Sounds like a promising signing, but I think if we are signing one in the middle then we should be looking to let one go too. We now have Stephens, Lee and Whitaker not playing...

For my money we should look to move Whitaker out, and go with two from Lee, Furman and Worthington, with Stephens pitching in a couple of appearances and in case of injury we use Eardley / Taylor / Purdie as back-ups. We look a little heavy on players there, but light up at centre-half. One more CB please!

Edited by De_La_Vega

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a promising signing, but I think if we are signing one in the middle then we should be looking to let one go too. We now have Stephens, Lee and Whitaker not playing...

Penney isn't counting Lee as a central midfielder so he must have him earmarked for one of the wide positions. Or the bench.

South African pal. Signed for Chelsea, but couldn't break thru', obviously. Only played one game for us, but was captain of our youth side. I know that doesn't sound like much, but they won the league twice while he was there and numerous cups. Due to the fact that Smith wouldn't play him, he moved to Bradford last season scoring 4 in 30-odd games from central midfield. Just trust me, he's a cracker!

I post on here throughout the season to get your opinions on how he is progressing. Remember where you heard it first, I predict he'll get POTY in 2010! :Israel:

Just spotted that icon, by the way, he's Jewish too. How many Jewish geniuses do you know? Mel Brooks, Neil Diamond, Woody Allen, Barry Manilow, Dean Furman!!!!!!

Jesus anyone?

Now THAT would be a quality signing - good competition for Fleming .... Jesus saves and all that

Yeah, I just noticed that.

Wikipedia - "On June 29th 2009, Furman agreed a two-year contract with English League One side Oldham Athletic"

Rangers Website - http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne...1705535,00.html

Doesn't matter whether or not it's a 2 or 3yrs deal, I genuinely hope the lad does well for you, I'll be watching closely.

Good luck Dean and good luck to the Latics! :grin:

furman = gerrard of league 1???

The 21-year-old has penned a three-year deal after the two clubs agreed a training compensation payment for the player in line with the FIFA solidarity mechanism.

Great capture...

Both the following players were 23 or under. Chris Porter moved from England to Scotland 2 years ago and we got no compensation. Dean Furman moves from Scotland to England this year and we have to pay £50k compensation. Why?

:angry:

Both the following players were 23 or under. Chris Porter moved from England to Scotland 2 years ago and we got no compensation. Dean Furman moves from Scotland to England this year and we have to pay £50k compensation. Why?

Porter was 24.

Porter was 23, but it was reported at the time that if he joined a Championship or League 1 side we would get compensation!!

*deep breath*

Exactly. If you are under 23 you recieve compensation no matter where you go to... over 23 you only recieve compensation if you move within your country.

Porter was over 23 and moved 'abroad' so no compensation.

*deep breath*

Exactly. If you are under 23 you recieve compensation no matter where you go to... over 23 you only recieve compensation if you move within your country.

Porter was over 23 and moved 'abroad' so no compensation.

Careful, that looks dangerously close to reasonable and factual. It will not go down well!

same here

but the rangers fan must have seen him play to rate him so high

Seen him at close quarters several times, but remember up until last week, Setanta used to produce Rangers TV. Reserves, Under-19s, Youth...... were on every day. So, I couldn't tell you how many times I have watched him.

Trust me, he's a belter lads!

Seen him at close quarters several times, but remember up until last week, Setanta used to produce Rangers TV. Reserves, Under-19s, Youth...... were on every day. So, I couldn't tell you how many times I have watched him.

Trust me, he's a belter lads!

we will tell the hibs lads to pass on how he is doing :grin:

• 3 weeks later...
I read that he played well against Bury, is that not the case then?

He's trying to be funny mate!

Seen him three times and he played the full 90 minutes at Bury yesterday, covered every blade of grass cultured on the ball and not afraid to put his foot in good to see we have signed a minder to play alongside him in Worthington. He'll be attracting offers by January imo and given we've given him a 3 year deal we'll be making bundles when he inevitably moves on.