Warren Feeney

Not sure if he's been mentioned anywhere, but he turned down Leeds and has said that he'd talk to Grimsby if they call him. Its Surely worth getting on the blower to his agent?

Not sure if he's been mentioned anywhere, but he turned down Leeds and has said that he'd talk to Grimsby if they call him. Its Surely worth getting on the blower to his agent?

Good player on his day but it seems a little odd to turn down Leeds for a move to Cleethorpes!!!

Grimsby made him an offer before he spoke to Leeds, so if nobody else comes along he will obviously talk to them again

I would defo be happy with him here

With him playing for NI, signing him would prevent us having to play under strength on international weekends.

We could also use the truly great "Itsy witsy teeny weeney baldy headed Warren Feeney" chant.

Good player on his day but it seems a little odd to turn down Leeds for a move to Cleethorpes!!!

He probably realises that he may be used as backup at Leeds, but would be guaranteed 1st tema football at Grimsby. But, did he turn Leeds down, or was there some other problem and Leeds turned him down?

I don't think so. Leeds sign 50 or so players, you get half a game to turn it on, if you don't get an hat trick in the first 5 mins the fans will never think your good enough to win the champions league. Perhaps Ol Warren just wants a good game of footie.

Having seen Warren play for Norn reland lots of times I would have him at Oldham in a shot - a 110% commited player.

Sign him up.

Definately, he's not as good as "Sir" David Healy, but still a very worthwhile signing, I would just hope that in the unlikely event that we did sign him, he stayed injury free.

Edited by slurms mckenzie

Definately, he's not as good as "Sir" David Healy, but still a very worthwhile signing, I would just hope that in the unlikely event that we did sign him, he stayed injury free.

We had Feeney at County for 18 months or so after pinching him from Bournmouth. Back then he was a completely wholehearted player with pace to burn. Will not be a consistent 20 goal a season man though. He's not that good a finisher in all honesty.

From what little I've seen of him I'd definately take him on board. Wasn't he on loan at Swansea in 07-08? If it's the same bloke I remember him having a decent goals to games ratio whilst he was on loan.