• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's trying to be funny mate!

Seen him three times and he played the full 90 minutes at Bury yesterday, covered every blade of grass cultured on the ball and not afraid to put his foot in good to see we have signed a minder to play alongside him in Worthington. He'll be attracting offers by January imo and given we've given him a 3 year deal we'll be making bundles when he inevitably moves on.

B@STARD, I fell for it hook, line & sinker!!!!!!

Good to hear. Without a doubt his work-rate & his breaking up of play is his strong points. One of those scenarios where you don't know whether getting the money is what you really want, or would you rather sacrifice that to keep him at the club!

If he DOES go in January, I hope he makes you a packet!

Still pissed off at Walter for letting him go, but with the team/squad that he's putting together, I cannae really complain. Just annoys me at his youth policy, or lack thereof! Still wouldn't be surprised to see John Fleck being sold and thus, the last of our current young squad of talent being farmed out.

We had another youngster about 4 or 5 years ago called Steven McLean, you maybe know who I am talking about. He was a stand out for a couple of seasons and our gaffer let him go too. To be fair it wasn't Watty that sold him. Steven left the club and finished top goalscorer with Scunthorpe. Left Scunthorpe after a couple of seasons and went to one of the Sheffield teams. Finished top scorer with them and went to Plymouth via Cardiff. He has now ended up at Tynecastle with Hearts and I GUARANTEE it comes back to haunt us!!!! :disappointed:

B@STARD, I fell for it hook, line & sinker!!!!!!

Good to hear. Without a doubt his work-rate & his breaking up of play is his strong points. One of those scenarios where you don't know whether getting the money is what you really want, or would you rather sacrifice that to keep him at the club!

If he DOES go in January, I hope he makes you a packet!

Still pissed off at Walter for letting him go, but with the team/squad that he's putting together, I cannae really complain. Just annoys me at his youth policy, or lack thereof! Still wouldn't be surprised to see John Fleck being sold and thus, the last of our current young squad of talent being farmed out.

We had another youngster about 4 or 5 years ago called Steven McLean, you maybe know who I am talking about. He was a stand out for a couple of seasons and our gaffer let him go too. To be fair it wasn't Watty that sold him. Steven left the club and finished top goalscorer with Scunthorpe. Left Scunthorpe after a couple of seasons and went to one of the Sheffield teams. Finished top scorer with them and went to Plymouth via Cardiff. He has now ended up at Tynecastle with Hearts and I GUARANTEE it comes back to haunt us!!!! :disappointed:

Yeah he was originally on loan with Scunny and ended up there permanently, who did Martin Paterson play for originally? He's Scottish isn't he?