Hodgson is also weighing up a £1m move for Leeds midfielder Neil Kilkenny. (Daily Mirror)

Surely not? He's not Premiership quality.

prob not premiership quality but you get more time on the ball and playing with better players but hink the pace coud do him abit, i think he could do it tho

Kilkenny is not Premiershp quality but is better than Andrews anyday.

andrews played steadily in the premiership last season for blackburn and fulham from the premiership have OFFICIALY bid for him

kilkenny struggled at times to get into 3rd division leeds team last season, and had poor spells with us in the same league

so please back up your point because i think its rubbish :grin:

andrews played steadily in the premiership last season for blackburn and fulham from the premiership have OFFICIALY bid for him

kilkenny struggled at times to get into 3rd division leeds team last season, and had poor spells with us in the same league

so please back up your point because i think its rubbish :grin:

According to a lot of Leeds fans Grayson has brought out the best in Kilkenny.

According to a lot of Leeds fans Grayson has brought out the best in Kilkenny.

i dont doubt, i just checked wiki and he played alot more than i thought last season, but andrews played 33 games for blackburn and big sam got the best out of him there.

so who is the better player? andrews premiership - 33 games

or killer league 1 - 45 games

its a no-brainer to me

Edited by palmer1

I think this thread highlights perfectly why its stupid for football fans to think that the ability of certain players is purely black and white. With people mentioning how Big Sam and Grayson have been getting the best out of players.

Its pretty obvious that Kilkenny is a talented player and if the right manager can get him playing to the best of his ability every week then I see no reason why he cant make it at higher levels.

I read this and it only made me think that two of our ex players (al beit one a loan) have/are being lined up for 1 million + deals.

If we'd maybe have pushed the boat out finiancially and secured them, maybe we might have been in the championship by now and either making steady progress in sustaining ourselves there OR selling these and making quite a profit on them.

:disappointed: