Heard from a good source, Lee Hughes has been offered a contract on reduced terms, £1800 instead of £2000 a week as of last season. Hughes is mulling it over !

sounds fair enough to me !

Sign him up Penney on a 12 mth with 12 mth extra if it works out !

Another mind numbing thread :sleeping:

The bottom line is...........

Lee Hughes will get 15 goals a season. However, evereryone saw how his form and effort dipped last season. Lee doesnt seem the sort of guy to give MORE for LESS. I would predict another on off season from Mr Hughes if he did sign, on his day awesome, not enough of them days for me. Its obvious he likes the footballer lifestyle, but Mr Hughes needs to realise that noone really wants him and his baggage. I am split on this one TBH.

Lets see what happens, but if he does come back, I would question his loyalty and reasons.

KTF

I'm sure it's been established he was never on 2k.

New user, ignoring the topic.

Latics Legend, so you never posted for the first time ! Maybe when I have posted 3000 times, you might not ignore the topic, even though you replied. I was only passing on the information to fellow latics fans who I thought might be interested. The source who told me that hughes was thinking over the contract, also told me that Abbot was signing 2 weeks before he put pen to paper. He might not be correct, I was just passing on what I was told. (from latics fan for 30 years, but only second post !)

Latics Legend, so you never posted for the first time ! Maybe when I have posted 3000 times, you might not ignore the topic, even though you replied. I was only passing on the information to fellow latics fans who I thought might be interested. The source who told me that hughes was thinking over the contract, also told me that Abbot was signing 2 weeks before he put pen to paper. He might not be correct, I was just passing on what I was told. (from latics fan for 30 years, but only second post !)

Welcome to the site rick. :)

I must admit I'm really none the wiser, but the balance of rumour seems to be that there is a contract offer on the table for Lee, but for quite a bit less than last season, and certainly less than the figures you quoted... concensus seems to be he was on around 1600 a week last season. I bet the offer is closer to a grand plus appearance/goal bonuses.

Quite a few seemed to be on to the Abbott transfer before it happened, which would seem to be borne out by what he said on signing - effectively the deal had been done for some time but it was agreed he would only actually arrive and sign up a few days before training.

Edited by garcon