Wellens to Leicester

leicester middlesborough qpr all have had bids accepted

looks like leicester are winning the race as they have offered more money

alan irvine spoke to wellens and said if i get the west brom job (with a decent budgt) i will sign you

and the :sauce:

his dad today

and will be on about 11k a week

well done richie :grin:

If Wellens is worth £1 mill then what is Whittaker going to be worth :grin: I remember a poll at the beginning of last season on here voting on who was the best player LMAO

haha thats one of my favourite polls of all time! Whits won didnt he? Oh Dear :lol:

I think he's worth that money too. In a team with more quality it will suit him far more than it did here. You could always tell he was a quality player.

Aye and someone it seemed we didnt try hard enough to keep hold of.

From what I've heard his old man is a fairly well known gob:censored:e round the pubs of Middy.

Dan, I dont know you from Adam, but i would LOVE to see you call Rick a "gob:censored:e" to his face. Brushing your teeth that night would be easy, you could hand them to a friend and get them to do it for you. :wink:

I know Rick pretty well and he is anything but a gob:censored:e, he is a very friendly guy who will chat to anyone. But he wouldnt take to kindly to someone calling him that. And you certainly wouldnt want a slap round the chops off him.

Aye and someone it seemed we didnt try hard enough to keep hold of.

To be fair, and I don't know the exact circumstances around it, I think we tried but couldn't get close to matching what Dancaster were prepared to give him. That's the problem when someone's contract runs out, clubs can save themselves a transfer fee and plough it into bonus payments and wages.

In a way I'm glad we're a club that doesn't try to throw money down the drain chasing what we can't afford. On a similar note Scunthorpe reported running on losses of close to £1m in order to achieve promotion last season. They achieved it, but only by the skin of their teeth scoring with 2 minutes to go on the last day, and squeezing past MK Franchise Scumbags and Millwall in the playoffs. A very risky strategy and not one I'm a fan of even if it does come off.

To be fair, and I don't know the exact circumstances around it, I think we tried but couldn't get close to matching what Dancaster were prepared to give him. That's the problem when someone's contract runs out, clubs can save themselves a transfer fee and plough it into bonus payments and wages.

In a way I'm glad we're a club that doesn't try to throw money down the drain chasing what we can't afford. On a similar note Scunthorpe reported running on losses of close to £1m in order to achieve promotion last season. They achieved it, but only by the skin of their teeth scoring with 2 minutes to go on the last day, and squeezing past MK Franchise Scumbags and Millwall in the playoffs. A very risky strategy and not one I'm a fan of even if it does come off.

Aye true, I was just pissed off we failed to keep hold of him as alongside Eyres, Chris Armstrong and Fitz Hall he is one of he best Latics players I have seen in my time supporting them. But the clubs security is more important than one player I agree.

Dan, I dont know you from Adam, but i would LOVE to see you call Rick a "gob:censored:e" to his face. Brushing your teeth that night would be easy, you could hand them to a friend and get them to do it for you. :wink:

I know Rick pretty well and he is anything but a gob:censored:e, he is a very friendly guy who will chat to anyone. But he wouldnt take to kindly to someone calling him that. And you certainly wouldnt want a slap round the chops off him.

Chaddy, course you know me.

Never met the bloke myself, which is why I said it was what I'd heard from others. And in your opinion is that he's not a gob:censored:e then fair play, but as I say, it's only what I've been told.

Frankly, I've no desire whatsoever to frequent any Middleton pub, so I'm unlikely to bump into the bloke regardless.

Still, I'm not sure I'd want my old man discussing my contract of employment with random folks.

Sounds like a nice guy does Rick and our very own Childrens Mascot would love to see him knocking somebodys teeth out :shock:

Dan, sorry mate, i didnt mean it to sound like that, ive just read back through my post and maybe that looks a little nasty. I just know that Rick is a nice guy to talk to but he wont stand for anyone calling him that. I did understand that you were not calling him that yourself and that you were going off others peoples comments. I certainly woudnt WANT to see him knocking 7 shades out of someone. I used to go in the pub with him every week as i was living with his neice and him and Irene (wellens mum) run the karaoke in my local pub.

From all my time of drinking in pubs in Middy over the years i can only name one person i have met who was a complete knob end and a big time charlie and that was David May. Biggest tosser you could ever have the misfortune of meeting.

By the way Dan, which Dan are you? i know way too many Dans.

Dan, sorry mate, i didnt mean it to sound like that, ive just read back through my post and maybe that looks a little nasty. I just know that Rick is a nice guy to talk to but he wont stand for anyone calling him that. I did understand that you were not calling him that yourself and that you were going off others peoples comments. I certainly woudnt WANT to see him knocking 7 shades out of someone. I used to go in the pub with him every week as i was living with his neice and him and Irene (wellens mum) run the karaoke in my local pub.

From all my time of drinking in pubs in Middy over the years i can only name one person i have met who was a complete knob end and a big time charlie and that was David May. Biggest tosser you could ever have the misfortune of meeting.

By the way Dan, which Dan are you? i know way too many Dans.

No offence taken, I knew what you were getting at. I've sent you a pm anyway.

Perhaps I'd heard wrong about him, he might well be a decent bloke. I suppose one mans meat and all that...............

Bet Richie is well impressed his own Dad is telling people how much his son is earning

bet hes loving it :grin:

i wouldnt be bothered if my dad did that

he was on about 7-8k at donny

what did you think they would be earning??? i actually said to his dad, have they offered him about 12k so wasnt to far out :grin:

and the posts about his dad, dont think he would be a gob s****e in the pubs, seems a decent bloke the 4-5years ive known him

bet hes loving it :grin:

i wouldnt be bothered if my dad did that

he was on about 7-8k at donny

what did you think they would be earning??? i actually said to his dad, have they offered him about 12k so wasnt to far out :grin:

and the posts about his dad, dont think he would be a gob s****e in the pubs, seems a decent bloke the 4-5years ive known him

10-12K is probably about right for top Championship players in current market...

Personally I would expect the last person to be telling everybody my wage would be my dad but he must be happy for him/self :grin: