Dean Brill and Greg Fleming

Guest sheridans_world

Guest sheridans_world

Penney dropped a HUGE bollock in letting Fleming go to Scotland, if he isnt back in January, there is something wrong.

That said, well done to all the idiots jeering Brill tonight, as if his confidence wasnt low enough. We are stuck with him and you lot having a go at him isnt going to help the team. I feel so sorry for the lad for the abuse he copped for tonight.

He's the next Neal Eardley, he's copped for the boo boy this season.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Penney dropped a HUGE bollock in letting Fleming go to Scotland, if he isnt back in January, there is something wrong.

That said, well done to all the idiots jeering Brill tonight, as if his confidence wasnt low enough. We are stuck with him and you lot having a go at him isnt going to help the team. I feel so sorry for the lad for the abuse he copped for tonight.

Something wrong if he cant catch a ball tho and then makes a wall and stands behind it

Have to agree - Brill was fecking terrible tonight. Gifted a second goal and was massivly out of position for third only to do the same again 10 mins later. His kicking is woeful and his decision making is the worst i've seen from any goalkeeper ever. By the time he's decided whether to take a quick throw/kick...the ref's about to hurry him up for timewasting!

As for booing and jeering him - i wouldn't do it, but every single member of that crowd must have felt like abusing someone. If you've paid and you choose to then thats your choice.

Edited by Fruitygoo

what do you want them to do pat him on the feckin back,he has got to be the worst keeper i have ever seen at latics,maybe if wasn't so :censored: people wouldn't get on his back,the second goal tonight was just unbelieveable....

You have to question Joe Royles role in this too, he didn't fancy Fleming much either.

Our fans are turning me off this club more than the results.

this club is going the same way as oxford, york and mansfield and chester.

if the failsworth project is stalled in any way the 3 amigos will walk.

You have to question Joe Royles role in this too, he didn't fancy Fleming much either.

Our fans are turning me off this club more than the results.

+1 Senor

Our fans were no better than the team tonight re attitude

Yes the players were crap tonight, in fact they give crap a bad name

But fans screaming at the players calling them f*****g c***s (and this was at 0-0 and 1-0 when we were still in the game) is completely uncalled for.

People go on about "if i did that in my job I would be sacked", put it another way, if someone was screaming at you "you f*****g fat c**t your f*****g s**t at you all the time, lets see it that motivates you"

Guest sheridans_world
never going to happen....

Until January and if it doesnt happen then (or a better keeper than Fleming isnt brought in) then Penney will be out of the job.

Oh and we need a central defender.

I agree Brill was awful,

However having a team who cant defend or score goals in front you doesnt help confidence,

Like SW said jeering him isnt going to help

Its not helped having a different back 4 in front of him in most games..

All that said though a keeper should be able to catch a ball,

Its a shame Fleming isnt here to push him

I said it last week and I will say it now Brill Hazzell and Gregan all know they will play next game no matter what , there is absolutely no competition :angry:

Give young Josh a go

Until January and if it doesnt happen then (or a better keeper than Fleming isnt brought in) then Penney will be out of the job.

Well if thats the case I hope that either

1) Their all on peanuts

2) They have some kind of clause in their contracts

Cos I doubt TTA will fork out another 60k or so to pay em all off

Edited by Lookers_Carl

+1 Senor

Our fans were no better than the team tonight re attitude

Yes the players were crap tonight, in fact they give crap a bad name

But fans screaming at the players calling them f*****g c***s (and this was at 0-0 and 1-0 when we were still in the game) is completely uncalled for.

People go on about "if i did that in my job I would be sacked", put it another way, if someone was screaming at you "you f*****g fat c**t your f*****g s**t at you all the time, lets see it that motivates you"

Me too...it has been the first time ever I have walked out on a game, not because of the footy - okay not great but because of the fans ...Yes...It came to a point after the third goal went in that I ended up ranting and raving myself....not to the pitch but to those fans behind me in the RRE. TO the point where my 5 yr old nephew tugged on my coat and asked why everyone was shouting & he didn't like it - me included as I was still having a discussion with the fans behind me still about the how the negative shouting was going to help, when I realised myself that I was embarrassed to be a latics fan, and now I feel I should not open up my nephews to that sort of abuse either. I have to decide if I ever want them to come with me again, or wether I should attend myself as again as I do not want to witness that or even shout at a fellow fan again

My heart bled seeing the shocking abuse the team got and he fact the fans have turned on each other too. A friend of mine saw what was happening with me and these "fans" and rushed down the stairs to see if I was alright. - thanks Beardy

Gregan even asked for calm just before the 3rd goal and he was shout to get it sorted and he should have never come back.... Brill got cheered every time he did a positive kick or catch - remember guys he does have a line of defence too that those attackers should not be able to get a sniff of that penalty box.

I have to say, I thought we looked better up front in the first half with a bit more width and there was an air of positivness at the start, but it turned really horrible. I wonder how many fans/families after tonight will recosider going back to BP...

I am a very sad fan tonight and not because of the result either

Edited by underdog

what do you want them to do pat him on the feckin back,he has got to be the worst keeper i have ever seen at latics,maybe if wasn't so :censored: people wouldn't get on his back,the second goal tonight was just unbelieveable....

That goal was a replica of the Swindon free kick, must have watched the video.Brill builds the wall, and then hides behind it.Hey presto, open goal, AGAIN. He is an absolute joke, and has scored more goals than our own forwards.DP certainly built his confidence by sending him out at half time to practice catching the ball, He was a laughing stock.

Guest sheridans_world
If they were bothered about Brills confidence why did they have him come out and do that pathetic catching practise at half time? That was always going to bring him some piss taking.

I agree, but maybe that was an attempt to boost his confidence in his catching, he did the same exercise at half-time on Tuesday. I hope for Brill's sake they give it up as a bad job considering thats what should be done in training all week. A two minute session at half time is going to change anything is it?

im sorry but he has been :censored: from day one and deserves every booo jeeer there is one of the worst players ever to grace a football pitch cant catch it then makes a wall gives the frekick taker shot loads of space to place it then does the same again in a later frekick shocking pile of shieeeet and hazel go fek of too

Guest sheridans_world
im sorry but he has been :censored: from day one and deserves every booo jeeer there is one of the worst players ever to grace a football pitch cant catch it then makes a wall gives the frekick taker shot loads of space to place it then does the same again in a later frekick shocking pile of shieeeet and hazel go fek of too

What did happen to sentences?

I iz strugglin 2 underda sand u.