poor crowd today

people are on holidays and yes we havent started all guns blazing, we'll have to be in the top 6 and playing well to get a decent 6+ crowd which is sad.

The fans and people of oldham have just become tired of the same league and hope that then turns to crap seasons since we got relegated from div 1 in 1997, the willingness and care for the team has just wilted.

Havent been so far this season. Just realised we played today and checked the score. My interest in all things Latics has never been lower. I think its football in general I have had enough off more than anything to do with latics in particular.

Its all a million miles away from the sport I fell in love with all those years ago.

Edited by oafc0000

Poor team... poor signings...poor performances = poor crowd!! For this first season since i can remember i cant be a**ed going to games, the prospect of going to BP bores me! I may get slated for this but thats my honest answer and also i feel other fans will say the same!

Poor team... poor signings...poor performances = poor crowd!! For this first season since i can remember i cant be a**ed going to games, the prospect of going to BP bores me! I may get slated for this but thats my honest answer and also i feel other fans will say the same!

catch 99 no crowds no money...no money no players...no players no crowds...no crowds no money ...no money no players..no players no crowds...

:grin:

people are on holidays and yes we havent started all guns blazing, we'll have to be in the top 6 and playing well to get a decent 6+ crowd which is sad.

The fans and people of oldham have just become tired of the same league and hope that then turns to crap seasons since we got relegated from div 1 in 1997, the willingness and care for the team has just wilted.

do you think the reason is people are on holiday yeah?

no chance - we had :censored: crowds when we were top of the league!

its just Oldham in general, and by moving to Failsworth everythings going to be allright apparently

Havent been so far this season. Just realised we played today and checked the score. My interest in all things Latics has never been lower. I think its football in general I have had enough off more than anything to do with latics in particular.

Its all a million miles away from the sport I fell in love with all those years ago.

Seriously, not a dig at you OAFC0000, but this backs up a point that I have made many times, that the views expressed on OWTB are generally not representative of the hardcore OAFC fanbase, and can sometimes be quite the opposite. Over 4000 posts, and not been to any of the home games so far.

As for falling out of love with the game, yes, its a million miles away from the likes of Bunn, Ritchie etc., but its better than the alternative, i.e. cheering on a bunch of millionaire tossers.

Edited by slurms mckenzie

Seriously, not a dig at you OAFC0000, but this backs up a point that I have made many times, that the views expressed on OWTB are generally not representative of the hardcore OAFC fanbase, and can sometimes be quite the opposite. Over 4000 posts, and not been to any of the home games so far.

As for falling out of love with the game, yes, its a million miles away from the likes of Bunn, Ritchie etc., but its better than the alternative, i.e. cheering on a bunch of millionaire tossers.

Your kind of referring to me as not being part of the OAFC "hardcore" fan base. I will let you make your own mind up on that as in my eyes a fan is a fan but I have been going every season since 1988 (8 years old). This is the first season when I am thinking I dont know what will be my first game.

Its not about Bunn / Ritchie and the glory years... Its about going watching something that is about sport and passion and not about money, greed and dear I say it, wholesome family fun. Even in League One the amount the players earn compared to how much the clubs bring in is stupid. They are asking £20 a match of third tier football. Its a joke. You cant stand, you cant swear, you cant do :censored:. You have to sit there, eat your popcorn and support your local PLC, even at BP its all changed. Its all different and its very dead. And it wont / cant survive going forward.

I dont want hooligans kicking :censored: out of each other like in the 80s etc but neither do I want to sit there in sterile, dull atmosphere, watching over paid players who have no passion for the badge, paying £20 for the privilege. It is literally awful attending a latics game. Its a million miles away from what got me going in the first place. Used to be fun.

I think you will find that a lot of the "hardcore" are going to become "softcore" as the years roll on.

For what it is worth I do think that this site does represent the general mood amongst fans. It has around a 1,000 members for a start. Considering there was 4,000 there yesterday I think it is repersentative.

I will no doubt get to a game at some point but at the moment I really can think of much better things to do.

The comparison you offer is funny. The cancer comes from the top (aka united) and effects us down below. To think it isnt linked is short sighted.

Edited by oafc0000

Your kind of referring to me as not being part of the OAFC "hardcore" fan base. I will let you make your own mind up on that as in my eyes a fan is a fan but I have been going every season since 1988 (8 years old). This is the first season when I am thinking I dont know what will be my first game.

