Anyone watching Mayweather v Marquez - 19/9?

It's not on Sky Box Office, it's gonna be shown on Sky Sports 1. The undercard starts at 2am so the main event won't be until around 5am over here. I know Floyd is gonna piss it all over but I hope JMM can score a sensational KO upset, that would be highlight of the year for me. Ah well, if JMM doesn't win then I hope Floyd faces Cotto next, so we can see Cotto destroy Floyd all over, sometime next year.

UFC 103: Franklin vs. Belfort with CroCop, Kampmann, Daley, Trigg, on the card too is happening the very same evening.

Aye, I remember a big thing being made of the two events going head to head. I'm not really a UFC fan, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if it trumps Mayweather v Marquez, apparently tickets haven't sold as well as anticipated and it hasn't received the hype HBO thought it would.

That's what happens when the guy who calls himself the best Welterweight in the world fights a Super Featherweight! At least with UFC the best fight the best, theirs no cherry picking.

Your of the same opinion as me that Cotto will beat Pacquiao?

Mayweather will make Marquez look stupid. Casamayor lit up JMM and he couldnt punch at Super Bantamweight, let alone 145lbs. A great fighter fighting at the wrong weight.

Aye, I'm a Cotto happy clapper! I think he's the best Welterweight for sure. He's took on the best Welterweights (apart from Floyd who never seems to want to fight him!) and only lost once, which is disputable due to Margarito's controversial hand wraps he wore in his next fight. So for me that's a "no contest" as there is no way Margarito would beat Cotto fair and square and then decide to use plastic hand wraps against a guy who was suppose to be a "has been". If he cheated against Mosley then he definitely used those hand wraps against Cotto....no one has give Cotto a beating like he has and these hand wraps explain why.

But yeah, I think Cotto will beat Pacman. Pacman has done a lot in the lower weight classes, he is a small guy after all and he beat a weight drained and past it DLH who couldn't cope with Pacquiao's speed. He's beat Hatton who seems to be over the hill and who's punch resistance seems to have deteriorated drastically over the past couple of years. Cotto's a different ball game than both of them, he's still young, prime and he's much better than Hatton, technically, speed wise and defence wise....well he's just better than Hatton by far. I think he'll knock Manny out.

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

I love Pacman but I think he's getting to brave here. Cotto's on the slide, I thought Clottey could have beaten him last time out, but in my opinion, he's to big and strong in this fight. I hope Manny proves us wrong but I cant see it sadly!

Some huge fights coming up;

Super 6 beginning

Ppaul Williams v Kelly Pavlik

Mayweather v Marquez

Manny v Cotto

Vitali v Arreola (not competetive but a bg fight)

Valuev v Haye

I think Mayweather will dispatch JMM but I am surprised that Pac Man has taken the Cotto fight as I thought he would not want to jeopardise a mega money clash with Floyd with what is clearly a very dangerous fight. I don't know if Pac Man and Freddie Roach are over confident after the last two fights but there is no way he will be knocking Cotto out but it should be a classic.

I think Cotto will stop him on bodyshots. Manny's been stopped twice with body shots before. Manny may have picked Cotto as he's slowing and easy to hit and doesn't use a straight right hand. An orthodox fighter with a fast straight right hand will finish Manny. Who has fast, straight punches?

Floyd Mayweather!