Video: An Oldham-Millwall Story

Well its werid and out of the blue that an american girl supports oldham. I watched the blog on our forum and thought it was great how she travelled half of the world to watch oldham vs millwall and to miss out by 5 minutes on getting a printed worthington shirt :lol: fair play tho to her and hopes she makes our game :grin:

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well its werid and out of the blue that an american girl supports oldham. I watched the blog on our forum and thought it was great how she travelled half of the world to watch oldham vs millwall and to miss out by 5 minutes on getting a printed worthington shirt :lol: fair play tho to her and hopes she makes our game :grin:

Aw, I love you. :blush:

let us know when u have signed up to the forum :wink: I will let you know now that the title of the thread is 'worthy bags a cracker' :grin:

Oh god. I'm scared to open it now. I might just stick to...this thread.

Edited by sarausa

Just to explain for the girls, Huddersfield are from the county of Yorkshire (symbolised by the White Rose), which neighbours Lancashire(symbolised by the Red Rose), home of Oldham. Yorkshire and Lancashire have a fierce rivalry dating back to the War of the Roses in the 15th Century, when the whole country was torn apart by Civil War in the struggle for supremacy between the two Royal houses at the head of the Counties. Peace finally came when the Yorkists were mercilessly crushed underfoot like the dogs that they are in the battle of Bosworth Fields in 1485 in a glut of joyful slaughtering. Yorkshiremen are so embittered about this that to this day smiling is against the law in most parts of the county and the average Yorkshireman walks 17 miles each week trying to find a cash machine (ATM) that gives £5 notes out to guarantee that he doesn’t have enough to buy a round of drinks.

Amber seems to have gone unnoticed in Yorkshire.

Just to explain for the girls, Huddersfield are from the county of Yorkshire (symbolised by the White Rose), which neighbours Lancashire(symbolised by the Red Rose), home of Oldham. Yorkshire and Lancashire have a fierce rivalry dating back to the War of the Roses in the 15th Century, when the whole country was torn apart by Civil War in the struggle for supremacy between the two Royal houses at the head of the Counties. Peace finally came when the Yorkists were mercilessly crushed underfoot like the dogs that they are in the battle of Bosworth Fields in 1485 in a glut of joyful slaughtering. Yorkshiremen are so embittered about this that to this day smiling is against the law in most parts of the county and the average Yorkshireman walks 17 miles each week trying to find a cash machine (ATM) that gives £5 notes out to guarantee that he doesn’t have enough to buy a round of drinks.

:lol:

were not trying to become a town fan or owt just some friendly banter with some oldham fans thats all :wink: Anyway how are all the former huddersfield players getting on?

Yes, thanks for the link! I still haven't read the first couple pages of that thread. Actually, I've never read the first couple pages of this thread either. :blink:

were not trying to make her become a town fan or owt just some friendly banter with some oldham fans thats all :wink: Anyway how are all the former huddersfield players getting on?

I'm joking mate.

Re: players, Jon Worthington has been Ok what we've seen. But thats it. What we've seen. Injured. Keigan Parker has been inconsistent. Holdsworth I've liked.

I'm joking mate.

Re: players, Jon Worthington has been Ok what we've seen. But thats it. What we've seen. Injured. Keigan Parker has been inconsistent. Holdsworth I've liked.

Has worthy got banned yet? :grin: yeah that sounds like keigan but holdsworth is prolly the best out of all the ex town players. Was abit sad to see him go but he can get more 2st team football at oldham. Also how is Abbott doing? He was great for us untill he picked put an injury then went down hill. Could easily get 15+ if he could get back to the best days he had under us.

What a great summary, 600 years in a nutshell. :grin:

How about suitably succint version of Latics history too!

For Sara and Amber,

Can i just add that as well as part of Oldham being in Manchester (ie Failsworth), part of Oldham was in Yorkshire (Saddleworth.) this was as recent as 30 years ago.

Being so recent means anyone who is from SAddleworth before that time is still calssed as a comer-in ( :shock: ) which is true, adn not as rude as it sounds.

There are people that still want to be part of Yorkshire, but that is mainly because Oldham Council is completely :censored:e. Or they were born in Huddersfield. In the past people defended Oldham to the hilt, but once they realise it is council related their defnce wavers somewhat, since they have experienced how bad the council is.

Also Saddlworth props up Oldham Council because of their extortinate Council Tax, and the low value of some housing in parts of Oldham.

I think it fair , therefore to compare Oldham to New York... :grin:

Edited by singe

Has worthy got banned yet? :grin: yeah that sounds like keigan but holdsworth is prolly the best out of all the ex town players. Was abit sad to see him go but he can get more 2st team football at oldham. Also how is Abbott doing? He was great for us untill he picked put an injury then went down hill. Could easily get 15+ if he could get back to the best days he had under us.

Oh yeah I forgot to include Abbott. I like him. Hold up play been good. But he plays too deep.

Abbott looks a great player but it worries me a little that he hasn't scored more goals. I think it's more down to a lack of supply though rather than the player himself as I always feel he can make something from nothing (as I did whenever we played you a few years back). Holdsworth looks fairly average but has won us a couple of pens by getting forward, seems a reasonable signing given his versatility. Parker has taken more stick than has been warranted, he makes some good runs and has won us some dangerous freekicks by pulling wide and spinning past the fullback, but he hasn't made the most of some good chances and sometimes looks a little lethargic in possession (which is odd as like I say his movement is good). Worthy is just very similar to Mark Allott who he has replaced. Great at tackiling (sometimes a little OTT) but his passing is all over the place at times, I preferred Allott in truth.

that's it! excellent.

Say - if I send you a picture of me playing guitar will you send me one of you playing your triangle?

LOL OMG I finally got online... sorry for the delay, (1) the internet at school is crap and (2) im still really sick..

ok so what I wanted to say is that ... I lost the triangle but I would still like a pic of you playing guitar and maybe when I'm better I can make my way in to a bikini for a pic :grin: