncaster.

Burgmeier plays international and was at Basle.

Take it you've never seen Darlo play, Tom. They're one of the most well organised side's i've seen in recent years.

Yep. Abbott is getting on at the age of 27.

As for why Darlo havent come up. Penney was only there 3 years. they've been shafted by a points deduction and they lost out in the lottery that was a penalty shoot out in a 2 legged game they just about deserved to win.

Picking two names and then suggesting that any Darlo player would be like that is laughable - until they actually get the chance to prove it. Kennedy cant be named in the same bracket. Middlesbrough saw something in him to give him 6 games for them.

Abbott's already cut it at this level once with Huddersfield.

Foster has already cut it at this level with Scunny.

Austin has already cut it at this level with Barnsley

Ravenhill has already cut it at this level with Doncaster.

Burgmeier plays international and was at Basle.

Take it you've never seen Darlo play, Tom. They're one of the most well organised side's i've seen in recent years.

Whose done their homework? :grin:

Hearts are said to have made a bid for Abbot and that would give him European football.

Not heard anything about this, but it smacks of the usual lazy journalism. Hearts are desperate for a centre forward who can stick the ball in the net. They won't get anything above Division 2 level, so pick someone freely available from the lower leagues. Ooo - he's from Lithuania isn't he? No, Poland. Sod it, near enough.

NB. Stick a former club in there too, to show it ain't made up.