What about the Roughyeds?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to have a pop at the Rugby ruins the pitch myth.....I was at Halifax last week. Their Rugby is a division above ours and their pitch is a :censored:ing mess. It's flat, green, no bobbles If I followed Halifax Town I'd throw my season ticket in the face of the Chairman. How can you play football on a perfectly flat green surface?

It is entirely possible you are a sniper, or agitator, or someone who is set up to try and cause arguments.

I put it that your modus oeprandi is to simply shooting down other peoples view points, o rtake a contrary stance.

You have a track record of not propsing any solutions of your own, and none that do notith an infinite pot of money to spend.

The answer is 3.

So 3 topics stared, out of 2,200 posts suggests you are not at the forefront of problem solving , jsut bashing others

You're not usually quite such a cretin Singe, baby. A sniper? Do you think this is Sarajevo circa 1992?

If I don't agree with a viewpoint then I am inclined to 'shoot it down,' as you put it. What else do you want me to do? Agree for the sake of agreeing? A major purpose of internet forums is for contending viewpoints to be aired. If that bothers you maybe you should stay off them.

How many times do I need to reply that it is neither in the power of the average fan to offer solutions to a club's plight, nor would any such offers, in all likelihood, be listened to. Furthermore, football clubs already pay handsomely people to come up with solutions. In the case of the new stadium proposal, I feel that they've come up with one that represents a retreat from any pretence that OAFC is anything other than a permanent lower division club. I'm not asking you or anybody else to agree with that viewpoint. I'm simply offering it up for debate. If that upsets some people, tough titty.

Basically Corp, his problem is that you're bringing the exact same debate to every single topic you post in. This is a topic about what will happen to Oldham RUFC regarding the new stadium, it is not about what you think of the stadium, what you think about the current condition of OAFC or anything else for that matter, it is about what will happen to Oldham RUFC regarding the new stadium.

And because the subject involves the new stadium, the subject can't be divorced from the question of what kind of future for both OAFC and the rugby club.

You make like to compartmentalise life, so as to make it simpler, but when you leave school you might start to learn that things are a bit more complicated.

They have a Chris Moore style situation going on at the moment. The current owner has just got rid of 4 players when they don't have enough as it is.

As for why should we help them, why should OMBC help us? I am sure if the council are involved the Rugby will have been mentioned.

Guest sheridans_world
I'm actually tied of dispelling this 'RUGBY RUINS THE PITCH' nonsense.

I dont know whether it is the Rugby or the volume of games on the pitch but after speaking several times with Tony, the groundsman, he hates the Rugby because they do tear the pitch up.

I'm sure that the guy who looks after the thing isnt wrong?!

You're not usually quite such a cretin Singe, baby. A sniper? Do you think this is Sarajevo circa 1992?

If I don't agree with a viewpoint then I am inclined to 'shoot it down,' as you put it. What else do you want me to do? Agree for the sake of agreeing? A major purpose of internet forums is for contending viewpoints to be aired. If that bothers you maybe you should stay off them.

When things resort to childish insults perhaps the answer can be found in Belbin's Theory of Management as to types of people/managers.

First things first, though. You need all types of types of pople. And you know I have consistently argued against bannig you and the need for a counter argument.

I still hold that view.

Perhaps I have been guilty in tyrying to see if you viewpoint will soften.

And this message board could not thrive or flourish without you. But I am smiply debating your style. I have no problem with an alternative viewpoint.

My best guess is that you are a Monitor Evaluator.

Belbin and Monitor Evaluator

Monitor evaluator

1. According to the model, this is a judicious, prudent, intelligent person with a low need to achieve.

2. Monitor evaluators contribute particularly at times of crucial decision making because they are capable of evaluating competing proposals.

3. The monitor evaluator is not deflected by emotional arguments, is serious minded, tends to be slow in coming to a decision because of a need to think things over and takes pride in never being wrong.

4. Weaknesses are that they may appear dry and boring or even over-critical.

5. They are not good at inspiring others.

6. Those in high level appointments are often monitor evaluators.

Edited by singe

They have a Chris Moore style situation going on at the moment. The current owner has just got rid of 4 players when they don't have enough as it is.

