Penney speaks more sense

It isn't a hijack, in that Penney's comments are, as others have noted, clearly along the lines of what's been coming out of the club for most of our time in this division.

For people like you, 'Ed' anything that isn't what you wish to hear appears to be a hijack. Personally, I doubt if you'd notice a hijack if a chap of Middle Eastern appearance with a plastic knife in his hand was sweating profusely in the next seat to you on a plane flying over the USA.

Ignore me if you don't like it and read the posts you do like.

I’m sorry but I’m with Ed on this; once again a pretty level-headed article from our new manager has a thread started on it; to once again be moved into a same-old same-old ‘club is dying’ htread by CJ………I was wanting to post along the lines of how impressed I’ve been with DP’s handling of the media & the views that he has imparted since his tenure began with us…..instead I have to scroll through 4 pages of the same type of posts that get banded about on seeming every Latics related thread by the same old OWTB members…..it’s getting irksome; and simply saying don’t read them doesn’t cut it – I started reading this thread to pass comment on the article that contains DP’s most recent media comments – not another ’13 years, going nowhere, stagnating, club will be gone soon, the world is nigh’ drivel thread!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It isn't a hijack, in that Penney's comments are, as others have noted, clearly along the lines of what's been coming out of the club for most of our time in this division.

For people like you, 'Ed' anything that isn't what you wish to hear appears to be a hijack. Personally, I doubt if you'd notice a hijack if a chap of Middle Eastern appearance with a plastic knife in his hand was sweating profusely in the next seat to you on a plane flying over the USA.

Ignore me if you don't like it and read the posts you do like.

really??? last season the club stated it was promotion...year before minimum playoffs.....this year mr penny urges caution in getting carried away by the emotion of it all,and doesnt want to heap unecessary pressure on a much younger squad,by stating were going up or im not a manager so to speak.

how is this the same as what we have been used to..

privately every manager would be hoping for promotion every season,but there is no point stating this publically for fear of if we lost our opening 3 games he would get everybody on his back saying same old oldham...

so tell me what thats got to do with your incessant 15 year analogy of failure.

I'd have thought we were making more of a go of it if we'd signed that left back from Wolves to a permanent deal, what was his name again?

LL; maybe i'm in a minority here but Jonesy wasn't actually that good of a LB in my opinion. We've signed a better one in Joe Jacobsen IMO; better defender all round. I want my full backs to be able to defend; something that DJ couldn't do. Going forward; yeah he was not too shabby; but as an outright LB; nah - not having it i'm afraid; it would have been a massive waste of funds to bring him here.

LL; maybe i'm in a minority here but Jonesy wasn't actually that good of a LB in my opinion. We've signed a better one in Joe Jacobsen IMO; better defender all round. I want my full backs to be able to defend; something that DJ couldn't do. Going forward; yeah he was not too shabby; but as an outright LB; nah - not having it i'm afraid; it would have been a massive waste of funds to bring him here.

I thought he was at least a communicator in a back 5 lacking in enough talking heads. For the same reason of course I'd like to see Will Haining back too - nothing to do with the fact that his girlfriend is better than most!

I thought he was at least a communicator in a back 5 lacking in enough talking heads. For the same reason of course I'd like to see Will Haining back too - nothing to do with the fact that his girlfriend is better than most!

if the back line didnt communicate very well,except for greagan blasting all and sundrie for his mistakes...why have we kept the same non talking non communative central two???

think dp has brought in some good players,but defence looks a little like a leaky boat,maybe why penny is saying lets take it easy and get the points on first.

I wish you wouldn't say that. Besides which, I think he's found a job elsewhere.

I’m sorry but I’m with Ed on this; once again a pretty level-headed article from our new manager has a thread started on it; to once again be moved into a same-old same-old ‘club is dying’ htread by CJ………I was wanting to post along the lines of how impressed I’ve been with DP’s handling of the media & the views that he has imparted since his tenure began with us…..instead I have to scroll through 4 pages of the same type of posts that get banded about on seeming every Latics related thread by the same old OWTB members…..it’s getting irksome; and simply saying don’t read them doesn’t cut it – I started reading this thread to pass comment on the article that contains DP’s most recent media comments – not another ’13 years, going nowhere, stagnating, club will be gone soon, the world is nigh’ drivel thread!

If you're another who can't/won't see how the two subjects are related, I can't help that.

There are another few score threads on here in which I don't feature at all. Happy reading.

really??? last season the club stated it was promotion...year before minimum playoffs.....this year mr penny urges caution in getting carried away by the emotion of it all,and doesnt want to heap unecessary pressure on a much younger squad,by stating were going up or im not a manager so to speak.

how is this the same as what we have been used to..

privately every manager would be hoping for promotion every season,but there is no point stating this publically for fear of if we lost our opening 3 games he would get everybody on his back saying same old oldham...

so tell me what thats got to do with your incessant 15 year analogy of failure.

Didn't I say that this type of caution is what we've been hearing for most of the last fifteen years or so? I didn't say all of the last fifteen years.

Good luck in trying to second guess the manager's real thoughts.

I have to admit to not being arsed to sign in and read the board much over the last week or so, so when I did and saw this thread I thought "ah - a football related topic, and 5 pages too. This could be interesting........."

.................and then I got to post #15 and instantly realised why it had made 5 pages.

Signing off again now. Might return after Saturdays game to see whether anyone is actually talking about the match.

I have to admit to not being arsed to sign in and read the board much over the last week or so, so when I did and saw this thread I thought "ah - a football related topic, and 5 pages too. This could be interesting........."

.................and then I got to post #15 and instantly realised why it had made 5 pages.

Signing off again now. Might return after Saturdays game to see whether anyone is actually talking about the match.

Post 18 has a lot to answer for as well :unsure: