112 members have voted

1. 1. Should It Be Brought In ?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the incident on saturday during the Crystal Palace match i thought i'd get everyones opinions on this.

Simple Monday morning question Yes or No ?

with the money involved these days, its got to be done.

1 point could be the difference between millions or administration

But how could you place a financial value on the look on Colin's face?

:grin: fair enough :grin:

but if that was to happen in a big money final involving massive european clubs

or the latter stages of a world cup finals in front of millions , fifa would pass it straight away.

dont you think?.......it will happen sooner rather than later IMO

Whilst I'm all in favour of goal line technology being used I can certainly understand FIFA's point of view. Goal line technology is useful for clear cut decisions such as the one on Saturday with Colin (although you didn't actually need goal line technology for that just someone who is able to watch it on a monitor its that claringly obvious). However how many times do you see something in one of those sports that uses video evidence which isn't conclusive either way. There is no point having a system which is not 99.9% accurate- as the odds of something affecting a major game are almost as high.

Plus at what level should it be brought in as one point at our level can mean the difference between a lot of things but one/two points in the Premiership may not matter (of course it may matter a lot). The same with internationals- does it really matter about England's results in a friendly. Also you've got to work out where such technology can be bought in- as having watched football in a stadium which hosts international games- but makes BP look like Wembley I can tell you there is no way at the moment such things could be used in places like Malawi but it isn't that hard to find someone to stand and look at a line.

I am in favour of it though- but I think Fifa should work out some key guidelines for it which are as fair as possible. Personally some more honesty from players would be a much better start- instead of just suspending the officials from Saturday with Colin- start asking questions why the Bristol City players didn't say something/ or let Palace score when it was obvious the ref hadn't give it.

Tsk, theres a poll for everything nowadays... :wink:

It's alright talking about Goal Line Technology as a catch all phrase but only when they have something that is 100% foolproof should it be brought in. So cameras etc are a not going to work. It won't work it if means stop starting the game, so no Hawkeye. It needs to be instantaneous with just a beep in the refs hear.

After the incident on saturday during the Crystal Palace match i thought i'd get everyones opinions on this.

Simple Monday morning question Yes or No ?

The incident on Saturday didn't need goal line technology. It was a goal, clear as day. If the ref and the lino can't see that they they shouldn't be out in the middle. Hopefully they will never officiate again.

The incident on Saturday didn't need goal line technology. It was a goal, clear as day. If the ref and the lino can't see that they they shouldn't be out in the middle. Hopefully they will never officiate again.

Why?

I voted no, well no at the moment anyway. I'm in favour of the trial of the extra two Assistants, one on each goal line. FIFA should give this some serious time, before even thinking about 'technology'.

Two extra assistants are still not going to work 100%. What happens when the view of the ball is obstructed by the players etc? Someone has already said the incident at the weekend should have been seen by at least one of the officials but what happens when it's not so blindingly obvious.

Two extra assistants are still not going to work 100%. What happens when the view of the ball is obstructed by the players etc? Someone has already said the incident at the weekend should have been seen by at least one of the officials but what happens when it's not so blindingly obvious.

It's not a goal then, is it?

Benefit of any doubt to the defending team.

Edited by opinions4u

It seems somebody has had talksport on. Today's conversation reminded me why I rarely listen to it these days.

This goal-line debate does my head in, it's part of the game and that's that. The issue only ever comes to the fore every other month or so.......so that's maybe 1 in 500 games that the technology would actually be used? During the course of these 500 games there will be countless other incorrect refereeing decisions which influence results.

with the money involved these days, its got to be done.

1 point could be the difference between millions or administration

Disagree. To me the issue to be addressed is the one where by 1 point can cost or gain you millions.

it's inevitable that some sort of clarificatation will be brought in, it has to. having 2 more assistants wont work as an incident like this only ever happens every few games. i think if the fourth official is given the power to look at a monitor for all decisions and tell the referee, that will be fine. football wont be anything without controversy and this is a simple solution to stop awful decisions like those on saturday from happening. it doesnt have to be goal line decisions but offsides, red & yellow cards, penalties etc.

It's not a goal then, is it?

Benefit of any doubt to the defending team.

But it is a goal if it crosses the line! The fact that you can't see if it has crossed or not is not the point.

having 2 more assistants wont work as an incident like this only ever happens every few games.

i think if the fourth official is given the power to look at a monitor for all decisions and tell the referee, that will be fine.football wont be anything without controversy and this is a simple solution to stop awful decisions like those on saturday from happening. it doesnt have to be goal line decisions but offsides, red & yellow cards, penalties etc.

The trial of the two extra assistants isn't just to do with the goalmouth. Its an extra pair of eyes around the box, its someone there on the opposite side of the goal to the linesman, for more accurate ball in/out of play and a host of other things.

There will never be video evidence used by another official during the match. The point about refereeing is that its an 'opinion', and to throw someone elses opinion into a decision will not make it right.

TV replays are far from conclusive anyway. Numerous decisions or none-decisions are still often open to endless debate or there wouldn’t be an army of highly annoying pundits out there. Leave well alone I say. Referees make mistakes the same as players and managers do, it’s just part of life’s rich tapestry.

TV replays are far from conclusive anyway. Numerous decisions or none-decisions are still often open to endless debate or there wouldn’t be an army of highly annoying pundits out there. Leave well alone I say. Referees make mistakes the same as players and managers do, it’s just part of life’s rich tapestry.

Amen to that!!!

Why?

If they can't see something so glaringly obvious, and important, as the ball hitting the back of the net then 1.) they don't deserve to officiate football matches, and 2) how can any fan/player/manager have any respect for them.

Most decisions in football are a matter of opinion/interpretation. The only decision in football that isn't is whether or not the ball has crossed the line. When it's so bleeding obvious, then there is no excuse at all for not giving the goal.

Slightly off-piste with this comment, but how far out of line was Warnock with his comments after the game? What a tool...

Considering that Yeovil are the only team that I have ever seen allow the opposition to walk up the pitch and score to equalise a game, it is highly ironic that Johnson's the man now being labled a cheat and a bad sport.

Also, is it just me or are these unfeasible gigantiforously horrific incidents that require the whole footballing world's attention and the reinventing of the wheel more common these days? And is it just me or do they only ever happen to Warnock's sides? And, crazy as it sounds, could there be a positive link with this exponential increase, their prediliction for affecting Warnock's clubs, and the arch-nob's appearance as a newspaper columnist?

What a bell-end he is, I wish he could be muzzled.

Edited by De_La_Vega

Slightly off-piste with this comment, but how far out of line was Warnock with his comments after the game? What a tool...

Considering that Yeovil are the only team that I have ever seen allow the opposition to walk up the pitch and score to equalise a game, it is highly ironic that Johnson's the man now being labled a cheat and a bad sport.

Also, is it just me or are these unfeasible gigantiforously horrific incidents that require the whole footballing world's attention and the reinventing of the wheel more common these days? And is it just me or do they only ever happen to Warnock's sides? And, crazy as it sounds, could there be a positive link with this exponential increase, their prediliction for affecting Warnock's clubs, and the arch-nob's appearance as a newspaper columnist?

What a bell-end he is, I wish he could be muzzled.

So tell us, what do you think of Neil Warnock? I think he's a top bloke, do you agree? :wink:

The system with the microchip inserting in the ball was good, when the ball crossed the line fully it would put a message onto the ref's watch saying goal. it showed them testing it out & how the ball definately crossed the line beofre the signal came up.