Celtic Outclassed

Celtic now would be mid table Championship I think.The Celtic of 4 years ago would have been comfortable in the Premiership but the arse has fallen out of the finances of Scottish game. Remember that Premiership clubs get the majority of their income from the TV, and Celtic get the majority from their fans. Celtic could very easily be a major force in the Premiership, and the added exposure would boost them hugely worldwide, where they have more to gain than most. Not sure I like the idea myself, not until the national leagues break down at the top level anyway.

Remember that Premiership clubs get the majority of their income from the TV,

Now that is the main point. IF Rangers and Celtic were to join the 'ship they would secure £40M a year and on top of that take in much more than your Wigwams/Noblots/etc*. They would without a doubt stay up. In my view they would then become continually one of the top ten. They would probably challenge to be a top four side. The problem with Scottish teams is they suffer by being do insular. I'd love it to join together (from the point of view as a Hearts fan), except for the obvious travel problems. Hearts/Aberdeen/Dundee United would be Chumpionship sides in the longrun. It'd maybe :censored: up Oldham though. So maybe I wouldn't.

NB. I still think Eduardo is great, but he's a reet cheetin :censored:. But he made Zagreb a fortune so isn't all bad.

Edited by OldhamSheridan

Celtic may have been outclassed by Arsenal but lots of teams will be outclassed by Arsenal- Everton (who will probably still finish top 10) got hammered worse in 1 game at home than Celtic did over 2 legs. There are more than a few nations where even the likes of Notlob and Wigwam would be odds on favourite to win the title (and hence qualify for the Champions League Prelims), the Premiership is just that much better than a lot of European leagues. (The Championship is perhaps better than some who have byes for the winners until this stage). The Champions League and Champions League II (or whatever they call the Uefa cup) will only make this worse. This is because the amount of money a club makes for getting into either of these competitions, obvioulsy the Champions League makes even more, outclasses the amount of money the other clubs have at their disposal in the domestic league. Hence in a few years one club can turn a fairly competitive league into a one-horse race just by qualifying for the big European competitions. At the moment money talks more than common sense does in football and until Uefa realise that stadiums filled with execs make :censored: :censored: atmospheres and people turn off their TVs as a result the process will continue. I wouldn't mind betting in 5 years time the Champions League will start around May and it will feature at least the top 5 from England and Spain.

Sellick now whinging to Uefa about the diving, will they also be mentioning the bottle throwing incidents at both legs from their fans and also a laser being ponted at Eduardo as he was about to take the penalty ? I doubt it very much. They can`t except the fact that Arsenal where far superior over the 2 legs and have to resort to the poor victim mentality as they so often do.

Sellick now whinging to Uefa about the diving, will they also be mentioning the bottle throwing incidents at both legs from their fans and also a laser being ponted at Eduardo as he was about to take the penalty ? I doubt it very much. They can`t except the fact that Arsenal where far superior over the 2 legs and have to resort to the poor victim mentality as they so often do.

Actually, it’s the Scottish FA which is calling for action. Mr Mowbray refused to criticise the officials and admitted that Arsenal were the better team. I put it to you that you are talking out of your arse.

Why can`t they just get on with it, I`m sure over the course of the SPL season that they will be rewarded enough dodgy decisions to see them right. Nakamura, Larsson and Petrov were the world champion at diving for penalties, oh sorry you don`t do irony do you ?

And yes the IRA oke was in full swing again for all to see as well as the bottle throwing, scum club, scum fans.

Edited by AndyBlue2

Why can`t they just get on with it, I`m sure over the course of the SPL season that they will be rewarded enough dodgy decisions to see them right. Nakamura, Larsson and Petrov were the world champion at diving for penalties, oh sorry you don`t do irony do you ?

And yes the IRA oke was in full swing again for all to see as well as the bottle throwing, scum club, scum fans.

Not in Manchester last May then?

Well, the Scottish FA and that Donatello.

Not a big deal a defender being pissed off at a blatant dive in a big match is it?

You still seem to be confusing the SFA with Glasgow Celtic football team. Also, can you show me anything to back up your claims about bottles and the use of sinister death-rays?

Regarding your comments about St LArsson, I never noticed him being a diver, I thought he was extremely well respected in the game. But I might have been too busy enjoying watching him smash goal after goal past Rangers to notice.

Arsenal did outclass Celtic but that was to be expected. Both goals at Parkhead were lucky. Gallas deflection could have gone anywhere. Caldwell's sliding tackle into his own net could of done the same. Two strokes of luck that firmly handed the tie into Arsenal's favour.

Last night Celtic did very well up until that penalty. Infact there was a good ten minute spell where they were on top and Arsenal couldnt find their footing. Blatant dive and an utter disgrace. Hopefully the FA take action against him.

Cant fault Arsenal though. Different class. There's only really Boruc and McGeady of similar quality in the Celtic line up IMO.

Money is the key difference. All these people who go on about how poor the Scottish Prem must be. It is poor but when you look at the difference in money - then it's not suprising. The SPL doesnt have the same pull it did in the 90's, when alot of the England side saw themselves making their way to Ibrox to ply there trade.

If Rangers and Celtic had the same amount of money as the English clubs did - then there'd be a few years of consolidating their status and building up a squad. Both clubs are bigger than most Premiership clubs - Bigger fanbase, better stadium, more history.

The fact both of these clubs have been in the Uefa Cup final since the turn of the millenium shows just what they're all about.

