Matty wolfenden

For the one match we have before we get knocked out!

I no longer have an opinion on wolfy. He has annoyed me for so long I just couldnt give a toss anymore, succed or not. I just hope that DP sees enough of him by august to say whether he is bobbins or has the potential to score 20 a season... and not just keep him tagging around this club like some sort of mascot of underachievement.

One thing is for certain, the fact we are even thinking about Wolfy is a sign that we are still seriously short up top. At the moment i'd imagine Smalley is clear of our other options as a starter... then its take your pick from O'Grady, Wolfy and Jigsaw.... not a good place to be.

aye but thing is its a new manager and new training regime which means we could see a better side of some players who barely featured or underachieved last season, so you never know - o'grady could be banging them in for fun and allessandra could be wanted by city, we have to see how they perform and how they react to the new manager

which hopefully these friendlies will show us where they are up to

Wolfy has more footballing ability in his little toe than Alessandra does in his entire body. Wolfy's problem is his size, he's too weak.

Bloody Hell, WTF.

Alessandra is a far better and more effective footballer than Wolfy will ever be, which is bourne out in the number of first team appearances they have both already made even though Wolfy is older than Alessandra.

I'm glad this thread has been bookmarked as those comments will definately come back to haunt you.

Actually I think they already have, or very soon will, as I would be amazed if Wolfy is given a deal beyond the very short term one he now has. He will probably find his level somewhere in non-league football.

He's had chances, but has always looked very lightweight and ineffective, I just don't see what he could do to ever make an impact at the club, plus his injury record isn't exactly great.

Edit to correct spelling.

Edited by Hometownclub

Bloody Hell, WTF.

Alessandra is a far better and more effective footballer than Wolfy will ever be, which is bourne out in the number of first team appearances they have both already made even though Wolfy is older than Alessandra.

I'm glad this thread has been bookmarked as those comments will definately come back to haunt you.

Actually I think they already have, or very soon will, as I would be amazed if Wolfy is given a deal beyond the very short term one he now has. He will probably find his level somewhere in non-league football.

He's had chances, but has always looked very lightweight and ineffective, I just don't see what he could do to ever make an inpact at the club, plus his injury record isn't exactly great.

Lewi versus Wolfy:-

Lewi - good feet, good link player. can score goals - often fails to deliver, no real fitness problems

Wolfy - good feet, sharp in the box, can score goals - often fails to deliver - fitness always an issue

Both have the talent - but both need to step up this season - I like both but it is time to deliver - we cannot wait much longer - maybe as has often been mentioned on here a loan spell would do both good?

Lewi versus Wolfy:-

Lewi - good feet, good link player. can score goals - often fails to deliver, no real fitness problems

Wolfy - good feet, sharp in the box, can score goals - often fails to deliver - fitness always an issue

Both have the talent - but both need to step up this season - I like both but it is time to deliver - we cannot wait much longer - maybe as has often been mentioned on here a loan spell would do both good?

I very much agree, Lewis really does need to step up and this season is crucial for him, he may well benefit from a loan somewhere if he is not getting any first team football at BP.

Wolfy however has no future at BP that I can see.

Very clever of Penney to give Wolf the opportunity to impress him without committing to another year.

Whatever his good and bad attributes as a player, I can't help thinking that if he was going to make the breakthrough he would have done so by now. I admire him for sticking at it, but in hindsight his career may have been better served by moving on a year or two ago.

Wolfy is quite possibly the worst young striker prospect to come out of latics, yet he is still here when he is not needed, just get rid of him finally please!!! I cringe every time he comes on as sub he brings absolutely nothing to league 1 football i would say he wouldnt even shine if he was playing for Hyde United tonight

Wolfy is quite possibly the worst young striker prospect to come out of latics, yet he is still here when he is not needed, just get rid of him finally please!!! I cringe every time he comes on as sub he brings absolutely nothing to league 1 football i would say he wouldnt even shine if he was playing for Hyde United tonight

correct if he hasnt got it now he will never get it to many chances and you weirdo's want to give him more sad times

I'd love to see him do well, because I've never doubted his attitude or desire the way I do with Alessandra at times (who should be playing for his career this year for my money). I just cannot see him being effective because he is too small, and not quick enough to overcome that.

The only way I can see him getting to our level is if he drops to League 2 and gets a good run of games under his belt. He isn't good enough to get them at League 1, but if he can drop down and do a Tierney - learn his game and come back up - then he may make it. Can't see him doing it with us though, but I'd like to be proved wrong.