Goal Line Technology

Latics_Fanatic

Goal Line Technology  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Should It Be Brought In ?

• Yes
    • No

No you would only need one at each end, on the side opposite to the other Assistant.

One each side if as mentioned "but what about an official next to each goal?"

With 4 linesmen I can see problems with split decisions i.e. offsides, one flags the other doesn't. 4 linesmen is still not going to guarantee 100% accuracy regarding has it crossed the line or not.

Why replace a flawed process with another potentially flawed process that is more complicated. If it’s not 100% it’s no better than what we already have.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aye but the thing is if its an important decision and conflicting reports between linesman and official next to goal, the ref just speaks to both, and i would trust the one behind the goal because he will just be watching incidents in and around the box, whereas the other linesman can watch for offsides etc.

Until TV replays show that the official behind the goal has got it wrong, (they will eventually they are human) and we are back to square one.

There are only 4 Assistants, and it IS being trialled at the moment (i'll have a search and find out where), Nothing much will change, the two assistants on the touchlines will not change their responsibility, the two assistants on the goal line will monitor ball crossing the line, ball in/out of play on the side opposite the touch line assistant, and any other infringments in and around HIS side of the the box.

I think its a good idea and i cannot see why it wouldn't work.

To be fair though, anything that goes wrong for Neil Warnock is a blessing. The bloke is the most obnoxious person in the media outside of the axis of evil that is Clarkson and Piers Morgan.

Surely with these; they are aggravating and I'd be spewing if it happened to us, but the result is no different in any way to a goal ruled out incorrectly for off-side - which happens far more frequently.

The fact that the ball crossed the line is immaterial, but makes it seem more straight-forward. All that is at issue is that a team has scored and it hasn't registered - really not any different to a player being wrongly flagged, or having a dodgy foul given against him. Likewise, it is the opposite of (but no worse than) when someone actually scores and it shouldn't have been allowed - by dodgy pen or a foul in the build-up etc etc.

Footy has got dozens of injustices just waiting to pounce on any team at any time and Warnock is just a spoilt child who hasn't got the manners or grace that he was born with. It happened to Southampton at the Dell when Hughes hit the hoardings around the pitch through the net and it bounced back in, but I don't recall anyone calling for capital punishment and mass dismissals then.

Warnock - what a dick. These happen about once every decade so why waste the money for goal-line technology? If a team gets relegated it is because they have been guff all year and not because they suffered one injustice.

Edited by De_La_Vega