Byfield signs sms

By the way I don't live on this site! I'm multi-tasking, writing sky sports blogs and putting together another chapter for my book, I just happen to be online and have my phone next to me!

Cool what blogs do you write.

Im not a fan but Im willing to give him a chance.

Cool what blogs do you write.

Im not a fan but Im willing to give him a chance.

First one should be up soon, if Sky get their act together, they've picked me as their Latics Fanzone expert. They wanted one for each of the 72 FL teams so the idea is initially a write up on pre-season and how I think we will do, then regular updates throughout the season and if need be commenting on any major breaking news relating to the club. (How good would that have been last season!) When it's up I'll post a link!

I like the fact its short term prove your worth or your out of here. Surely cant complain at that as it proves Byfield willing to prove it too. Nothing to lose have we?

I like the idea of providing proven competition to Pav and KP and if we throw into the mix Pav's injury susceptibility and the fact C O'G doesn't exactly instil goalscoring confidence and Lewi is on his bike - it's a good move! And as said if it doesn't work out he's only on a short-term deal. Once bitten, twice shy eg Windyarse!

Not that many will agree but think its a good signing to provide competition. Think he will prove to be better than COG and Alessandra if given the chance.

I think more rate Byfield than you think... its just the more vocal people who think he's tosh. Did ok in a team that was in freefall. Quitle looking forward to seeing him play with a bit more confidence and fitness.

Much rather have him on the bench than Jigsaw or O'Grady. Happy with this at least for the short term...

definatley better than COG and Lewi, if he proves his worth then I can see the contract being extended. Don't see him as a starter (at least not yet). Could Parker play wide right for us to enable him to partner Abbott?

I think more rate Byfield than you think... its just the more vocal people who think he's tosh. Did ok in a team that was in freefall. Quitle looking forward to seeing him play with a bit more confidence and fitness.

Much rather have him on the bench than Jigsaw or O'Grady. Happy with this at least for the short term...

He looked very good against the Boro defence, the Blackpool game was difficult in the fact he was brought on in a friendly at a time bothe sides were making multiple subs. A good option to have and he'll have to do the biz to get a longer deal. Over to you DB...

I agree.

as has been widely discussed on here already - won 4, drew 4 with him in the side.

he's never gonna score 20 a season but keeps the ball and plays others in very well.

a no brainer on a short term contract. if he earns a longer one everyone's a winner. :grin: