Are you optimisit, pessimistic or expect us to remain for the next 4 years.

singe

ARe you optimistic or pessimistic about the future of Latics  

130 members have voted

1. 1. This is both on and off the field combined

• Optimistic-overall the move to Failsworth and team's chances point to a brighter future
    • Pessimsitic- the move to Failsworth is a bad move and the team are in a downward spiral of decline
    • Static-Don't think we will make much progress and still around the same position for whatever reason
    • fully fledged Doom And Gloomer without hysterically shouting for the heads of Penney, TTA, Hazell and Brill every time we concede a goal?
    • Not Happy Clapper, but think we will have made progress in the 5 years.

I was asked by anotherfan to do a poll, then I saw a few had already been done, but the issue has been raised by anothfan and others in the last week.

Bascially are you optimistic about the next 5 years, pessimistic, or think we will still in the same boat (ie neutral)

It was originally aimed at seeing how many doom and gloomers and how many are happy clappers, but I think that wording might polarise the vote, and get distracted by the Penney/TTA polls.

This is aimed at both on and off the field, your overall view.

Edited by singe

I was asked by anotherfan to do a poll, then I saw a few had already been done, but the issue has been raised by anothfan and others in the last week.

Bascially are you optimistic about the next 5 years, pessimistic, or think we will still in the same boat (ie neutral)

It was originally aimed at seeing how many doom and gloomers and how many are happy clappers, but I think that wording might polarise the vote, and get distracted by the Penney/TTA polls.

This is aimed at both on and off the field, your overall view.

Why don't we have a meaningless poll about everything?

Why don't we have a meaningless poll about everything?

I think we already have.... ah, I see what you mean. :unsure:

Well folks, I've pretty much always been an optimistic happy clapper when it comes to Latics, it kind of fits my overall nature. But I've been on a bit of a downward spiral of my own lately... Am I allowed to be a fully fledged Doom And Gloomer without hysterically shouting for the heads of Penney, TTA, Hazell and Brill every time we concede a goal? :wink:

Well folks, I've pretty much always been an optimistic happy clapper when it comes to Latics, it kind of fits my overall nature. But I've been on a bit of a downward spiral of my own lately... Am I allowed to be a fully fledged Doom And Gloomer without hysterically shouting for the heads of Penney, TTA, Hazell and Brill every time we concede a goal? :wink:

You might have noticed that despite my unofficial status as Chief Gloomer (standing diametrically opposed to Harry Dowd's Shirt Button, the unofficial Apologist-in-Chief), I never, ever call for anybody's head or subject anybody at the club to personal criticism.

mmm, that is so good, I think it deserves it's own poll choice, so I ahve out a counter balcance too.

THere should not be too many more polls unless a Doom and Gloomer makes some outrageous statement.. :grin:

Edited by singe

iv voted optimistic but dont think of myself as a happy clapper. i voted it mainly from the non football point of view. not saying the move will make us a better team and result in us winning everything and beating anybody that stands in our way but are financial position will be better so off the pitch we will have moved on on the pitch dont think we will push for promotion for a good while so think on the pitch the club will be pretty much the same as now if not slightly better off

THere should not be too many more polls unless a Doom and Gloomer makes some outrageous statement.. :grin:

Nearly all the outrageous statements come from the Nodding Dogs. What, for instance, could be more outrageous than peddling the idea that by carrying on aiming for 'seasons of consolidation' the club will somehow progress? Or that 12000 capacity stadiums indicate serious Championship ambitions?

The BNP are Nazis who would kill thousands of dark-skinned people. New Labour are democrats who have been responsible for the killing thousands of dark-skinned people.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

Generally I'm an optimist and am generally that way about life anyway.

However I'm less optimistic than I was about 12 months ago with all things Latics. From what I gather and bearing in mind we still don't know that much about the Failsworth project I'm less optimitic about the whole project than I was about the redevelopment about Boundary Park. Its not the going to Failsworth that bothers me too much living in Glossop I will still go and still have to travel further than most of people saying that its too far. The 12000 capacity is a slight concern but not too much we are all going to get a seat and I have no doubt their will be room to expand should the need arise so no problem there.

But, what worries me is that the redevelopment of BP was based around the idea that Oldham Athletic a 7 day a week 365 day a year business rather than one that makes money every other saturday and we were told that their would be this but I don't see any evidence of this in the failsworth project, and thats what I want for Oldham to be self sufficent without having to compromise the quality of squad at our disposal. Otherwise we are in the same position as we are now relying on rich men to bail us out using their childrens inheritance to the tune of £1million a year.

