Millwall

northeast

not the best ground to be walking up on your tod..

My first visit. The pal who's putting me up is a Millwall fan and I've managed to coax another lad into coming too. Safety in numbers. Is it THAT bad there these days?

We're landing around 2ish at Paddington. Coming via Reading because I get free travel on CrossCountry trains. So we'll be starting there and prob working our way across London towards Borough/London Bridge area to meet the said Millwall fan (he works near Victoria somewhere). If anyone fancies it, PM me over the weekend.

My first visit. The pal who's putting me up is a Millwall fan and I've managed to coax another lad into coming too. Safety in numbers. Is it THAT bad there these days?

We're landing around 2ish at Paddington. Coming via Reading because I get free travel on CrossCountry trains. So we'll be starting there and prob working our way across London towards Borough/London Bridge area to meet the said Millwall fan (he works near Victoria somewhere). If anyone fancies it, PM me over the weekend.

its nowhere near as bad as the old ground use to be... :blink:

I'll keep an eye on here, away all weekend so I'll tune in on Monday to see what the roll call is looking like.. B)

Apart from the standard policy of looking out of the window and not speaking on the train back after winning there it’s not a big deal really. Always a certain element of tension on the platform but in truth there are loads of coppers around and cameras everywhere, it’s more about them enjoying knowing that they are making you a triffle uneasy than that you are actually going to get kicked in. Let’s face it, they are NEVER going to be more pissed off at us than they were after Hughes destroyed them and we got out alive from that one... Pubs round Borough High Steet and the short train journey down are definitely the way to go, I will be travelling in to go back out again rather than potentially joining the trains or underground bringing them in from the outlying chav towns in Kent where they all live now.

It's looking like I will be in Telford with work. Pain in the arse living in London and not being in London for a game that would literally take 8 mins to get to from work :(

Pain in the arse spending a week in Telford I'd imagine. Don't forget to count your fingers and toes before you go back :wink:

its nowhere near as bad as the old ground use to be... :blink:

I'll keep an eye on here, away all weekend so I'll tune in on Monday to see what the roll call is looking like.. B)

just found out I've got my redundancy appeal hearing 9am wednesday morning, so won't be attending tomorrow evening.. :angry:

Apart from the standard policy of looking out of the window and not speaking on the train back after winning there it’s not a big deal really. Always a certain element of tension on the platform but in truth there are loads of coppers around and cameras everywhere, it’s more about them enjoying knowing that they are making you a triffle uneasy than that you are actually going to get kicked in. Let’s face it, they are NEVER going to be more pissed off at us than they were after Hughes destroyed them and we got out alive from that one... Pubs round Borough High Steet and the short train journey down are definitely the way to go, I will be travelling in to go back out again rather than potentially joining the trains or underground bringing them in from the outlying chav towns in Kent where they all live now.

I'm suggesting the Southwark Tavern on Borough High Steet/Southwark Street as a potential meeting venue. I'm there straight after work.

Just dont say you support Gillingham when a load of Millwall ask you "who you support" or sing "Oh Lancy Lancy" in the middle of hundreds of them, like a couple of lads I know have in recent years. :grin::lol::lol::lol:

I'm suggesting the Southwark Tavern on Borough High Steet/Southwark Street as a potential meeting venue. I'm there straight after work.

I was in there last month, not a bad pub and will give us a bit of extra time rather than going on down the the George where we’ve ended up the last few times. I have suggested it to the OASIS massive.

I was in there last month, not a bad pub and will give us a bit of extra time rather than going on down the the George where we’ve ended up the last few times. I have suggested it to the OASIS massive.

Tube question -

anyone any idea how long it takes to get from Chesham to London Bridge? That's the nearest tube to where I'm staying.

Hi all,

So Borough High Street then later??

I'm travelling on me tod from Cardiff on the train, arriving London Bridge jus before 6.

...i'll be the one wandering around looking for any other lost Latic Fans!!!! :scarf001: anyone else heading over from South Wales??

Tim

Edited by timowtb

Hi all,

So Borough High Street then later??

I'm travelling on me tod from Cardiff on the train, arriving London Bridge jus before 6.

...i'll be the one wandering around looking for any other lost Latic Fans!!!! anyone else heading over from South Wales??

Tim

The George is strictly for the tourists, pricey and comparatively difficult to find.

Southwark Tavern has a good selection of beers, etc. and a large outdoor area where we can sun ourselves before the impending trip to sullen South Bermondsey.