Lomax over Eardley?

Any idea why penney started Lomax in the 1st half over Eardley?

Admittedly Eardley came off injured but they wouldn't have known before the game?

:laught16:

Here we go...welcome to BP DP, just remember every time you wee, poo and miss the bowl, if there's a chance there will be a latics fan waiting to pick you up on it :grin: Honestly!!

Pre season games, as Penney has said will involve all, playing 45mins and then increasing as they go.

Get a grip FFS.

and if you are a champion fisher, then i'm happy to be hooked. If not see above.

And BTW - Congratulations on becoming the 5000th member :chubb:

REason for edit; Late congratulations.

Edited by futchers briefs

So what was the score and how was it?

2-0 to latics Whits and Wolf scored. Liked the look of Furman (was all over the pitch, looks like a hard worker) and Jacobson. Abbott looks like he needs a few more games for match sharpness but some nice touches. Worthington looked decent as well.

They all looked pretty sharp considering it was the first friendly. COG was unlucky (hit the bar twice).

I thought Kieran Lee showed up well, him and Eardley will do damage this season together.

Good to see Abbott & Alessandra together, should ensure we keep the ball in the oppositions half more.

Jacobsen looks incisive, always wanting the ball.

What did people think of the trialists, inc Haining? I thought the number 4 for Hyde was better than both, anybody agree?

2-0 to latics Whits and Wolf scored. Liked the look of Furman (was all over the pitch, looks like a hard worker) and Jacobson. Abbott looks like he needs a few more games for match sharpness but some nice touches. Worthington looked decent as well.

They all looked pretty sharp considering it was the first friendly. COG was unlucky (hit the bar twice).

cheers for that. good workout then by the sound of it.

I thought Lewi got the 2nd?

==================

I thought Kieran Lee showed up well, him and Eardley will do damage this season together.

Good to see Abbott & Alessandra together, should ensure we keep the ball in the oppositions half more.

What did people think of the trialists, inc Haining? I thought the number 4 for Hyde was better than both, anybody agree?

dont think are two trialist defenders had enough to do to make a fair judgement

Lee did look good. There no 4 did look ok but Haining didnt have much to do apart from win a few headers.

Penney was giving all the senior pros 45 mins each. Lomax had a good half in my opinion

Lomax is solid at right back. Left back he isn't so good, seeing as he is right footed thats understandable.

Obviously Abbott will be lacking sharpness first pre season game, but I think we'll be saying that a lot throughout the season. Hopefully for once we have a bit of luck with regards to players not getting injured!

I wouldnt sign Haining, not too different from Gregan the way he plays, lacks pace but wins pretty much everything in the air. Only difference from Gregan is weight , and the fact Haining knows how to attack crosses from set pieces :lol: !

one thing what id like to know about last night is why all the tics players were calling KL keith for??? or where this nickname has come from, asked a lad at work who knows him and he said it must of come from oldham as he has never heard that one before.. wonder weather its something like they ant got a nickname for him so they just called him keith and it has stuck funny tho :grin::unsure:

one thing what id like to know about last night is why all the tics players were calling KL keith for??? or where this nickname has come from, asked a lad at work who knows him and he said it must of come from oldham as he has never heard that one before.. wonder weather its something like they ant got a nickname for him so they just called him keith and it has stuck funny tho :grin::unsure:
which kl do you mean if its lee

its not keith its kie[key] could be misheard as kieth but its just a shortening of his name

:laught16:

Here we go...welcome to BP DP, just remember every time you wee, poo and miss the bowl, if there's a chance there will be a latics fan waiting to pick you up on it :grin: Honestly!!

Pre season games, as Penney has said will involve all, playing 45mins and then increasing as they go.

Get a grip FFS.

and if you are a champion fisher, then i'm happy to be hooked. If not see above.

And BTW - Congratulations on becoming the 5000th member :chubb:

REason for edit; Late congratulations.

He only asked !