Worst case scenario?

Feel free to disagree with me on this as I am usually quite harsh when it comes to football but I feel this team, potentially, could be in for a long season. Why?

Dean Brill - of what I've seen of him he's one of the best goalkeepers in the world... if the balls nowhere near him. He's big and loud but, unfortuantely, has shown, to em, a lack of ability.

The defence, as has been mentioned in many other topics is certainly a major concern. Especially if Lomax is in it.

The midfield and attack is an area people seem to be overlooking a little to me. There's, on paper, not alot of goals coming from midfield (and potentially the attack);

Furman... only scored 6 in 30+ games playing at Bradford (who weren't the worst team in League 2).

Whittiker... I'm hoping won't play but if he does will only bring a couple of goals to the team.

Taylor and Smalley... never really been prolific enough for wingers.

Worthington... don't expect goals from his role.

Purdie... don't really know enough about him to comment.

Holdworth... a right back on the wing never works going forward.

Abbott... will score alot of goals if he stays fit but, personally, I'm not holding out much hope for him playing all season.

Parker... averages 1 goal every 5 games which will gve him about 10 league goals which I don't believe is enough for a striker.

O'Grady... couldn't hit a cow's backside with a banjo.

Byfield (if he signs)... could go either way.

If the goals tally this season follows what the players previous records have been then I believe we aren't going to score enough (coupled with how many we're looking like conceding) to push ourselves into the top half of the table.

It only takes a couple of players to show me I'm wrong, however, and who knows.

A bad start though and we could potentially find ourselves in a bit of trouble.

i think furman, with better players around him, will score a couple more than that.

Whitts will score a few, as he did last season.

agree with smalley, but i reckon taylor will get about 8 or 9.

I think parker will be our main source of goals this year though, hes looked lively in the friendlies, and hes a player with a point to prove.

Feel free to disagree with me on this as I am usually quite harsh when it comes to football but I feel this team, potentially, could be in for a long season. Why?

Dean Brill - of what I've seen of him he's one of the best goalkeepers in the world... if the balls nowhere near him. He's big and loud but, unfortuantely, has shown, to em, a lack of ability.

The defence, as has been mentioned in many other topics is certainly a major concern. Especially if Lomax is in it.

The midfield and attack is an area people seem to be overlooking a little to me. There's, on paper, not alot of goals coming from midfield (and potentially the attack);

Furman... only scored 6 in 30+ games playing at Bradford (who weren't the worst team in League 2).

Whittiker... I'm hoping won't play but if he does will only bring a couple of goals to the team.

Abbott... will score alot of goals if he stays fit but, personally, I'm not holding out much hope for him playing all season.

Parker... averages 1 goal every 5 games which will gve him about 10 league goals which I don't believe is enough for a striker.

If the goals tally this season follows what the players previous records have been then I believe we aren't going to score enough (coupled with how many we're looking like conceding) to push ourselves into the top half of the table.

It only takes a couple of players to show me I'm wrong, however, and who knows.

A bad start though and we could potentially find ourselves in a bit of trouble.

So you wont be bothering to go to any games this season then?

Think maybe people should lay off the guy. I see where he's coming from. If we get off to a bad start then with our defensive frailties we could be in a bit of a scrap. People have to remember that whilst we have made additions and improvments to our squad so has every other side in the league. The one thing I do believe is that our first day opponents will struggle this season and so it is imperative that we beat them and get off to a good start with so many away trips down south in the opening few weeks of the season.

Overall we'll be okay, we won't set the world alight THIS season, but I can't see us struggling either. But football is a funny old game (I've heard that before somewhere) and you never know, this time next year we could be celabrating a promotion or wondering how it's all gone wrong.

Jesus, It's pre-season! There have been times in the past where we have had a god awful pre season but done well in the league. It happens.

- I ask, give the guy a chance. However, I won't expect much from him if fans are on his back before the season has actually begun. God knows what will happen when he makes a mistake in the season.

- You obviously didn't see Lomax play against Blackpool? Excellent. I've always rated Lomax, so perhaps its personal opinion, but its safe to say he has staked his claim to start ahead of jacobsen when we play Stockport next week, and rightfully so. Acknowledged, this area does doubt me, but I have faith DP will bring in a CB. I think we are fine in the full back positions, just need a change in the middle.

- At Bradford, Furman didn't have half as good players as he will have around him at latics. Energetic player, running all game, and I think he will be the spark we have been missing since Wellens left.

Whittaker... I'm hoping won't play but if he does will only bring a couple of goals to the team.

- I will only expect him to bring a few purely because he won't be first choice.

- Taylor's goal tally will do for me. How many goals do you expect from a winger? Smalley again, I think will be on the bench, with Purdie taking his position when fit.

- Never did. He's a tough tackling midfielder more than anything. A bit of bite we have been missing. No doubt will be excellent support to Furman. Been impressed with him in pre-season.

- Basically drafted in when Mark Allott left. Adds flexibility considering he is a utility player. My only concern with him is that he hasn't had a full pre-season under his belt and may become effected by this nearer christmas.

- He isn't a winger. He is a right back. DP played him there to experiment. He will no doubt be a replacement for Eardley if he goes.

- Don't be a pessimistic sod about his fitness. Optimism is underrated :wink:

- Parker has been excellent in pre-season. Can't knock that.

Agree about O'Grady, however I don't think he will feature much if Byfield signs.