What sort of team can we expect tonight ?

I don't understand how a first team player is (officially) defined?

How odd I was just thinking that , is it by appearances ? Or Squad status? e.g. does that Hungarian class as first teamer now he has appeared on the first team bench?

Edited by razza699

Guest sheridans_world
I don't understand how a first team player is (officially) defined?

I imagine there is some over-complicated mathematical forumla.

It must be calculated on percentage of league games X player has played this season plus a weighted percentage of times they have been picked as sub and appeared and a lesser weighted percentage of times they have been picked as sub and not appeared.

If that makes sense.

:grin:

The 11 players that have made the most appearences this season 6 of them have to start. Suppose you could pick 6 rest youth, then change 3 subs in the first minute if you werent ar*ed, wonder what the FA would do then.

You could, the Football League would give you an official warning for taking the piss. If one of your players gets injured, you're stuffed then too.

You could, the Football League would give you an official warning for taking the piss. If one of your players gets injured, you're stuffed then too.

But you wouldn't really be a*sed playing with 10 men, if you wanted to lose anyway. Personally i hope we give it a decent effort, always remember when we played Wrexham in the Northern final and still only like 2200 turned up!!!!

But you wouldn't really be a*sed playing with 10 men, if you wanted to lose anyway. Personally i hope we give it a decent effort, always remember when we played Wrexham in the Northern final and still only like 2200 turned up!!!!

Maybe not but then people are being charged a tenner to get in :wink:

Of the 11 players who have played most for us this season, three are injured (Taylor, Worthy, Parker- if he wasn't well enough to train yesterday he isn't well enough to play) and one has left the club- Gilbert. Do we have to play the 7 that are left? As that really makes that rule stupid.

Strongest team possible please. We need to give someone a hammering, get confidence up and all that. Accy will be going for it, no point in fielding a back up team and going out. Put out a full strength team (injuries permitting of course) and let's get a strong home win and build some confidence.