Its not about Bunn / Ritchie and the glory years... Its about going watching something that is about sport and passion and not about money, greed and dear I say it, wholesome family fun. Even in League One the amount the players earn compared to how much the clubs bring in is stupid. They are asking £20 a match of third tier football. Its a joke. You cant stand, you cant swear, you cant do :censored:. You have to sit there, eat your popcorn and support your local PLC, even at BP its all changed. Its all different and its very dead. And it wont / cant survive going forward.

I dont want hooligans kicking :censored: out of each other like in the 80s etc but neither do I want to sit there in sterile, dull atmosphere, watching over paid players who have no passion for the badge, paying £20 for the privilege. It is literally awful attending a latics game. Its a million miles away from what got me going in the first place. Used to be fun.

I think you will find that a lot of the "hardcore" are going to become "softcore" as the years roll on.

For what it is worth I do think that this site does represent the general mood amongst fans. It has around a 1,000 members for a start. Considering there was 4,000 there yesterday I think it is repersentative.

I will no doubt get to a game at some point but at the moment I really can think of much better things to do.

The comparison you offer is funny. The cancer comes from the top (aka united) and effects us down below. To think it isnt linked is short sighted.

It is about greed and money. If we had some money to buy talented, greedy players, the big crowds would come. As we don't and can't, they won't. This is the story all over Europe.

Society in general isn't interested in honest but limited players who work hard for relatively little money. They want glitzy footballers and the vicarious pleasure of supporting a successful team. When the professional game at this level collapses and clubs like Latics end up going part -time, we'll be playing in front of 1500, if that.

It is about greed and money. If we had some money to buy talented, greedy players, the big crowds would come. As we don't and can't, they won't. This is the story all over Europe.

Society in general isn't interested in honest but limited players who work hard for relatively little money. They want glitzy footballers and the vicarious pleasure of supporting a successful team. When the professional game at this level collapses and clubs like Latics end up going part -time, we'll be playing in front of 1500, if that.

So a 12,000 capacity stadium will provide plenty of scope for ambitious expansion.

So a 12,000 capacity stadium will provide plenty of scope for ambitious expansion.

Unless it's accompanied by some ambition to get out of this division and stay out of it, it will be a soulless white elephant. The remaining 1000 or so hardcore fans who will be there in 2019 will love it. That's if it actually gets built.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

Another reason for the cynicism, apart from all the broken promises and false dawns Latics fans have had to endure, is that this is yet another new playing squad. Most of us don't know these players. We don't identify with most of them. How many more new faces will come and go in the space of a few weeks over the course of the season?

That this is what lower division football is like now is another symptom of its terminal decline.

So true. I used to enjoy going to the football, it did used to be fun. Where I sat/stood in the Chaddy we used to try and get behind the team through thick and thin. Nowadays the only singing seems directed at the away fans and unless we win the team gets booed off the pitch. The negativity from our own fans is one of the reasons I am starting to not enjoy going anymore. Sadly I cannot see this changing.

£20 to watch Oldham v Swindon.

Not exactly value for money and if I didnt have a season ticket, then I doubt i'd of stumped up that rather than stay in the pub. Which quite frankly is the only reason alot of the lads I go to games with actually turn up. Latics is more of a social thing.

Not willing to give the season much of a chance to get going then?

Poor signings? I agree! How are we ever supposed to compete with Real Madrid if we're not willing to spend £80 million on a player!!

sunny day and less than 4000 latics fans there. our fans need convincing. 0ne win, 2 draws and 2 losses dont exactly set the right standard. 2nd loss was carlisle by the way. who lost at home to exeter today. :angry:

just seen the pics on the main site and the rocky road end looks terrible. loads of empty seats. looks about 60% empty. :disappointed:

That's a silly thing to say, when you consider that other clubs at this level do manage to assemble squads capable of getting them out of it.

Thats one thing where I will agree with you Corp

going back up to about 5 years, teams sucjh as Luton,Colchester, Southend have won automatic promotion from this league on budgets comparable to ours, with other teams like yeovil and carlisle managing to make the playoffs.

It can be done, it has been done and will be done again.

Thats one thing where I will agree with you Corp

going back up to about 5 years, teams sucjh as Luton,Colchester, Southend have won automatic promotion from this league on budgets comparable to ours, with other teams like yeovil and carlisle managing to make the playoffs.

It can be done, it has been done and will be done again.

All this 'we can't compete with suchaclub and suchaclub, we aren't Real Madrid,' stuff seems to be the default position of the dwindling numbers who are (yawn) 'keeping the faith.' It's all part and parcel of the attitude that the club has to be third or fourth rate in every respect and nothing can ever be done about it.