why was furman left out

Taylor has a groin injury. Can play through it but sooner or later an operation will be likely (if there is the chance of a sale then the club won't want to pay for an op until the transfer window closes).

Smalley's back injury could mean a 4 month lay off as well (so he told my son).

Furman? No idea why he was left out. We were doing okay until he came on though :wink: .

Edited by opinions4u

Taylor has a groin injury. Can play through it but sooner or later an operation will be likely (if there is the chance of a sale then the club won't want to pay for an op until the transfer window closes).

Smalley's back injury could mean a 4 month lay off as well (so he told my son).

Furman? No idea why he was left out. We were doing okay until he came on though :wink: .

your blaming furman because hazzell cant play football

Whilst I was surprised to see Furman dropped, it was the first time I'd seen :censored: play in CM (had he played there at Orient and Millwall?) and I thought he was MOM.

Seconded. :censored: MOM for me. If anyone needs dropping though it's Taylor. Doesn't look like he fancies it.

E4e

BONED

There was a very strong rumour last season that Shez wouldn't let Taylor have an op on his groin until he knew he wasn't being sold at Christmas wasn't there? Is this a re-hashed story, or was he left to go off on holiday without the surgery needed? Or is it a load of :censored:?

There was a very strong rumour last season that Shez wouldn't let Taylor have an op on his groin until he knew he wasn't being sold at Christmas wasn't there? Is this a re-hashed story, or was he left to go off on holiday without the surgery needed? Or is it a load of :censored:?

The groin injury: That came from Chris Taylor himself, and he apparently had a scan on it yesterday afternoon.

The operation: That was a leap of faith from me about how some players play through the pain barrier but eventually (Lee Hughes, if I recall correctly) need an operation to correct things.

Edited by opinions4u

Taylor was really obviously struggling in the second half, he was doubled over every time the ball went out of play, should have been brought off at least 20 minutes earlier than he was. Still never stopped running though. Can't believe some of the stick he got - it's a bit unreasonable to expect him to have the pace of Usain Bolt and skin 2 defenders when he's clearly injured.

The little :wink: was my subtle clue.

It looked that way to me, but the subtlety was obviously an emoticon too far for some hysterical Yonners!

As for :censored: - good game and a great engine. Dangerously similar to last season though in that our centre-mids today were a bit too similar, despite neither playing badly. :censored:'s not a play-maker and (as has been discussed elsewhere) we looked a little toothless without fit / firing wingers for the workers to cycle the ball out to.

MOM has to have been Abbott - oozed quality.

It looked that way to me, but the subtlety was obviously an emoticon too far for some hysterical Yonners!

As for :censored: - good game and a great engine. Dangerously similar to last season though in that our centre-mids today were a bit too similar, despite neither playing badly. :censored:'s not a play-maker and (as has been discussed elsewhere) we looked a little toothless without fit / firing wingers for the workers to cycle the ball out to.

MOM has to have been Abbott - oozed quality.

Just a shame he then has to run through his own ooze. I like him a lot, shame we didn't have him last season, looks like he could do with a regular partner upfront so that they can form a partnership.

We could have been 3 up at the break today if Blackman had connected with Taylor's cross, Parker had put his chance in or Taylor had put his away. Early doors yet and plenty of time for the team to come together.

From the commentary we played very well without Furman so I have no complaints if this was the case.

In fact didn't we concede two when he came on? Not that he was responsible but I'm just saying if it was our chance conversation (or lack of) why we didn't score more; then it's not Furman's exclusion why we lost.

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies