Abbott

Best performance from a Latics centre forward for a long, long time.

Yeah, he put so much work into his performance tonight. The ball stuck to him, which it tends to do when you're running full of confidence. I thought as a pair, Parker and Abbott were phenomenal.

Yeah, he put so much work into his performance tonight. The ball stuck to him, which it tends to do when you're running full of confidence. I thought as a pair, Parker and Abbott were phenomenal.

Really mr shankly were they really that good as a front 2? didnt make it tonight as im an exile!

Really mr shankly were they really that good as a front 2? didnt make it tonight as im an exile!

Played off each other very well. Parker is unrecognisable from the player that started the season.

My mate officially forgave him for the whole Blackpool thing after his goal. :lol:

Played off each other very well. Parker is unrecognisable from the player that started the season.

My mate officially forgave him for the whole Blackpool thing after his goal. :lol:

Yeah i've been quick enough to slag him off for looking like he can't be arsed so credit where it's due, he was superb tonight, chased everything, and really deserved the goal. Not sure whether calling Gregan thick in the programme was the best idea though. And as for claiming his most embarrassing moment was getting banned from driving....really? That was more embarrassing than getting done for kicking in the windows of a brothel after getting thrown out for eating chips? Not to mention his story in the Sun....

Wholeheartedly agree Mike.

Dare I say he had me harking back as far as the days of one much maligned Graeme Sharp.

His hold up play and release for our second was simply brilliant.

Bloody hell!! I've been trying to figure out who he reminds me of, thanks mate :grin: Except maybe he has a few more tricks than Sharpe.

People now judge Sharpe on his ill fated time as manager (although he was the first in a long line to have his hands tied behind his back with the financial constraints) and perhaps the "miss" at Goodison Park. But he was a real class act for us as a player, he looked head and shoulders above the rest when he came.

Best performance from a Latics centre forward for a long, long time.

He's a true old fashioned centre forward with a wonderful touch and great hold up play. I've been going to Boundary Park for over 40 years and he's up there with the best target men we have had in that time.

In Parker we have a true showman, an entertainer.....although he may well frustrate at times, there aren't many in this league that would have put that ball away like he did last night. His game is all about confidence and he has a couple of goals now and I think we'll see a much improved player in the coming weeks.

With Furman and :censored: in midfield we have a solid pair who can mix it but play football when it's required. I'm very, very happy with the appointment of Penney and when the injured players are back I can see a play off place beckoning......What we really need now is more of the same which will hopefully get the Oldham public back supporting their local team!!!

KTF

In Parker we have a true showman, an entertainer.....although he may well frustrate at times, there aren't many in this league that would have put that ball away like he did last night. His game is all about confidence and he has a couple of goals now and I think we'll see a much improved player in the coming weeks.

You do tend to get that from him. A couple of sparkling performances punctuating quite a few more low key or bad games where he isn't getting a sniff. The way he took his goal was pure quality, yet against Hartlepool he missed an even easier chance.

I don't think we'll see that kind of champagne performance from him on a regular basis, but I bloody enjoyed watching the front two move the ball around, topped with the cherry that was Parker's classy goal.