Halifax 2 Latics 1

Well we were given a bit of a football lesson tonight at a rainy Shay. Pav, Rubes, Greegs, Jacobson and Taylor were all rested. A few more of the kids gopt run outs, Will played 90 minutes.

Tbh we were okay in the first half, with Worthington dishing out punishment all over the place. His passing was poor, Furman did ok but picked up a knock. Chris O'Grady scored a great goal and carried on where he left off at Hyde. Brooke missed a sitter but worked hard, Kieran Lee looked very good there was a trialist at no. 6 I think who was subbed before half-time, Emmanuel played again and we had a trialist at no. 11.

Second-Half we were very disjointed with another unknown upfront although it may have been Eaves. Rowney stood out like a shining beacon. Both goals were conceded through poor defending and both were near post finishes. The short stocky lad up front scored a greatr goal for them and caused us problems all night.

If I remember anymore I'll post. Oh and rumour has it Dunfermline are less than impressed with Fleming.

Can someone give me the run down on Rowney, where he's come from etc, been to game tonight and he stood out a mile but been out of the country until recently and don't know his baackground

Youth product.

11 had a look of Liam Dawson about him.

I've not seen him before Dawson or Rowney for that matter. Rowney should not be one for the future he's gotta be for now, the composure he has the touch he possesses is something i believe has not been seen at BP for a long time, the kid could be a bit special

Can someone give me the run down on Rowney, where he's come from etc, been to game tonight and he stood out a mile but been out of the country until recently and don't know his baackground

thought he looked good at hyde aswell.

Well we were given a bit of a football lesson tonight at a rainy Shay. Pav, Rubes, Greegs, Jacobson and Taylor were all rested. A few more of the kids gopt run outs, Will played 90 minutes.

Tbh we were okay in the first half, with Worthington dishing out punishment all over the place. His passing was poor, Furman did ok but picked up a knock. Chris O'Grady scored a great goal and carried on where he left off at Hyde. Brooke missed a sitter but worked hard, Kieran Lee looked very good there was a trialist at no. 6 I think who was subbed before half-time, Emmanuel played again and we had a trialist at no. 11.

Second-Half we were very disjointed with another unknown upfront although it may have been Eaves. Rowney stood out like a shining beacon. Both goals were conceded through poor defending and both were near post finishes. The short stocky lad up front scored a greatr goal for them and caused us problems all night.

If I remember anymore I'll post. Oh and rumour has it Dunfermline are less than impressed with Fleming.

:lol:

I'd assume that's a comment from the fans? If so, they must be even more judgemental than our lot! *Insert Dunfermline manager* OUT!

Good on O'Grady.. glad to hear he did OK again... as for the rest? Well, lets just say we will probably have acouple of less trialists on show on Saturday...

I've not seen him before Dawson or Rowney for that matter. Rowney should not be one for the future he's gotta be for now, the composure he has the touch he possesses is something i believe has not been seen at BP for a long time, the kid could be a bit special

Hmm I'm sure we said that about Alessandra.

E4e

DJAVU

Hmm I'm sure we said that about Alessandra.

E4e

DJAVU

I guess DP sees him playing some part this season with him playing in both the friendlies so far but I guess we sill have to wait and see.

I wasnt overly impressed with him in the Hyde game but you cant really make any judgement on someone in 45 mins but DP obviously thinks he's got something and hopefully he will push for a place in the first team. Cant beat having competition for places.

Hopefully we will have two future starts in him and Brooke.

Was it hainings mistake that lead to the goal?

Was it hainings mistake that lead to the goal?

The first goal the defence was nowhere to be seen, second goal we were nailed for pace after Kelvin under no pressure passed straight to their winger who lumped it forward and the guy Marvin Johnson finished easily.

Neither goals were Hainings direct errors, the first was a comedy of missed challenges from all, their second was stated was a error by Lomax but not helped by the big yank CB ( name unsure of) being completely out of position, i've read some things saying we should have another look at him, I'm no scouting god but can tell you he's that tall his brain is not connected to his feet and if it is there is a great delay, he'd cost us goals this season, for me its Haining all the way.

In regards to Alessandra and Rowney, Rowney looks like he's motivated and has a natural touch for a ball, something i believe Lewi has never shown. Anyone know who all the other trialists were? Although must say non stood out