Smalley out till Christmas

Our right side has missed him so far; one of the things he does well is positional discipline IMO; in that he does stay out wide. We've lacked width down that flank so far, no disrespect intended to Holdsworth or Parker; but their not playing in their natural position when they’ve played there this season.

Hopefully 2 things happen;

Joe C comes straight in & does well in the RW position

Smalley rehabs well & comes back in the New Year to add competition

Edited by slystallone

Our right side has missed him so far; one of the things he does well is positional discipline IMO; in that he does stay out wide. We've lacked width down that flank so far, no disrespect intended to Holdsworth or Parker; but their not playing in their natural position when theyve played there this season.

Hopefully 2 things happen;

Joe C comes straight in & does well in the RW position

Smalley rehabs well & comes back in the New Year to add competition

He may stay out wide but he doesn't do much else.

I find him very annoying (thats Smalley - not SCoco haha). Funny how people see the games differently, Smalley never seemed to know where to stand to me.

That’s both the joy of & the downside of the beautiful game….it’s all about opinions isn’t it?

One man’s duck-egg is another man’s star player…….

What frustrates me is when these ‘duck-egg’ opinions manifest themselves as boo boy moaning at games, to the detriment of the players & atmosphere at BP.

Some people don’t rate Smalley; other like me do – you say tomato, I say…..and all that

I really dont know how were still in the football league TBH as according to some people on here.

Our owners are s**t

Our manager is s**t

and all our players are s**t

No some fans expect Ronaldo on our wing they forget we are a league one club with a low budget

Steady player Smalley, in sqaud terms its a shame hes out

But lets see what Colbeck or Purdie can do on the right

For me, he has been the biggest loss this season. Even in the last 10 games of last season he was amongst one of the only consistent forward players we had. If you asked me whether I would like any of the injured players back tomorrow (including taylor) I would pick Deano... looked a damn sight bigger goal threat than our Ginger Prince for most of last season and is only getting better..... take out the first 10 games and Deane was our best winger last season.

Really though this was Deano's season... and its such a shame he is injured for such a period of time as Colbeck and Purdie now have the chance to make the position thier own. I would also really have had the option of Deane up front, quick and good in the air, and a different option...

A big miss IMO...

For me, he has been the biggest loss this season. Even in the last 10 games of last season he was amongst one of the only consistent forward players we had. If you asked me whether I would like any of the injured players back tomorrow (including taylor) I would pick Deano... looked a damn sight bigger goal threat than our Ginger Prince for most of last season and is only getting better..... take out the first 10 games and Deane was our best winger last season.

Really though this was Deano's season... and its such a shame he is injured for such a period of time as Colbeck and Purdie now have the chance to make the position thier own. I would also really have had the option of Deane up front, quick and good in the air, and a different option...

A big miss IMO...

haha bigger goal threat how many did taylor score compaired to deano???

i like deano and want him back in the team but wouldnt go as far as bigger threat than taylor :grin:

you should go on mock the week... think thats the funniest thing ive heard this year

haha bigger goal threat how many did taylor score compaired to deano???

i like deano and want him back in the team but wouldnt go as far as bigger threat than taylor :grin:

you should go on mock the week... think thats the funniest thing ive heard this year

Learn to read before you type.

I said at the end of the season. I'm sure the facts will back me up. But dont let that stop you.

The taylor we saw at the start of this season and the end of last season.... or the Deane smalley we saw at the end of last? Take your taylor blinkers off - theres only one i'd choose.

Learn to read before you type.

I said at the end of the season. I'm sure the facts will back me up. But dont let that stop you.

The taylor we saw at the start of this season and the end of last season.... or the Deane smalley we saw at the end of last? Take your taylor blinkers off - theres only one i'd choose.

I'm with you on this Alan; the on-fire Smalley at the back end of the season (and flashes too throughout the season; thinking Stockport at home) was one of, the not the most potent attacking threats we had.

Taylor faded really badly, specifically around Xmas & January, and didn’t really recover to the levels he was achieving in August to October.

An on-song Deane Smalley is a massive weapon at our level, I’m not that blinkered to know that sometimes his ‘end-product’ lets him down a tad, but when he’s running at defenders he can be unplayable. His threat from the air can’t be overlooked too; Mark Crossley’s get out of jail ‘punt’ was always to the right looking for Deane to take on the FB in the air; a battle Smalley used to win more often than not.

He’s been missed this season definitely; here’s hoping the Joe C can give us a threat on the right & bring some balance to the side that we’ve been missing due to Deane’s absence.

I like Smalley, can tell hes a talented player. Needs to work on his decision making but that goes for most young players. I think he matured a lot last season and looked like he wanted to be a professional footballer, where others like Alessandra went off the boil. Its a shame he is out, as I thought this season would be where he cemented his place in the first team.