Its in TTA's interests to make sure we have a good stadium and are in a position where we are as soluable as possible becuase when they wish to sell the club on they will get more interested parties and make more money from it the stronger position we are in.

As for the team I am deeply concerned about the defence at the moment and am concenrned that this issue hasn't been addressed I'm not going to call for Penney to go I am calling for him to sort out the problems in our team which start at the back. I am worried where generally where we are going on the pitch and we could be in for a return to the wilderness years under Andy Ritchie which was dreadful football with a pretty poor group of players with the exception of John Sheridan and Lee Duxbury and a manager who is a great guy and was a great player but not cut out for management (it amazes me when I see people suggesting that he return as manager but thats another debate)

So as things stand at the moment I have gone for option 3 Static thats not to say that will be the same in 3 6 or 12 months down the line things may turn for the better, but at the moment I don't see much progress being made.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Generally I'm an optimist and am generally that way about life anyway.

However I'm less optimistic than I was about 12 months ago with all things Latics. From what I gather and bearing in mind we still don't know that much about the Failsworth project I'm less optimitic about the whole project than I was about the redevelopment about Boundary Park. Its not the going to Failsworth that bothers me too much living in Glossop I will still go and still have to travel further than most of people saying that its too far. The 12000 capacity is a slight concern but not too much we are all going to get a seat and I have no doubt their will be room to expand should the need arise so no problem there.

But, what worries me is that the redevelopment of BP was based around the idea that Oldham Athletic a 7 day a week 365 day a year business rather than one that makes money every other saturday and we were told that their would be this but I don't see any evidence of this in the failsworth project, and thats what I want for Oldham to be self sufficent without having to compromise the quality of squad at our disposal. Otherwise we are in the same position as we are now relying on rich men to bail us out using their childrens inheritance to the tune of £1million a year.

Its in TTA's interests to make sure we have a good stadium and are in a position where we are as soluable as possible becuase when they wish to sell the club on they will get more interested parties and make more money from it the stronger position we are in.

As for the team I am deeply concerned about the defence at the moment and am concenrned that this issue hasn't been addressed I'm not going to call for Penney to go I am calling for him to sort out the problems in our team which start at the back. I am worried where generally where we are going on the pitch and we could be in for a return to the wilderness years under Andy Ritchie which was dreadful football with a pretty poor group of players with the exception of John Sheridan and Lee Duxbury and a manager who is a great guy and was a great player but not cut out for management (it amazes me when I see people suggesting that he return as manager but thats another debate)

So as things stand at the moment I have gone for option 3 Static thats not to say that will be the same in 3 6 or 12 months down the line things may turn for the better, but at the moment I don't see much progress being made.

Does that mean we'll be dissolved? I'm guessing you mean solvent and, let's face it, there are a few on here who give the impression of being seasoned glue sniffers.

Edited by Dave_Og

That's over 60% so far who aren't too happy with all this, I wonder if TTA are aware ?

I really don't think it's a good thing to use stats like this as proof - I'm not sure how 100-200 internet votes extrapolates into the real world as substabtial evidence and an indication of mood. This along with other polls are simply just that, a website poll that draws on a membership that either doesn't live anywhere near Oldham, or even in this country. To add to this, unfortunately I cannot gain the information that would highlight non-OAFC members voting for whatever they wanted.

It's just another interesting/dull depending on your view, internet poll. They're good for creating debate and that's about it, so for a discussion forum they do the job...

That's over 60% so far who aren't too happy with all this, I wonder if TTA are aware ?

Or over 70% who are not pessimistic.

There's 34% sat firmly in the middle ground - not going up; not going down. You can shove them to eother view point by negating the polar view.

You might get a more accurate interpolation by excluding the middle ground, leaving about 28% on the pessimistic side and 38% on the progress side. :huh:

There's 34% sat firmly in the middle ground - not going up; not going down. You can shove them to eother view point by negating the polar view.

You might get a more accurate interpolation by excluding the middle ground, leaving about 28% on the pessimistic side and 38% on the progress side. :huh:

My glass is half empty :(

As if any of this actually matters. How we might feel about things has absolutely no bearing on the direction the club is headed.