Oldham fans' views wanted for National Fans Survey

The Football Supporters' Federation has produced its first National Supporters' Survey this summer. We're looking to get a snapshot on fans' views on all facets of the game. Launched on 1st July we've already had well over 2,000 respondents - we'll be running this through the summer to the beginning of the season, which should make it one of the largest fans' surveys ever conducted.

It doesn't matter if you attend 50 games a season, 5, or none, we want to know what you think.

The survey touches on TV scheduling, ticket pricing, policing, and other matchday experiences.

Get along to http://tinyurl.com/l9v2vw and give us 10 minutes of your time to let us know what you think about the state of the game today.

Thanks,

The FSF.

FSF

The Football Supporters' Federation has produced its first National Supporters' Survey this summer. We're looking to get a snapshot on fans' views on all facets of the game. Launched on 1st July we've already had well over 2,000 respondents - we'll be running this through the summer to the beginning of the season, which should make it one of the largest fans' surveys ever conducted.

It doesn't matter if you attend 50 games a season, 5, or none, we want to know what you think.

The survey touches on TV scheduling, ticket pricing, policing, and other matchday experiences.

Get along to http://tinyurl.com/l9v2vw and give us 10 minutes of your time to let us know what you think about the state of the game today.

Thanks,

The FSF.

FSF

Done.

I think that there should have been a question about how fans feel about England matches only being shown on subscription television services. I very strongly believe that the FA sold us out when they sold the rights to England matches to Sky/Satanta/ESPN/anyone else. ALL England football matches whether competitive or friendlies should be shown on the BBC (which we all HAVE to pay for anyway).

The FA should realise that they don't own our national game, merely administrate for it - English Football belong to English Football Fans, Housewives, Children - everybody - regardless of their ablity to pay to watch.

:rant.sml:

Done.

I think that there should have been a question about how fans feel about England matches only being shown on subscription television services. I very strongly believe that the FA sold us out when they sold the rights to England matches to Sky/Satanta/ESPN/anyone else. ALL England football matches whether competitive or friendlies should be shown on the BBC (which we all HAVE to pay for anyway).

The FA should realise that they don't own our national game, merely administrate for it - English Football belong to English Football Fans, Housewives, Children - everybody - regardless of their ablity to pay to watch.

:rant.sml:

Totally agree. National games in any sport should be covered by the National TV company that we are all funding.

Totally agree. National games in any sport should be covered by the National TV company that we are all funding.

According to the Website, our Nickname is "The Lactics" and our second kit is tangerine. Glad we are near the top of their priority list... :ranting:

Thanks,

The FSF.

FSF

Done,

Though i wish they had put a section in the survey regarding agents/lawyers who suck huge amounts of money out the game.

Done,

Though i wish they had put a section in the survey regarding agents/lawyers who suck huge amounts of money out the game.

May be wrong place and wrong time and certainly topic that I do not wish to dwell upon however

I worked at Belle Vue Dog track as a tote runner for a number of years prior to doggygate

My customers one evening were 4 guys who spent and abscene amount of money on the tote which diluted the pool (for those who know anything about tote betting)

They said they were football agents claiming amonst others to have Chelsea players on thir books

They were not interested in making a few quid but spent all night bragging how they had enough money to buy the the track and whatever and whenever they wanted

My point being like oorwillie59 and many others IMHO agents are a parasite on the game

According to the Website, our Nickname is "The Lactics" and our second kit is tangerine. Glad we are near the top of their priority list... :ranting:

As mentioned on the Ground Guide homepage we're waiting for a re-design of the website (due around the start of the season) before we get onto the kit issue - there's a fair few that are out of date, sadly, but we've got it sorted for when the new site goes live in a month or two's time. So apologies for that one.

And I thought your nickname was the Latics? I mean, it's on the main news item on the official site at the moment, and most of the internet seems to agree with us, too? And this is the Latics forum... Or is it just the 'the' that's wrong? If there's other nicknames, just fill in the form on the ground guide and let us know, and we'll do the necessary (same goes if there's anything else wrong on the Ground Guide).

Edited by FSF

As mentioned on the Ground Guide homepage we're waiting for a re-design of the website (due around the start of the season) before we get onto the kit issue - there's a fair few that are out of date, sadly, but we've got it sorted for when the new site goes live in a month or two's time. So apologies for that one.

And I thought your nickname was the Latics? I mean, it's on the main news item on the official site at the moment, and most of the internet seems to agree with us, too? And this is the Latics forum... Or is it just the 'the' that's wrong? If there's other nicknames, just fill in the form on the ground guide and let us know, and we'll do the necessary (same goes if there's anything else wrong on the Ground Guide).

I suspect the point is that we are 'The Latics', not 'The Lactics'

As for our away kit, Tangerine's half way there again now.

you have spelt it "the lactics" on your site.

its "latics"

you have spelt it "the lactics" on your site.

its "latics"

Ah, my apologies, hadn't noticed the typo in what you'd written - at least I know how to spell it! I'll change it for you straight away - how's that for customer service?

Also, completely off-topic, but that England flag in the fella's signature above - was that the one that was nicked in Seville? If so, did you ever get it back or hear any more of it?

Also, completely off-topic, but that England flag in the fella's signature above - was that the one that was nicked in Seville? If so, did you ever get it back or hear any more of it?

money was raise and a new one made for the next game. It'll also be coming with us when we do the 92 in blue charity drive next week.

money was raise and a new one made for the next game. It'll also be coming with us when we do the 92 in blue charity drive next week.

Glad that one was sorted out to replace it, and good luck on the drive.

Ah, my apologies, hadn't noticed the typo in what you'd written - at least I know how to spell it! I'll change it for you straight away - how's that for customer service?

Thanks for returning to view our comments and for sorting that for us.

Sorry for the grumpy tone in my reply. We are more used to people pretending to be football fans but in reality, their world ends after the top 5 in the Chamionship at best.

I did participate in the survey and wish you good luck in what you are trying to do as it must be a genuinely huge task.

Thanks for returning to view our comments and for sorting that for us.

Sorry for the grumpy tone in my reply. We are more used to people pretending to be football fans but in reality, their world ends after the top 5 in the Chamionship at best.

I did participate in the survey and wish you good luck in what you are trying to do as it must be a genuinely huge task.

No probs, I'm used to more than my fair share of 'grumpy' posters on internet forums, given that I have to flit about them from time to time and publicise whatever it is we're up to. I'll doubtless be popping back here when we give a big push to our free membership which we've just announced and are working out the finer details of at the minute, and for local issues and whatnot.

All the best for the upcoming season.