As for why should we help them, why should OMBC help us? I am sure if the council are involved the Rugby will have been mentioned.

Pretty bad news being close to a shot at promotion.

To lose someown like Andy Ballard and for no money is simply vindictive.

If I don't agree with a viewpoint then I am inclined to 'shoot it down,' as you put it. What else do you want me to do?

Actually, I'd quite like to hear about something you do like, rather than constantly hearing what you don't like.

It is a little strange that in all the official words from both Latics and the council about this new proposal, no mention has been made of Roughyeds. This is surely the elephant in the room, so to speak. As mentioned above, I can't really see the proposal receiving council funding unless the plan is to let Roughyeds share the ground.

I can accept the argument that they wouldn't actually do much damage to a decent pitch. The more relevant point for me (in recent times at least) has been the attendance figures. Unless and until they can attract crowds of more than 1500 or so, what is the point - or indeed the attraction - of playing in a 12000 seat stadium?

Pretty bad news being close to a shot at promotion.

To lose someown like Andy Ballard and for no money is simply vindictive.

I think i'm definitely calling it a day this season, as fans we need answers and soon. We have lost four of our best players and the man with the money is set to leave. I think everything that happened 3 seasons ago when the club nearly went bust could be happening again. I'de be surprised if we are still around by the 2011/12 season.

When things resort to childish insults perhaps the answer can be found in Belbin's Theory of Management as to types of people/managers.

First things first, though. You need all types of types of pople. And you know I have consistently argued against bannig you and the need for a counter argument.

I still hold that view.

Perhaps I have been guilty in tyrying to see if you viewpoint will soften.

And this message board could not thrive or flourish without you. But I am smiply debating your style. I have no problem with an alternative viewpoint.

My best guess is that you are a Monitor Evaluator.

Belbin and Monitor Evaluator

Monitor evaluator

1. According to the model, this is a judicious, prudent, intelligent person with a low need to achieve.

2. Monitor evaluators contribute particularly at times of crucial decision making because they are capable of evaluating competing proposals.

3. The monitor evaluator is not deflected by emotional arguments, is serious minded, tends to be slow in coming to a decision because of a need to think things over and takes pride in never being wrong.

4. Weaknesses are that they may appear dry and boring or even over-critical.

5. They are not good at inspiring others.

6. Those in high level appointments are often monitor evaluators.

Oh, that's big of you-to argue against banning me. Who's been suggesting I'm banned and what for exactly? I know some of you are highly resistant to bad news, but does anybody ever have to censor my posts because they're full of gratuitous swearing and so on? Plenty of those on here-anybody suggesting that the posters responsible are banned?

I've childishly insulted you? Perhaps-but what was I responding to apart from childish insults from you?

And if you have no problem with an alternative viewpoint (although alternative to what, exactly? There's no official 'line' on here, and several others sometimes argue along similar lines to me), what do you keep going on about?

Who cares? They neglected their gaff...spent their money...moved out for builders...now they are parasites at BP....wanting a free ride and they wail if they dont get it.

get rid..they could play on waterhead park for the crowds they get......they could become a feeder club for saddleworth rangers....

and this fiasco with hamilton and the other pillock....give me strength.

Who cares? They neglected their gaff...spent their money...moved out for builders...now they are parasites at BP....wanting a free ride and they wail if they dont get it.

get rid..they could play on waterhead park for the crowds they get......they could become a feeder club for saddleworth rangers....

:censored: alert !

FYI, the Roughyeds pay US to play at BP, so WTF are you on about 'free ride' ??

And because the subject involves the new stadium, the subject can't be divorced from the question of what kind of future for both OAFC and the rugby club.

You make like to compartmentalise life, so as to make it simpler, but when you leave school you might start to learn that things are a bit more complicated.

I had to break it down for you a little. Same debate, different topic, change the record.

I would have thought that the council wil have stipulated they have to share the ground if they release the area to build on.....and remember there are loyal fans who have been following them for years just like latics fans who would be gutted if they folded...have some heart and think about if it was us in their position. Brain before mouth.