Report...for what its worth

Was the handball/penalty shout at the Chaddy end as nailed on as it looked?

Plus wtf happened with Furmans 'goal'? I'm convinced a few in the RRE went away believing we'd won 1-0.

E4e

DUNNO

I'm sure Furman wheeled away celebrating too!

I reckon that the referee would have given the penalty had their right back not been down on the ground "injured."

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked us on satursay but it still too early to get optimistic,

in the past i saw how many shots we had on target (even though we didnt score) and thought it was fantastic, we might not have scored but i thought maybe it was just an unlucky day,

but a problem that haunted us in the past was us having 18 shots on target and possibly 1 goal and the opposition having 2 shots on target and 2 goals, and i just got some niggly feeling about it happening again

I enjoyed the 2nd half against stockport but im sort of in limbo land at the mo with the squad, I want us to do the simple things well, im not trying to be negative but seems to me that we do the complex stuff well but need to catch up a bit with the simple stuff (I think were not too far behind hence why im not that worried)

I'd say you held us comfortably for 70 mins - slightly different to 'matched', understandably you came for a point and maybe with the hope of nicking it.

Then, as you say, it kind of fell apart towards the end, but with a little luck and an awesome display by Fon Williams you held on.

Seems Ablett has got you well organised, and has done his best to find a formation that protects the lack of experience in the squad. If you can keep hold of the likes of Fon Williams and Oli Johnson - and hopefully be able to add a couple of new faces - you have something to build on and could well surprise all the pundits who have you nailed on for 24th place.

I honestly didn't begrudge you the point by the end. We huffed and puffed, but you did enough to hold on.

By the way, at the end I'm not sure Fon Williams was booked for time wasting so much as to stop him lamping your number 3! :lol:

I thought we certainly matched you for that first 60-70 mins. We played as much decent football as you and created about as much as you (one chance each by that stage I think). Thereafter, yes, held on. Just.

Tbh I was content with the result on Saturday, new team, still gelling, played against a team who have more experience playing together, lets face it Stockport aren't going to get much better, IMO, there are a few points DP can take from this:

1: Had we have won then it would have been a good start to the season, but risks having the team getting complacent with the way they played on Saturday.

2: Had we lost then the boo boys may have been heard at the end.

3: For me a draw was an acceptable outcome (don't want too many) as DP can bring the finer points out where they need on and just generally polish up on.

Btw I had my heart in my mouth a few times when Brill came for the catch.....plenty more crosses for DB in traing please DP. Ty