My team to arrest the slide this Saturday

I'm speaking as an FA Qualified coach and a football fan of 22 of my 29 years. Dont come out with "well I've been going 30 years". I can't help the year I was born.

Don't get me started on Gregan, I think the lack of support on here for you speaks volumes on that one. After every game there are complaints about it being a terrible central defensive partnership with Gregan making mistakes. We'll leave the off field stories and intimidation factor out of it.

I'm waiting for your alternate team Hometown Club. I'm predicting you will let things drift and if we sneak a 1-0 win in an appalling game, things will be on the up.

Warhusrt came up as an example of a smal :shock: l, young full back being made into a centre half. Earl Barrett is another example, a small frail full back becoming our greatest defender. Richard Jobson was a full back for Hull City before we signed him. Higher level players but the examples prove it can be done.

Really, your saying Black should be released then. He is never gonna play, even when we are at possibly our lowest ebb.

I don't give a monkeys whether you are a qualified coach or not (that doesn't qualify you in any way to speak with any knowledge or authority on the subject of football as we can clearly see) your comments show an alarming ignorance of the game.

Paul Warhurst was 6' tall (not that small then), Paul Black is 5'9" with next to no first team experience and you want to play him out of position (he is a left back and may eventually break into the first team at left back) he would be the smallest centre half in all four divisions, you could finish him as a player before he has even got started.

Gregans MotM ratings say all that needs to be said about him.

By the way I've been going for 37 years, I also cannot help when I was born. :wink:

I don't give a monkeys whether you are a qualified coach or not (that doesn't qualify you in any way to speak with any knowledge or authority on the subject of football as we can clearly see) your comments show an alarming ignorance of the game.

Paul Warhurst was 6' tall (not that small then), Paul Black is 5'9" with next to no first team experience and you want to play him out of position (he is a left back and may eventually break into the first team at left back) he would be the smallest centre half in all four divisions, you could finish him as a player before he has even got started.

Gregans MotM ratings say all that needs to be said about him.

By the way I've been going for 37 years, I also cannot help when I was born. :wink:

A previous poster (I believe a mod) says Black is 6ft. No argument there then. Steve Redmond was 6ft, Haining was 6ft (or less?), Size means nothing. As I presume your wife tells you.

You go on MOTM ratings do you? OK.

A previous poster (I believe a mod) says Black is 6ft. No argument there then. Steve Redmond was 6ft, Haining was 6ft (or less?), Size means nothing. As I presume your wife tells you.

You go on MOTM ratings do you? OK.

Previous poster is wrong, I've seen him many times and if he is 6' then I'm a Dutchman, Paul Black Soccerbase 5' 9"

So yes a big arguement there then.

Very poor of you to start with the personal insults.

If you really do want to exchange insults though beleive me I will have no trouble trading them with a man who likes to spend all his spare time grappling with other men. :lol::wink:

Previous poster is wrong, I've seen him many times and if he is 6' then I'm a Dutchman, Paul Black Soccerbase 5' 9"

If you really do want to exchange insults though beleive me I will have no trouble trading them with a man who likes to spend all his spare time grappling with other men. :lol::wink:

lol, come on the wife comment is such a common one it doesn't qualify as a persoanl insult. One thing I don't do is personal insults.

Here's some ammo then, last night I was rolling around with 8 other blokes, dripping with sweat and trying to concentrate on finishing people from the back. lol. Sadly its true. :blush:

Official sez 6ft - this is just a comparison of databases, I never actually said he was 6ft. He's never 5 9 though....

But what the heck, Gregan isn't a giant.

EDIT:

...and yes, this namecalling is daft. Are we infants?

lol, come on the wife comment is such a common one it doesn't qualify as a persoanl insult. One thing I don't do is personal insults.

Here's some ammo then, last night I was rolling around with 8 other blokes, dripping with sweat and trying to concentrate on finishing people from the back. lol. Sadly its true. :blush:

I thought you said you were out grappling. :lol::wink:

I've enjoyed this thread myself BRF, although I suspect I should be doing some work at some stage. :towork:

I seldom watch the reserves myself, so maybe someone who does can confirm... I have a vague memory that Black played centre-half at youth/reserve level. Not sure whether that was regular, occasional or I just made it up... :unsure:

However, if we're going to change the back two (which I wouldn't, but if we were) I would sooner give David Kalnoki-kis a run out.

Edited by garcon

Ollerenshaw

Lomax Hazel Black Sheehan

:censored:

Colbeck Lee Worthington Taylor

Blackman

Interesting formation, but I feel we need to go with two up front at home.

Ollerenshaw - no, I don't believe he's ready, and besides as far as I'm concerned this idea that Brill isn't up to it is a myth created by fans who don't know what they're watching and pick on one or two (and it has been only one or two) individual errors to choose their victim.

Lomax - yes he's a good attacking fullback and I thought he might get his chance this season, but Holdsworth is one of our most reliable performers so far and absolutely should not be dropped.

:censored: - for me, impressive as he's been, he starts if Worthington isn't fit - we need the extra creativity Furman gives us. Could be a really effective impact player to come on after an hour if our midfield isn't clicking.

Lee - I wouldn't mind seeing him in central midfield alongside Worthington, but I'm afraid he's behind Furman and :censored: (and probably Witts) for a start.

My team for Saturday would not be revolutionary. It has to be our best available eleven, in a 44-feckin-2...

Brill

Holdsworth

Hazell

Gregan

Sheehan

Colbeck

Worthington (or :censored: if Worthy isn't fit)

Furman

Taylor

Abbott

Blackman

Subs:

Ollerenshaw

Kalnoki-kis

Whitaker

Bembo-Lita

Brooke

Tischler

Edited by garcon

Interesting formation, but I feel we need to go with two up front at home.

Ollerenshaw - no, I don't believe he's ready, and besides as far as I'm concerned this idea that Brill isn't up to it is a myth created by fans who don't know what they're watching and pick on one or two (and it has been only one or two) individual errors to choose their victim.

Lomax - yes he's a good attacking fullback and I thought he might get his chance this season, but Holdsworth is one of our most reliable performers so far and absolutely should not be dropped.

:censored: - for me, impressive as he's been, he starts if Worthington isn't fit - we need the extra creativity Furman gives us. Could be a really effective impact player to come on after an hour if our midfield isn't clicking.

Lee - I wouldn't mind seeing him in central midfield alongside Worthington, but I'm afraid he's behind Furman and :censored: (and probably Witts) for a start.

My team for Saturday would not be revolutionary. It has to be our best available eleven, in a 44-feckin-2...

Brill

Holdsworth

Hazell

Gregan

Sheehan

Colbeck

Worthington (or :censored: if Worthy isn't fit)

Furman

Taylor

Abbott

Blackman

Subs:

Ollerenshaw

Kalnoki-kis

Whitaker

Bembo-Lita

Brooke

Tischler

Have to say I personally don't rate Holdsworth, he seems very slow and tends to spend too long on the ball. Thought he had a shocker against Accrington and their left winger was their slowest player, although I understand he has had a 'bug'...........

All in all, I think another week on the traning ground will be beneficial and i expect a much improved performance come saturday...proviing we fans can encourage the team

Brill

Hazell

Gregan

Sheehan

Lee

Worthington

Holdsworth

Furman

Taylor

Abbott

This is based solely on the games I've seen this season. Against Orient we started with Holdsworth at full back and :censored: in the middle; it was only when they changed in the second half that we really took hold of the game.