Random Idea

Im bored writing my dissertation, (yeah yeah tax dodging lazy student :wink: ), and have just come up with a random and no doubt stupid idea for fans to hyperthetically put money into the playing budget.

Basically fans who wanted to or can afford to could put money into a pot say minimum £5 plus at the end of the season. Then this pot is donated to the club with the condition that it could only be used on wages. Therefore the fans know that the extra money donated is 100% going into improving the product on the pitch.

Im guessing it woulnt work because not enough people would get involved so not enough money would be raised to make a difference. I look forward to getting shot down. :grin:

Let's say 3,000 ST holders donate £5 each - that's £15,000. Probably not going to get a lot for that.

Don't like knocking ideas intended to help the club, so I take no pleasure in this post!

Yeah I agree, i think thats where it would fail. But say maybe 3000 put in £10. This would give £30,000, not a great deal on its own. However, maybe this could be added to the highest wage we are willing to pay which may allow us to bring in at least 1 player of better quality.

Let's say 3,000 ST holders donate £5 each - that's £15,000. Probably not going to get a lot for that.

Don't like knocking ideas intended to help the club, so I take no pleasure in this post!

Heh. But I'm sure it'd pay for a young kid's first pro contract, no? You could then have a reality show-esque "vote-off" between numerous candidates and pay for a young talented kid's first venture into professional football.

Has this already been done though? <_<

Heh. But I'm sure it'd pay for a young kid's first pro contract, no? You could then have a reality show-esque "vote-off" between numerous candidates and pay for a young talented kid's first venture into professional football.

Has this already been done though? <_<

Haha i like that idea, we as fans get to choose a young player to take on at the club. Would probably get lots of fans turning up to youth team games which would mean extra revenue. Would probably spur the youngsters on to try even harder knowing if they impress the fans they might get a contract. Would probably give the club some publicity, especially the youth team which may lead to us attracting better young players. Win win!! :grin:

That would go on the christmas do.

Seeing as most, if not all, our revenue is spent on wages I suppose it's just an optional ticket price increase. And to be fair £30k would pay a £600/£700 per week wage for a season.....or it could cover a fee for a young player? Or a loan signing?

The club could do it as it would cost next to nothing to administer. If it raises a few grand then why not? TTA put enough in and I reckon there would be a few main-stand show-offs competing as to who put the most in! :)

Or maybe the money could be used in a different way. Maybe those who donate give the money as a prize to who they vote for as player of the season. A nice tax free bonus of even £15,000 could be a good incentive for the players to work towards.

Or maybe the money could be used in a different way. Maybe those who donate give the money as a prize to who they vote for as player of the season. A nice tax free bonus of even £15,000 could be a good incentive for the players to work towards.

I don't see HM Revenue and Customs consider that as tax exempt!

I dont think the idea should be ruled out though, more funds reallocated to alternatives (not player wages).

How much would a portacabin big enough for Boundary Blues cost? Could the money be used to improve the Broadway side toilets in the Chaddy End? Could it be used to fund free tickets for new potential fans (e.g. schools, clubs, pubs, sunday league football teams)?

This all assumes that the money could be raised.

If it was included as a £5 optional supplement on a season ticket and I could see the wider benefits I'd pay.

Edited by opinions4u

if that amount was being raised would it not be a better idea (if it is being donated to the club) that it goes to providing x number of free junior season tickets?

I suppose the money could be donated for anything, junior season tickets could be a great investment for the future. How much are junior tickets? £50?

I suppose the money could be donated for anything, junior season tickets could be a great investment for the future. How much are junior tickets? £50?

That'll teach me to get :censored:faced and miss posts.

If I would look towards us all to join together to put money towards it would be:

(a) Something that benefits some of us (maybe , in this case, not me).

(B) something that benefits the future of this club (this has to be an absolute)

© something that Corps would find useful - the defining factor.

Money towards letting kids in for nigh on free I think is a brilliant idea, and I will happily contribute towards as a group. Goddamn, it's the future.*

*I would rather it was in a singular stand, as I hate kids. So long as it is advertised I don't care, I can change. Just, show me the money (in ten years).