Ask Prozac

OK a new feature.

Post any Latics related question, and see how quickly prozac comes up with the answer.

So Prozac, I recall as a young lad (so it would have been the 70's), I watched Oldham v Bolton (I am almost sure) and a player hit the ball towards the Main stand and it knocked a policemans helmet off (his head!).

Do you knw the game, date, score and who hit the shot.

(PS I've no idea it was just one of my earliest recollections of watching Latics

OK a new feature.

Post any Latics related question, and see how quickly prozac comes up with the answer.

So Prozac, I recall as a young lad (so it would have been the 70's), I watched Oldham v Bolton (I am almost sure) and a player hit the ball towards the Main stand and it knocked a policemans helmet off (his head!).

Do you knw the game, date, score and who hit the shot.

(PS I've no idea it was just one of my earliest recollections of watching Latics

I'm 32 mate so not a clue, ask the old guard Stipey or Wilson might know. '86 onwards I'm yer man! (The owd fella might know, I'll ask him on Satdy!)

Oh and as for the feature, I have got a life yer know! :tongue1:

Edited by oafcprozac

I'm 32 mate so not a clue, ask the old guard Stipey or Wilson might know. '86 onwards I'm yer man! (The owd fella might know, I'll ask him on Satdy!)

Oh and as for the feature, I have got a life yer know! :tongue1:

no probs!

I must wi a prize though, first time IO can recall you stumped.

Mind you I did have you oder then 32, hope your mind does not deteriote to my level in the next 10 years!

Who did we play when Lee Clithoroe (sp?) broke his leg?

I really liked that lad. I thought he had a future. I remember him against the Dingles in the game it pissed it down (98?) and I thought 'what a prospect' (really - the lad looked better than Adams to me). It was next season wasn't it. Really early doors. Then he failed straight away (ninjad) and it wents tits up on his comeback after about a minute. No idea who on either occasion.

How many times did we play Paul 'bastard son of a whore' Reid* after he left?

*Honestly, this is dubbed.

NB> I thought he was world champ of guessing/rightness?

Would have thought 4 times, 99/00 & 00/01. He scored against us at Gigg Lane with a pen in 99/00 (drew 2-2) and in other games hit the bar and had a goal disallowed. He also set up Andy Preece's late header in the 2-2.

Who did we play when Lee Clithoroe (sp?) broke his leg?

Tough one that, forgot the lad existed! I'm sure it was a game close to Christmas in Ritchie's first season. I think it was Walsall and he if I remember correctly he was seriously nobbled ny their guy. If it was the Walsall game we lost 2-0. I think it may have even been Pointon that did for him. They had a guy called Walter Otta up front.

Tough one that, forgot the lad existed! I'm sure it was a game close to Christmas in Ritchie's first season. I think it was Walsall and he if I remember correctly he was seriously nobbled ny their guy. If it was the Walsall game we lost 2-0. I think it may have even been Pointon that did for him. They had a guy called Walter Otta up front.

Any relation to Tarka the? :grin: