City Robbed

alright fair enough but where is the other 2 minutes added on from when owen was celebrating? quick to blow his whistle then

Look, this isn't hard to get your head round.

If the referee stops his watch the moment Owen scores, and it says that there are 20 seconds to go, you would expect City to kick off and the game to continue for 20 seconds.

Which is exactly what happened.

Also, the final whistle blew approximately 2 minutes after Owen scored. So I don't quite understand your point.

(by the way, Hughes is wrong about the restart after Bellamy's goal, it was 1 minutes and 10 seconds after the ball hit the net).

There is no such thing as added time. The referee should stop his watch when there is a delay to play and restart it when play resumes. The final whistle should be blown when that watch says 90 minutes have been played.

Edited by opinions4u

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was of the understanding that once in 'added time' it is up to the referees discretion to decide how much further to add on - when added time is held up it is a MINIMUM of x minutes.

However, it did stick in my throat seeing the red nosed one jumping up and down like an alcoholic scottish gnome, though if City had decided to try and defend properly for the first time in the match the red (bell) enders wouldn't have took the points.

Nonetheless, a good derby and a good game for the lower league neutrals like our goodselves.

As for the Bellamy slap - good on him!!