i'm offended that you're offended...... :tongue:

the trouble is lee hughes is a larger than life character.....as is greagan.....we have already signed greagan again,and if we sign hughes again then we are undoutedly sailing close to the wind again...like it or not these two contributed to the downfall of the previous manager.

hughes whilst at blackpool was just as stupid as he was at oldham...going out on the lash and demanding the club pay taxi fares etc as he constantly got lost.

there is no doubt he still can score goals....but seemingly only when he wants to

lets not forget,he snubbed our very very genourous offer first time round,stating his desire and ambition to finish his carear with a flurish in a higher division....the fact nobody has tried to sign him means he now has a few weeks to fix himself up or retire....

yes we may have offered him a new deal on reduced terms,but why should we settle for second best again,he didnt want to stay so why re-sign him....

if we do i can only see a repeat of last season....going to prison hasnt changed his personality or his drinking habits,so having a new boss who is more disciplined wont make a tad of difference...i would hope the club look at the bigger picture and use the money more constructively on a younger version,.

Latics Legend, so you never posted for the first time ! Maybe when I have posted 3000 times, you might not ignore the topic, even though you replied. I was only passing on the information to fellow latics fans who I thought might be interested. The source who told me that hughes was thinking over the contract, also told me that Abbot was signing 2 weeks before he put pen to paper. He might not be correct, I was just passing on what I was told. (from latics fan for 30 years, but only second post !)

if it was a guy called tindall try not to pay too much attention pal