pleasant surprise (penney)

was he surprised how sober the squad were,,,or just how little the whole squad looked..

players please dave

I wondered what the hell you were on about... here's the link to the OS for anyone else.

Surprise!

ah, you've done it

Edited by pdw76

dont want the best of the crop to go elsewhere do we

Have you noticed the best of the crop going elsewhere yet? If we've still not signed anyone in two months, then get anxious. For now, just kick back, relax and enjoy the summer.

EDIT: One step ahead of ya, Pete :wink:

Edited by Zorrro

Have you noticed the best of the crop going elsewhere yet? If we've still not signed anyone in two months, then get anxious. For now, just kick back, relax and enjoy the summer.

EDIT: One step ahead of ya, Pete :wink:

i will try.....in the meantime i think i will pop down to the training pitch to make up enough for a 5 a side game....

im anxious...its not one or two players we need,,,,its 5 or 6

dont want the best of the crop to go elsewhere do we

True, but my dad was speaking to SC in a meeting recently (ground developments by the way - positive stuff was said but can't reveal any here) and his take on it was there will be, at the start of July a hell of a lot of players out and about. There is a lot now, but by holding out until July for quite a few of them gives Latics much more bargaining power and drives their wage demands down. Effectively, by holding out and negotiating, could mean we get two quality players then, for the same as getting one today.

I have no qualms about us not picking a shedload of players up this early on. It's frustrating as we all like to see news of a new signing emerge but we need to show a bit more patience just yet.

In regards to getting in players. Not that FM2009 is a necessarily realistic that is. I find that I always get loads of players in on a free transfer in June because I dont want to miss out, only for much better players to become available in July when the majority of contracts run out and people get released. Maybe most contracts run out at the end of June? Hence not much activity at the moment.

In regards to getting in players. Not that FM2009 is a necessarily realistic that is. I find that I always get loads of players in on a free transfer in June because I dont want to miss out, only for much better players to become available in July when the majority of contracts run out and people get released. Maybe most contracts run out at the end of June? Hence not much activity at the moment.

You are absolutely right.... even though I cringe every time someone mentions their entire concept of football management is based on tactics from FM. :wink: Perhaps the cheat works in real life where you can get unlimited cash?

I love this time of the year... numpties getting impatient when 90% of the players out there are still under contract... and most of those are on a beach somewhere at this present time. Its hard to get players to sign a contract when they are on holiday... and contracted to another club.

i will try.....in the meantime i think i will pop down to the training pitch to make up enough for a 5 a side game....

Don;t worry Wakefield, they players still get paid tillt he end of Juen, so won't move until they realise they have no wage coming in.

In my other post on this it shows how so few are being signed up, ( 269 in May 2008, 44 in May 2009 across 9 divisions) of last years figures clubs are hanging on to drive wages down as Frankly says.

Think of it positively, we'll get better players for the same money.

Hopefully this will allay your fears Wakefield.

Oh and don't forget 3 of those did training last week because fo pre-aranged holdiays.

Edited by singe

Don;t worry Wakefield, they players still get paid tillt he end of Juen, so won't move until they realise they have no wage coming in.

In my other post on this it shows how so few are being signed up, ( 269 in May 2008, 44 in May 2009 across 9 divisions) of last years figures clubs are hanging on to drive wages down as Frankly says.

Think of it positively, we'll get better players for the same money.

Hopefully this will allay your fears Wakefield.

Oh and don't forget 3 of those did training last week because fo pre-aranged holdiays.

in one respect sometimes its good to get your squad together early...like shez did last season,all done fairly early doors,got a good team spirit hit the ground running and it made a difference.

on the other hand just signing people now for the sake of it because thats all that is available now is foolish,and will end up like last season did and fall away,once everybody realises that those early signers werent really anygood...

patience is a virtue,and a bit of a gmable as well,but with most players out of contract late june there is still plaenty of time,not worried yet,might get a bit agitated if its 3 weeks before season starts n were fielding youngsters,but not yet