Official Statement about Ground move at 12:01 am

I haven't held any such theory. Perhaps you can give me evidence of it?

The 'piece' shatters nothing apart from the 'theory', long held by you, and expounded on these boards, that everything was going swimmingly.

Evidence...

As I say, I haven't made any specific requests though. I have merely questioned this so-called plan, and pointed out the flaws of relying on something that might not even exist.

I still don't see how we are 'moving in the direction of Wigan,' however. As far as I can see, the situation at the two clubs is entirely different in almost every way and has been ever since Whelen got hold of them. They've achieved what they have in a way that could not be more different to the strategy that people on here seem to be able to discern and choose to place their faith in.

What I have done is questioned the wisdom of pinning all our hopes on a plan that, as yet, remains on paper only, and highlighted a number of the reasons why.

Again, though, this 'wait for the new stadium' approach ignores the fact that the whole scheme remains on paper as yet, that we have no firm evidence that significant money will be ploughed into the playing side (assuming that the extra stadium revenue is actually forthcoming in the first place)

There may be no masterplans on offer, but when it comes to luck in football, you usually have to make your own. Contrast the fortunes of clubs that are known to have clearly defined plans to those that merely drift along.

Where, therefore, are the guarantees that the stadium plan will ever get off the ground?

Even you will surely admit that until times like now, when it becomes official (regardless of myself and others knowing for sometime that this was in the pipeline) then it's pretty damn hard to state a stadium is 100% definitely going to happen. However, as you've continually played the yarn that it's all hot air and on paper and that it's not high on TTA's agenda...all along it has been. Be nice to see you be more encouraged and yes, we'll all breath a sigh of relief when that 1st turnstile clicks in the new place but come on...we don't have a time machine to go from ideas and plans to walking into the place tomorrow and in the meantime, don't need the prophecies of doom you love to peddle endlessly.

Edited by boundaryblue80

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Evidence...

Even you will surely admit that until times like now, when it becomes official (regardless of myself and others knowing for sometime that this was in the pipeline) then it's pretty damn hard to state a stadium is 100% definitely going to happen. However, as you've continually played the yarn that it's all hot air and on paper and that it's not high on TTA's agenda...all along it has been. Be nice to see you be more encouraged and yes, we'll all breath a sigh of relief when that 1st turnstile clicks in the new place but come on...we don't have a time machine to go from ideas and plans to walking into the place tomorrow and in the meantime, don't need the prophecies of doom you love to peddle endlessly.

You may have noticed that my so-called prophecies of doom have started to come true.

Evidence...

To be fair I remember similar posts aimed at him when he was saying Oldham Arena would never happen... His prophecies of doom have a habit of coming true... While you optimism falls flat...

To be fair I remember similar posts aimed at him when he was saying Oldham Arena would never happen... His prophecies of doom have a habit of coming true... While you optimism falls flat...

Yeah....coz we could all see the economic downturn that lead to the shelving of Oldham Arena coming 2yrs ago, couldn't we?