TRON

Ackey

Oh come on. Back in 1982 or whenever it was made it was original and groundbreaking. Now? Its just gonna be the same as a million other films that have been made in the last 10 years......... The euphria over the transformers movie i could just about forgive, cos of Megan Doodah, but this one? I think im gonna have to confiscate some blockbuster cards.......

Oh come on. Back in 1982 or whenever it was made it was original and groundbreaking. Now? Its just gonna be the same as a million other films that have been made in the last 10 years......... The euphria over the transformers movie i could just about forgive, cos of Megan Doodah, but this one? I think im gonna have to confiscate some blockbuster cards.......

Now. I would never argue that the first was outstandingly outstanding. Like groundbreaking. I remember seeing it for the first time and being in awe. It still gives me a shiver down my spine.

But I think this has potential to be an amazing remake. Watch that preview. They're honouring it, not copying it.

I'm way more excited about it than I was for Transformers 1/2.

Mmm. Loved the first one - as much as Ackey, from the sound of it. Not sure on this one though - I wouldn't want to see it cloned, but it left me cold. The FX look modern and dated at the same time (the faces in the helmets), but nothing remarkable. And that lightcycle chase just looked a bit too "game tie-in" friendly for my liking.

Of course, I'll still watch it (just like I did with the Watchmen movie) but my hopes are not great.

Now, theres 3 things you have done wrong....

1. Not be excited by Tron

2. Being slightly negative about Transformers.

3. Forgetting the name of Megan Fox.

One on its own is an oversight... two is actually very silly.... three, well... errr....

Ban him Ack. Ban Him. <_<

Mmm. Loved the first one - as much as Ackey, from the sound of it. Not sure on this one though - I wouldn't want to see it cloned, but it left me cold. The FX look modern and dated at the same time (the faces in the helmets), but nothing remarkable. And that lightcycle chase just looked a bit too "game tie-in" friendly for my liking.

Of course, I'll still watch it (just like I did with the Watchmen movie) but my hopes are not great.

The face/mask thing is on purpose... I think they're moving away from the original idea that he'd been "sucked into" a computer towards an advanced World Of Warcraft/Second Life type idea.

That's just my understanding from that clip and some half arsed rumours online though so I may prove to be way off.

OMG!! OMG!! OMG!!

TRON Legacy viral marketing campaign.

I've just stumbled upon this over on another board...

A number of online media people were woken up this morning by FedEx folks, delivering them mysterious packages.

Inside the packages contained a generic looking flashdrive and two coin tokens.

The media people immediately investigate what was contained in the flashdrive. Stored within was a single animated gif.

Turns out, each media person had coded messages that were different from each other. After some code analysis, it was discovered that the messages basically read "Flynn Lives" and contained the following web sites:

http://www.flynnlives.com/

http://homeoftron.com/

On the Flynn Lives site, there is a crawling spider at the bottom of the page. Clicking on the spider opens a new window that reveals a countdown. The countdown ends on Thursday, July 23 at 9:30pm PST.

Some of the media people then began to investigate the package boxes themselves. The return address read as such:

c/o Flynn Lives Organization

PO Box # 236

611 K Street #B

San Diego, CA 92101

On the map, it's just a block or two away from the San Diego Convention Center. Where earlier in the day, Steve Lisberger will be on hand to present 3D footage of Tron 2 as part of the Disney 3D panel.

It is speculated that Tron fans head over to the address at 9:30pm on Thursday where the next phase in the Tron viral campaign will take place. Some believe that this might end up becoming the new location of Flynn's Arcade.

Tron Viral Campaign Report

So my friends and I journeyed over to 1st Avenue and K Street, based on reports from the Flynn Lives web site and fliers handed out during the day. Along with a group of fans at 9:30pm on Thursday night, we were greeted by members of the Flynn Lives Organization.

We are briefed in participating in a Scavenger Hunt for three Flynn Lives posters that were hung up around the Gaslamp area. On those posters are secret codes which are used to piece together coordinates for a secret location somewhere in downtown San Diego. The majority of us were given packages that contained information on what we were to do, the map, a black light, and a Flynn's Arcade coin token.

In an effort to work faster, fans gathered and worked together in groups as we went off into the Gaslamp area in search of the Flynn Lives posters.

Upon finding the Flynn Lives posters, the first thing fans searched for was which number poster it was exactly. To make the task a little tricky, each poster is numbered and the codes have to match to the particular poster it is found upon.

Both the finding of the poster number and the codes they contain requires the use of the black light. To make things more difficult, they are printed in very small front sizes.

When all the codes have been uncovered, they piece together coordinates on a map to a destination fans are to go to. Following the exact route is not necessary, and would have been rather tiring.

The destination led us to 6th Avenue and K Street on the 6th Avenue side. It was here that fans discovered...

FLYNN'S ARCADE!!!

Fan Cam of the unveiling of Flynn's Arcade: www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pri8LPcauRo

We are let into the arcade in groups, where we find ourselves literally in a time-warp, arriving in the 80's. 80's arcade machines, table hockey, 80's music, and even actual working Space Paranoids machines!

Fan Cam inside Flynn's Arcade: www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHIRCjr1DM8

After about ten-fifteen minutes, the power begins to flicker with Journey songs playing in an out in-between. Then, a secret passageway is opened from behind the Tron machine. Inside leads to a hallway containing conceptual art for the new Lightcycles. Playing in the hallway is the new score Daft Punk composed for the film.

And at turning the corner at the end of the hallway, we see a live model of the new Lightcycle!

Fan Cam from power flickering to live model of Lightcycle with Daft Punk score playing: www.youtube.com/watch?v=Va-05JPQ5Xk

At the end, we are led out and received free swag for participating in the scavenger hunt. We were given a copy of the Flynn Lives poster (I have yet to check to see if it has any black light secrets) and one of two T-shirts: Flynn Lives of Flynn's Arcade. My friends and I chose Flynn's Arcade.

I do not know if it is still open past Comic Con, but it was sure as hell an awesome experience.

TRON Legacy viral marketing campaign.

I've just stumbled upon this over on another board...

Playing in the hallway is the new score Daft Punk composed for the film.

And at turning the corner at the end of the hallway, we see a live model of the new Lightcycle!

Fan Cam from power flickering to live model of Lightcycle with Daft Punk score playing: www.youtube.com/watch?v=Va-05JPQ5Xk

:shock::shock::shock::shock:

I'm just imagining how excited I would have been in that place... Discovering a new lightcycle with a techno sountrack by Daft Punk in the background... oh my go, oh my freaking god....

I've gone to geek heaven....