Kieran Lee made available for Loan

exactly,i said in a post on sunday he had been told friday he could go on loan,his response on saturday was he wasn,t going to go he could build fitness in ressies and fight for a place.i spoke to him last night and yesterday he had been kept away from 1st team training and left to train with some hungarian players.

this i find disgusting,if his style isn,t what dp wants fair enough but to treat him that way is out of order so to me it looks as though he is going to be forced out

If that is the case I find it disgusting he is kept away from the first team. If DP prides himself on the fitness of his teams and the intensity of training, wouldn't that be the best place for him to get fit? If Lee's fitness is as bad as they make out then I'm sure he could help himself....hill running etc but do not think he should be made available to loan....but we're not managers are we?!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bloody hell fellas, stock responses there - I thought I'd get a bit more credit than that!

It doesn't take any 1st team games to be fit enough to not be :censored: after 20 minutes. He isn't fit full-stop! 'Match fitness' is about gaining that last bit of stamina, getting muscles otherwise rarely used working and fine tuning your touch. That's how I see it anyway.

Yes and surely match fitness is gained through playing matches, so how can any player become match fit when he isn't playing matches :blink::blink::unsure:

Yes and surely match fitness is gained through playing matches, so how can any player become match fit when he isn't playing matches :blink::blink::unsure:

:petesake:

For goodness sake, he needs to get some sort of base fitness before he can be given the games to try and gain 'Match Fitness'.

We pay him to help us, it's not the other way around!

For goodness sake, he needs to get some sort of base fitness before he can be given the games to try and gain 'Match Fitness'.

would you say after the end of season break,virtually all the players aren't match fit?

they start pre-season training to get back into the stride(those who continue to train during the break will be getting there easier and quicker),and building back up to match fitness.

if he has a fitness problem,maybe DP hasn't been impressed with some aspects of his efforts to get to match fitness level?

His base fitness didn't look too bad to me last season at Crewe in his first start.......My point about 'playing matches' is he's trained for years so far but over the last couple of seasons has played very few competitive games - base fitness is no good unless you are up to the pace of competitive football and he obviously can't be, having no ressies last season.

Going out on loan, may help rectify this.

If DP thought he was good enough to catch the first team I think he would be making sure he got him fit as quick as possible, he would be getting his fitness levels up now through featuring in pre season games. The fact that he has hardly featured in any games tells me he is not really wanted and is not in DP's immediate plans.

Think he is being sent out on loan more to free up the wages than to get him fit.

This whole situation strikes me that he is very much not wanted by DP and does not figure in any of his plans.

If we could just release him I'm sure we would but he has 12 months still left on his contract and would need paying off, the next best thing for us is to loan him out to get him in some part off the wage bill.

With regard to his fitness, if DP considered him to be part of his plans he would be taking every measure to get him fit, both his base fitness and his match fitness.

I suspect he has no future at BP.

If DP thought he was good enough to catch the first team I think he would be making sure he got him fit as quick as possible, he would be getting his fitness levels up now through featuring in pre season games. The fact that he has hardly featured in any games tells me he is not really wanted and is not in DP's immediate plans.

Think he is being sent out on loan more to free up the wages than to get him fit.

Very rarely are we party to what goes on throughout the week; day in day out at BP.

On the surface this looks a bit strange; a number of us rate Lee from the snippets we’ve seen of him (for me; Crewe away, Brighton Home & 2 ressie game; one for us; one against us while at Man Ure). He looks a very useful passer of the ball, he appears to have a good football brain; looks to get the ball into team mates’ feet & looks to give & go as & when he can.

Understandably, whilst catching the eye somewhat in the games with his technical ability; he has looked really unfit – Crewe & Brighton he was spent after 50/60mins of the game. It’s not surprising considering the idiotic decision to scrap the reserves last season; he was well short of match fitness & practice. At Hyde last week, he looked really unfit again; he was really blowing after 10 mins of the second half getting underway. Whilst this too can be somewhat expected as its pre-season; I was concerned at Hyde that he was apparently so unfit & off the pace; the other Latics players around him; having had the exact same amount of time off looked streets ahead of him in the fitness stakes. Rowney, Eardley (until his injury)….even Wolfy looked to have more energy & more aerobic fitness than Lee did on that showing.

If it is a major problem; that he just can’t get up to a real level of fitness no matter what he does & how hard he works; then we have a problem. If its that he doesn’t help himself at all; doing no extra work to add to the team training, then once again I think we have a problem.

If it’s a pure footballing issue; that Penney doesn’t rate him / can’t see him fitting in with what he has planned – then I have back the manager. If I knew more about the game & spotting players than him; then I’d be working in the game right now – I’m not; and I trust DP in this matter.

If he’s not going to feature for us; if he’s only going to get reserve games; then Maybe Lee should take the hint & look to go out on loan; it might just be a fresh start that kicks on his career – which, to be quite frank, has stagnated for a couple of years now

Dp comments in the Chron

"Penney said: ‘Neither Matty nor Kieran will effect the first team"

“They are available for loan, which frees up two places so we can get other players in.”

Think we have seen the last of Lee from those comments

yeah think your right niki but don,t bank on lees wages yet as he won,t go anywhere unless he wants to and at the moment he doesn,t,if a good move comes along fair enough but until it does he staying put unless they decide to pay his contract up.

Dp comments in the Chron

"Penney said: ‘Neither Matty nor Kieran will effect the first team"

“They are available for loan, which frees up two places so we can get other players in.”

Think we have seen the last of Lee from those comments

i personally cant see him having a problem with training and fitness really..it would have been sorted out at united whilst there,if you dont perform there you simply get thrown out....

i think its more a case of there not his players....he doesnt want to give them a space in the team if he can bring in 1 or a couple of decent players...so therefor make them available and if they impress might get something for them or off the wage bill completely.

im still waiting with baited breath for the marquee player which was talked about.

shame really as i dont think lee has had a decent chance or run to prove himself.

• 1 year later...
wasnt he just. i used to always say moanin does no good, but deep down i knew penney was doin no good.

i think the difference in taylor says it all.

Aye,

Bet Lee was distraught inside really, knowing he was a good player just couldnt show us or Penney