As for Andy going on about missiles being thrown - I dont think Rangers are in any position to take the moral high ground about a few bottles being lobbed after their actions in May. I noticed one being lobbed last night after the penalty incident but never heard or saw of one in the Parkhead game. Infact Arsenal and Celtic fans got on with one another. As for the IRA chanting - Yes there was some last night. Infact there was some at one stage when the camera's were clearly panned on the Celtic fans. There is a sizeable following who partake in all that - same as Rangers with there sectarian chanting. Neither club has the clean swept reputation for either to take the moral high ground over one another, so I dont know why you've tried.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

Arsenal did outclass Celtic but that was to be expected. Both goals at Parkhead were lucky. Gallas deflection could have gone anywhere. Caldwell's sliding tackle into his own net could of done the same. Two strokes of luck that firmly handed the tie into Arsenal's favour.

Last night Celtic did very well up until that penalty. Infact there was a good ten minute spell where they were on top and Arsenal couldnt find their footing. Blatant dive and an utter disgrace. Hopefully the FA take action against him.

Cant fault Arsenal though. Different class. There's only really Boruc and McGeady of similar quality in the Celtic line up IMO.

Money is the key difference. All these people who go on about how poor the Scottish Prem must be. It is poor but when you look at the difference in money - then it's not suprising. The SPL doesnt have the same pull it did in the 90's, when alot of the England side saw themselves making their way to Ibrox to ply there trade.

If Rangers and Celtic had the same amount of money as the English clubs did - then there'd be a few years of consolidating their status and building up a squad. Both clubs are bigger than most Premiership clubs - Bigger fanbase, better stadium, more history.

The fact both of these clubs have been in the Uefa Cup final since the turn of the millenium shows just what they're all about.

As for Andy going on about missiles being thrown - I dont think Rangers are in any position to take the moral high ground about a few bottles being lobbed after their actions in May. I noticed one being lobbed last night after the penalty incident but never heard or saw of one in the Parkhead game. Infact Arsenal and Celtic fans got on with one another. As for the IRA chanting - Yes there was some last night. Infact there was some at one stage when the camera's were clearly panned on the Celtic fans. There is a sizeable following who partake in all that - same as Rangers with there sectarian chanting. Neither club has the clean swept reputation for either to take the moral high ground over one another, so I dont know why you've tried.

Rocky there is barely a week goes by when missiles are thrown by their fans, latest victim was a 3 year old lad at the City game hit by a brick outside. Anyway never mind all that guff, the point I was trying to make was that when I tried to watch sky ports news etc to get a balanced view (obviously I`m biased ) all I heard was ranting about the penalty decision and the dive.

I thought C**tic had a few good spells but the overall game was bossed by Arsenal, they won and won well. I didn`t want to watch or listen to the sports reports to just hear just how hard done by they were, totally detracted from the fact that Arsenal taught them a football lesson as they did with Rangers in the Emirates cup.

If you really fancy a good giggle tune in to Real Radio Scotland footy phone in tonight, the place will be in meltdown http://www.realradio-scotland.co.uk/

Rocky there is barely a week goes by when missiles are thrown by their fans, latest victim was a 3 year old lad at the City game hit by a brick outside. Anyway never mind all that guff, the point I was trying to make was that when I tried to watch sky ports news etc to get a balanced view (obviously I`m biased ) all I heard was ranting about the penalty decision and the dive.

I thought C**tic had a few good spells but the overall game was bossed by Arsenal, they won and won well. I didn`t want to watch or listen to the sports reports to just hear just how hard done by they were, totally detracted from the fact that Arsenal taught them a football lesson as they did with Rangers in the Emirates cup.

If you really fancy a good giggle tune in to Real Radio Scotland footy phone in tonight, the place will be in meltdown http://www.realradio-scotland.co.uk/

The dive and penalty was the major talking point of the game though - so obviously SSN's would be discussing it.

Like i've said to a couple of the lads I know who 'support' Arsenal. I dont mind losing against side's like them who play football in the manner they do. Superior team at the end of the day.

I've listened to the phone in's before. It'll just be full of gloating Rangers fans tonight so i'll give it a miss. :grin:

Be interesting to see who Rangers get in the group stages. Celtic will have to wait till tomorrows Europa League draw and there's a fair few decent sides knocking about in that competition too.

Haha.

That's nearly as funny as this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OCn5lfF-Hc

or

Haha

Do you not remember Kevin Thomson's blatant dive in an old firm game, when he tried conning the ref for a penalty. Faked injury. Boruc got booked and he got stretchered off even though there was nothing wrong with him.

That is shocking!

Edited by Rocky_Latic

Haha.

That's nearly as funny as this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OCn5lfF-Hc

or

Haha

Do you not remember Kevin Thomson's blatant dive in an old firm game, when he tried conning the ref for a penalty. Faked injury. Boruc got booked and he got stretchered off even though there was nothing wrong with him.

That is shocking!

Almost as shocking as Chris Taylors dive on Saturday :grin:

Rocky it will be mostly C**tic fans tonight and probably a bit about the CL draw, go on you know you wanna listen :)

Here`s a good one for you :shock:

2ajopio.jpg

I’m surprised the poor sensitive Rangers fans didn’t claim he was doing a Crucifix to upset them :grin:

Nobody minds Boruc doing his impression of the Hokey Cokey. Its the come on lets have ya motion he did immediately afterwards.

Am looking forward to the Champions league draw though, I want to see Rangers get United or Real, I'd fancy the Gers against anyone at home.

Unfortuantely for you Rangers can't get Real as they are in the same pot of seeds (the seedings for which I'm not sure about). Not actually caring all that much about Scottish football I'd quite like to see Rangers do well so avoiding some of the better teams would be great for them- Bordeaux, Sevilla and Nicosia looks like a good group for anyone.