City Robbed

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Old Trafford time warp strikes again, Hughes is spewing....

+4 mins official, and the game went on for +7? What the hell?

completley agree munich bastards but 1 minute is added when a goal is scored in extra time plus 30 seconds for a sub bellamys goal timed at 90:27 so add the 4 mins = 94+1.30 for goal and sub-95:30 owen scored 95:24 harsh but true

Hughes himself said the goal celebration for Bellamy's equaliser took 45 seconds. Add that to the standard 30 seconds for United's substitution (Carrick on) and a few seconds here and there for City timewasting and you have the extra 1 min 26 secs to get to Owen's goal. The celebration and mayhem after that easily took it to 7 minutes.

Besides, I'm deeply disappointed in you all as Oldham fans:

This is karma. It serves Mark Hughes right for scoring 2 minutes after the match should have ended in the 1994 FA Cup Semi-final.

Hughes himself said the goal celebration for Bellamy's equaliser took 45 seconds. Add that to the standard 30 seconds for United's substitution (Carrick on) and a few seconds here and there for City timewasting and you have the extra 1 min 26 secs to get to Owen's goal. The celebration and mayhem after that easily took it to 7 minutes.

This is karma. It serves Mark Hughes right for scoring 2 minutes after the match should have ended in the 1994 FA Cup Semi-final.

Whoa there Garcon... dont let reasoned arguements spoil some good United bashing....

Anyone who thinks that that extra time wasnt justified is just plain wrong... for the exact reasons as above. Only adding on a minute for the celebrations is very generous on citeh, lasted a lot longer than that.

United won, fair and square.

<_<

How is it karma when the team Hughes scored for to knock us out were the team who benefited today from some shocking time keeping?

I guess a few closet Man Utd fans have been offended here. :grin:

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

completley agree munich bastards but 1 minute is added when a goal is scored in extra time plus 30 seconds for a sub bellamys goal timed at 90:27 so add the 4 mins = 94+1.30 for goal and sub-95:30 owen scored 95:24 harsh but true

Bellamy's goal plus celebration all happened before the 4 minutes went up, so didn't need to be added again. The free-kick that was given to united in the build up to the final goal was also one of the most bizarre decisions i have ever seen

So that makes it ok then does it? Would you call Liverpool fans Hillsborough's or Juventus fans Heysel's or perhaps Ranger fans Ibroxites? No, you wouldn't - it's not about name calling it's about having respect for your fellow human beings and ultimately the families of the dead. One thing that separates an adult from a child is to realise the responsibility of one's own actions.

I don't hate Liverpool fans so no I would not say anything about the Hillsborough disaster.

We're always told these things even themselves out over the season. So when it happens the other way round at Eastlands, Taggart will take it on the chin just like Hughes has to do.

I don't hate Liverpool fans so no I would not say anything about the Hillsborough disaster.

Whether you hate United fans or not it was their players that were killed, some of them england internationals as well as a journalist and other club staff. All of them doing their jobs and sadly being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Did you watch the 50th Anniversary memorial, did you see how cut up the survivors still are? Read the chapter in Bobby Charlton's autobiography and fail to understand how much the tragedy still haunts him to this day.

The term 'Munich' was never meant to be a derogatory one, it was coined in the face of the over-whelming sympathy generated at United's plight in the wake of the Munich Air Disaster - United gaining 1000's of extra fans known as 'Munich sympathisers'. The term has now evolved into an insult and all things United are now termed 'Munichs'. Red bastard is sufficient imo, without resorting to insult about a horrific accident.

The thing that annoys me about 'munich' is the fact that United try their very best and I am sure have suceeded to make a profit from the whole thing. If you choose to call them red bastards that is your decision as it is mine to say munich. I dont really understand how uniteds younger fans can be so upset by an event they have no recollection of.

The thing that annoys me about 'munich' is the fact that United try their very best and I am sure have suceeded to make a profit from the whole thing. If you choose to call them red bastards that is your decision as it is mine to say munich. I dont really understand how uniteds younger fans can be so upset by an event they have no recollection of.

It's about having the respect for your fellow man, I have no recollection of the event - it happened 19 years before I was born, yet despite my jealousy of United's success and my hatred for their plastic fans I understand there is a line that no self-respecting football fan should cross.

Prendy, you really have no regard for human life. Football is football, I love rivalries as much as the next fan. But poking fun at the casualties of a plane crash is not football or fan banter, despite what a bunch of thick hooligans think. The people that died on that plane were humans, regardless of their profession, who they played for or supported, they were humans who did not deserve to die.

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies