Bury 0 Latics 0

First half we played well and should have scored at least three goals. Second-Half the substitutions and trialists disrupted the performance. Stand out player was Furman, covered every blade of grass. Trialist centre-forward was really poor, sad to see him stretchered off and would have thought nowhere near good enough for a deal. Bury in the main were poor, Sodge won everything in the air as usual and how the hell did Taylor miss that late header?

Special mention for the knob in pink sat at the back and his chavvy mates slagging Eards at every touch. Please be sat in the Chaddy end this season because I can see me having a serious chat or two with you. Although I may have to join the queue.

First half we played well and should have scored at least three goals. Second-Half the substitutions and trialists disrupted the performance. Stand out player was Furman, covered every blade of grass. Trialist centre-forward was really poor, sad to see him stretchered off and would have thought nowhere near good enough for a deal. Bury in the main were poor, Sodge won everything in the air as usual and how the hell did Taylor miss that late header?

Special mention for the knob in pink sat at the back and his chavvy mates slagging Eards at every touch. Please be sat in the Chaddy end this season because I can see me having a serious chat or two with you. Although I may have to join the queue.

Brill - Not a great deal to do, kicking was a little suspect - Played 90 mins

Eards - Same old Neal, carrying a knock I reckon - Played an hour

Greegs - Looked old and slow, but it is pre-season - 90 mins

Rubes - Lucky to stay on with a cynical hauling down of their player late-on. -90 mins

Jacobson - Tidy game, good corners 90 mins

Smalley - Should have scored first half, usual standard, took a knock? Played an hour

Furman - class apart, covered every blade of grass and had the desire to wina ball back late on. Will be a star - 90 mins

Worthington - Hatchet man! Passing hit and miss. Played 70 mins

Pav - Lacking sharpness, obviously. Played quite deep. Played 50 mins

O'Grady - Busy, put himself about Played an hour

Taylor - again lacking sharpness, should have scored twice - Played 90 mins

Subs:

Lomax - as per

Lewi - as per

Trialist Striker - :censored:e

Whitaker - Casper has returned

Rowney - decent again , let's see more of him

Brooke - Involved

I think that was it anyway!

That's a fair assessment of the game.

Bury surprised me. I thought that in the play-offs they were the best side but today they looked pretty average. I'm biased but Latics had 95% of the match. We missed some good chances and that is the biggest cause for concern.

However much Lee Hughes wanted... pay him.

To be charitbale Abbot looked better than when I saw him at Hyde and I assume that there is more to come.

That's a fair assessment of the game.

Bury surprised me. I thought that in the play-offs they were the best side but today they looked pretty average. I'm biased but Latics had 95% of the match. We missed some good chances and that is the biggest cause for concern.

However much Lee Hughes wanted... pay him.

To be charitbale Abbot looked better than when I saw him at Hyde and I assume that there is more to come.

This striker we bring in, whoever he may be, must have a bit of pace about him. Doesn't have to be a JJ and stupidly fast but enough to stretch the play a bit and open a team up. Hughes compensated for his lack of pace with excellent movement.

I thought it was woeful today. Pre season but i was bored to tears. We had the majority of the play but didnt have a shot on target.

Key points for me:

Trialist striker should have been awarded a pen and should have scored but got injured instead. Looked very young and i doubt we will see him again.

Strikers were busy up front but i can't see us scoring many goals. I have faith in Abbott but at the moment he is huffing and puffing his way around the pitch.

Left back position looks nailed down with Jacobson and im glad we now have a corner taker.

We look vunerable at CB today on occasions. When playing against a quick striker we are guna get caught out.

Furman is quality and will only get better.

Whitaker was poor then?

The one thing he has going for him, he weighs in with a few goals. Other than that he isn't great. Wouldn't be surprised if Sheridan came in for him.

Edited by Butter

Whitaker was poor then?

The one thing he has going about him, he weighs in with a few goals. Other than that he isn't great. Wouldn't be surprised if Sheridan came in for him.

I dont see how he was poor. Came on as a sub, didnt play a bad pass and was no better or worse than anyone else.

Whitaker was poor then?

The one thing he has going about him, he weighs in with a few goals. Other than that he isn't great. Wouldn't be surprised if Sheridan came in for him.

Oh one more thing, Kieran Lee didn't look to be involved at all, wasn't even warming up with the lads that didn't get on the field.

Edited by oafcprozac

Good summary of the game oafcprozac.

Finishing and sharpness is generally something that all teams lack in preseason. Not a major concern, would like to see another striker come in soon, with a brain as well as pace for a change. I have faith in Abbot and reckon he can do it for us this season if he remains fit.

Furman is a quality player if you give it to him hes the one who will pass it around jacobson is better then jones at defending. Still a few dodgy pass backs. i also notice that they was long balls going up

fort jacobson looked good after the comments we got off bristol rovers fans wasnt expecting much but he dint seem to bad had a steady game. furman will be amazing but if we dont go up can see him movin on for some good money next summer. dont see how anyone can criticise whitaker he dint do anything outstanding but didnt do anythin wrong either and at times he has a great touch and we all no what he can do with his shooting especialy his left foot(suposedly weaker)

Trialist striker should have been awarded a pen and should have scored but got injured instead. Looked very young and i doubt we will see him again.

I havent got to see any of pre-season but is it fair to assume that because of all the trialist strikers, its not looking likely as if we will get anyone in to partner Pav for the start of the season? The only reason i ask i because it would be strange for DP to bringing in trialist strikers if he thought he had better options. I know pre-season is for finding out about players but from reports on here we seem to be clutching at straws????

Another NHS statistic...

:lol::lol:

Thing was. He wouldnt of got took out and he would of scored that chance had he had a bit more desire/bottle. Instead he bottled it, got crunched and ended up being stretchered off.

Oh well. We passed it around pretty well but no end product.

I havent got to see any of pre-season but is it fair to assume that because of all the trialist strikers, its not looking likely as if we will get anyone in to partner Pav for the start of the season? The only reason i ask i because it would be strange for DP to bringing in trialist strikers if he thought he had better options. I know pre-season is for finding out about players but from reports on here we seem to be clutching at straws????

At this rate it will be Pav being partnered with COG. Impressed with him so far.