Best we've played in a long, long time

Commitment, passion, desire and football!

Right from minute one we wanted it, the Mongs tried to bully us with their niggling, persistent fouling and downright assaulting but the early goal helped us - another early save from Brill ensured the goal came at the right time. We wasted a lot of chances and but the football was superb at times. Second-half it took a while to settle down and I was worried about the amount of posession and space Keigan was getting and wasting - but what a fabulous goal, his running all night was tireless to be fair and must have been a right pain in the arse for the towering Mongs defenders. Their goal was jammy to say the least and another solid performance from Dean Brill was unluckily tainted by a scrawpy rebound! It was nervy for the last few minutes but we throughly deserved the performance and that was the best since probably Scunny at home last season. I hope we can keep Sheehan as we look a different side going forward with him in it.

Brill - Good handling and positioning. A travesty he conceded a goal like that

Kelvin - Assured but caught inside for the goal, a bad lapse in concentration from him but apart from that he played very well and almost had a nosebleed when he attempted two efforts on goal that were blocked!

Chuckle Brothers - Immense, Rubes back to his best and the sort of game Gregan relishes. Let's hope they repeat it against lesser oppo on Saturday.

Sheehan - Superb performance going forward, tidy in defence and a wonder strike to cap it all!

Danny Whit - Full of running, still lightweight in the tackle but him and Sheehan have given us more balance in the team. Great assist to KP

:censored: - Took no prisoners, great combative performance ensured we stood up to Mongs crude tactics

Furman - Head and shoulders above anything on the field. ran the show didn't the ball away all night MOM

Taylor - His fitness is returning and went on a couple of runs, gained free-kicks at important moments.

Pav - A master-class in holding the ball up, had the ball in the net twice but offside on both occasions

KP - He's winning me over, best performance for us by far and what a sublime strike.

Buzzing after that and can't wait for Saturday - please don't balls it up Blues!

Edited by oafcprozac

Right from minute one we wanted it

If you end up losing a few games but battling for everything across the 90 minutes you can take defeats.

That is exactly the kind of performance fans EXPECT to see. Whether we're playing Everton in the FA Cup (there are similarities) or Hartlepool on a miserable Autumn evening.

Well done to all who delivered. Same every week please and the crowds will return (Mr Hardy - when we're playing at home midweek & Saturday and the Champions League is on telly you need to offer tickets for both games 2 for £30 every time. You're revenue will increase).

Edited by opinions4u

Well done to all who delivered. Same every week please and the crowds will return (Mr Hardy - when we're playing at home midweek & Saturday and the Champions League is on telly you need to offer tickets for both games 2 for £30 every time. You're revenue will increase).

Good shout

So then, when are you gonna drop this chuckle brothers bandwaggon crap and admit that you were wrong, about gregan especially? :wink:

win on Saturday maybe!?

Get in boys!

Always been one of Gregan's biggest fans, games like tonight he's in his element, the player I've criticised is Hazell but he was superb tonight. Unlike others on here I don't criticise for the sake of it or hold grudges - if a player plays well I say so. But they will remain the chuckle brothers - why? 'Cos I likes it! Or for us older chaps I could christen them 'The Brothers - McGregor'?

First game of the season for me tonight, enjoyed it very much.

We played some very nice football at times with the second goal coming from some great vision from a number of players, for me theres still to much hit and hope from the back than is really needed (but considering defence has been a weak point this season you can understand it really), I don't think we were tough enough in the tackle and we are crying out for a right winger.

Brill - Not really troubled until the goal, looked to kick the ball to the man in space

Lomax - Good game, caught out a couple of times

Gregan - Won everything but didn't do much with the ball apart from hoofing it

Rubes - ditto

Sheenan - Great goal, takes a set piece well

Casper - Improved second half and was always looking for the ball

:censored: - Could have had a hattrick in the first half with a bit of luck, always looking to get on the end of things

Furman - Like him alot, add a bit more bite to him and we've finally replaced Wellens

Taylor - Looks to be still short of fitness

Pav - A great show of how to be a lower league target man, 99% of the time the ball stuck to him

Parker - Paul Warne without the likeability, great game.

Rubes - ditto

at last!

how many have we conceded in recent times due to one or both of these 2 f*****g about with it??? Bristol Rovers being the latest example.

not doing much with the ball apart from hoofing it suits me absolutely fine :grin:

at last!

how many have we conceded in recent times due to one or both of these 2 f*****g about with it??? Bristol Rovers being the latest example.

not doing much with the ball apart from hoofing it suits me absolutely fine :grin:

I agree, the only time they worry me when they try and play football...

First game of the season for me tonight, enjoyed it very much.

We played some very nice football at times with the second goal coming from some great vision from a number of players, for me theres still to much hit and hope from the back than is really needed (but considering defence has been a weak point this season you can understand it really), I don't think we were tough enough in the tackle and we are crying out for a right winger.

Brill - Not really troubled until the goal, looked to kick the ball to the man in space

Lomax - Good game, caught out a couple of times

Rubes - ditto

Sheenan - Great goal, takes a set piece well

Casper - Improved second half and was always looking for the ball

:censored: - Could have had a hattrick in the first half with a bit of luck, always looking to get on the end of things

Furman - Like him alot, add a bit more bite to him and we've finally replaced Wellens

Taylor - Looks to be still short of fitness

Pav - A great show of how to be a lower league target man, 99% of the time the ball stuck to him

Parker - Paul Warne without the likeability, great game.

Good post Coco.

Although there is no chance in hell Paul Warne would have ever have scored a goal like that. Parker is a far better player.

Furman - Head and shoulders above anything on the field. ran the show didn't the ball away all night MOM

Buzzing after that and can't wait for Saturday - please don't balls it up Blues!

Nitpicking but he did, at least twice, more caught in possession but he can be forgiven when playing the type of game he does.

Rubes defended tonight, anything dangerous was put into touch which is what I want from a 3rd div defender, they can't score from z-row.

Smile on my face tonight like a Cheshire cat.

Rubes defended tonight, anything dangerous was put into touch which is what I want from a 3rd div defender, they can't score from z-row.

Yeah, he was brilliant tonight. A couple of times, when a longer ball came over he put it where he should have done. Certainly earlier in the season he'd have fannied about with it trying to keep possession, but tonight his decision making was flawless.

Now, can Bob get rid of that stupid "Wanted - for crimes against Oldham Athletic" photoshopped image please. For good.