Are you optimisit, pessimistic or expect us to remain for the next 4 years.

singe

ARe you optimistic or pessimistic about the future of Latics  

130 members have voted

1. 1. This is both on and off the field combined

• Optimistic-overall the move to Failsworth and team's chances point to a brighter future
    • Pessimsitic- the move to Failsworth is a bad move and the team are in a downward spiral of decline
    • Static-Don't think we will make much progress and still around the same position for whatever reason
    • fully fledged Doom And Gloomer without hysterically shouting for the heads of Penney, TTA, Hazell and Brill every time we concede a goal?
    • Not Happy Clapper, but think we will have made progress in the 5 years.

I really don't think it's a good thing to use stats like this as proof - I'm not sure how 100-200 internet votes extrapolates into the real world as substabtial evidence and an indication of mood. This along with other polls are simply just that, a website poll that draws on a membership that either doesn't live anywhere near Oldham, or even in this country. To add to this, unfortunately I cannot gain the information that would highlight non-OAFC members voting for whatever they wanted.

It's just another interesting/dull depending on your view, internet poll. They're good for creating debate and that's about it, so for a discussion forum they do the job...

Whilst it is true it is indicative only, and can be nothing else, the evarege poll on here does have some statistical significance.

Firstly not all the members of OWTB are exiles. I have done several polls about that, including where people lived and the majority are Oldham living Tics, albeit a suspected higher percentage obviously. But we don;t know the precentage of fans attending that are exiles also.

Secondly, compared to JKL, a lot lower percentage of members on OWTB are not Tics. And some of the polls would be of no interest to non Tics compared to voting on a choice of logo, kit etc.

THrirdly, I did at least one poll that was replicated by the club and the chron, I will try and dig it out that was quite similar percentages.

It is a guide, but I think a quite accurate guide.

I am willing to put a large amount of money that the numbers of fans that want the TTA out or want Penney out is quite similar to the percentages to the genral feeling of the fans.

I am more than happy if we can put it to some sort of test.

So I think the 60% will stack up.

Maybe the real acid test would be the FAilsworth move, some sort of polll for season ticket holders etc. by the club or OWTB or the Trust. LEts see how differnt to my poll on that.