If I was Chairman.....

I would move to Ashton or Middleton and completely out of the borough of Oldham because to be quite frank, the people (barring those who go to the match regularly) dont deserve a football or a rugby team. We have had no help from the council since I have been supporting latics (since 1978). If you are a fan you are a fan for life - no matter whether they are doing good or bad - its in your blood. For those who complain that paying £18 is too much are talking utter tosh. You get what you pay for and cant expect cheap admission but complain the club have no money. If you cant afford £18 over 2 weeks for one home game, then cut back to attend the game and support your club.

The failsworth stadium is a good thing in my eyes and people going on about a 12000 capacity stadium not being big enough are talking crap - weve never had an enormous home support barr the premiership days when we over achieved big time - those days will never come back sadly but championship football is acheivable and I would settle for that

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I would move to Ashton or Middleton and completely out of the borough of Oldham because to be quite frank, the people (barring those who go to the match regularly) dont deserve a football or a rugby team. We have had no help from the council since I have been supporting latics (since 1978). If you are a fan you are a fan for life - no matter whether they are doing good or bad - its in your blood. For those who complain that paying £18 is too much are talking utter tosh. You get what you pay for and cant expect cheap admission but complain the club have no money. If you cant afford £18 over 2 weeks for one home game, then cut back to attend the game and support your club.

The failsworth stadium is a good thing in my eyes and people going on about a 12000 capacity stadium not being big enough are talking crap - weve never had an enormous home support barr the premiership days when we over achieved big time - those days will never come back sadly but championship football is acheivable and I would settle for that

i agree there and most people do stick with latics through the bad times but you have to see it from their perspective and then at least you can say you can see where people are coming from.

i agree there and most people do stick with latics through the bad times but you have to see it from their perspective and then at least you can say you can see where people are coming from.

if it was up to me mate i would ban people from posting on here who dont make the effort to go or support the club or constantly critisise the club.

mr owen is spot on theyre a disgrace in my eyes an i bet the very same people have a subscription to sky sports

if it was up to me mate i would ban people from posting on here who dont make the effort to go or support the club or constantly critisise the club.

mr owen is spot on theyre a disgrace in my eyes an i bet the very same people have a subscription to sky sports

little harsh there people are entitled to opinions whether they go to boundary park or not ..it's called democracy...

Latics is in my blood I just don't see why I should go to BP and listen to the fans criticise the club, the players, other fans, criticise anything they can to be honest. You'll find a lot of the moaning and criticism actually at the game.

Going to BP isn't fun and it should be! I used to go to watch the football good or bad but I end up leaving because of the tossers around me who just ruin it.

Just my personal opinion, but if the council balls this latest venture up I wouldn't blame TTA if they opted to move the club to Ashton (so long as they kept the name Oldham Athletic)

if it was up to me mate i would ban people from posting on here who don't make the effort to go or support the club or constantly critisise the club.

:rant.sml:

Sorry mate but disagree with that, and I disagree with Mr Owen in some ways, and this is coming from a Trust Director. As long as the criticism is constructive, they can post it all they want for my liking. Re Barrys piece in the chron, will highlight the following

“It is expensive running a football club and a certain level has to be charged to keep the club solvent."

The bottom line is many fans either

- Cannot afford £20 week in week out

AND/OR

- Can but think £20 is not value for money,

And I sure as hell do not blame any fan who thinks either of the above. The matchday experience is pure and simply crap, and some people on here would argue that crap is being kind. The club are getting the basics wrong on so many levels. No scoreboard, crap acoustics, running out of pies before half time, and lets not forget the absolutely woeful marketing (woeful refering to its non existence on many occasions).

I am one of many fans who think the marketing at the club is non existent. Who on here who does not have a season ticket honestly knew about the special offer for the Yeovil game. Where was the full page ad in the chron? Or even the MEN??? As I said previously, the club as it is could not market torches and pitchforks to an angry mob.

“Unfortunately, clubs at our level aren’t subsidised to the extent those in the Premier League are by television money.”

Bottom line is Oldham is where it is geographically, that is not going to change, we have always had to compete with United and City. Instead of hiding behind the usual excuses as to why things have to carry on as they are, confront the issue head on and deal with it.

Now I do not proclaim to know all the answers, but I like many fans on here, can sure as hell see alot of problems, and am willing to sit down with the club round a table to work towards finding some answers any time they wish, rather than sticking our heads in the sand and hiding behind the "but we have to charge x amount to keep the club solvent", "premier league clubs get sky money" "we are in the back garden of utd, city etc"

:rant.sml:

nice one lads i like it,but you can see where im coming from it just gets me down when some make the effort an others dont,an for those that dont f//k off i dont want them at boundary park

Again think thats being a bit harsh

Re the people who go there and wait for an opportunity to abuse a player (as quite a few do near me in the main stand upper, we have since moved to the paddock), fully agree for all I care they can piss off.

Regarding the others who dont come for one reason or another, I would much rather like to find out why they are no longer coming and find out if the club can do anything to entice them back rather than simply say piss off dont want you back.

ive never met you carl but i read your posts on here and i respect you, but what is it with the townsfolk of oldham an im not on about the plastic mancs im on about the latics fans who have dropped off and dont come anymore.

oafc is a big part of my life an i love them with a passion why dont the stayaways feel the same it baffles me sometimes mate i dont understand ther logic in not turning up?

ive never met you carl but i read your posts on here and i respect you, but what is it with the townsfolk of oldham an im not on about the plastic mancs im on about the latics fans who have dropped off and dont come anymore.

oafc is a big part of my life an i love them with a passion why dont the stayaways feel the same it baffles me sometimes mate i dont understand ther logic in not turning up?

its quite straight forward for me, get a winning team on the pitch (by that i mean championship footbal) and the crowds will come back

instead of owners spending as little as possible to make a profit

- Can but think £20 is not value for money,

And I sure as hell do not blame any fan who thinks either of the above. The matchday experience is pure and simply crap, and some people on here would argue that crap is being kind. The club are getting the basics wrong on so many levels. No scoreboard, crap acoustics, running out of pies before half time, and lets not forget the absolutely woeful marketing (woeful refering to its non existence on many occasions).

Piss poor excuses tbh. If you think that then you ain't a latics fan. £20 is really only going to be a lot if you have lost your job, if you really are struggling that much then ok.

But the excuses here hold about as much weight as Munich fans saying they cant get tickets blah blah. If you dont have the passion to support your team then just admit that you cant be arsed putting in the effort anymore.

Piss poor excuses tbh. If you think that then you ain't a latics fan. £20 is really only going to be a lot if you have lost your job, if you really are struggling that much then ok.

But the excuses here hold about as much weight as Munich fans saying they cant get tickets blah blah. If you dont have the passion to support your team then just admit that you cant be arsed putting in the effort anymore.

ok... I admit I cant be arsed putting in the effort anymore...

If you want to know the reasons why then one of them is I don't think its value for money...

The two aren't mutually exclusive...

not sure about that creepy its catch 22, and dont you think this exactly the time we as fans of oafc should be turning up in numbers? in life when things are going good its easy its when there not that it really matters its called resolve

we are 9th in the league, which isnt bad to say we have a piss poor squad

only the die hards go now (if i could offord id be there) which tells you whats going on

IMO championship football is the only way to bring the fans back

but it isnt going to happen with these owners (which they promised), they want to spend as little as possible now before they sell we all know that dont we?

only the die hards go now (if i could offord id be there) which tells you whats going on

but it isnt going to happen with these owners (which they promised), they want to spend as little as possible now before they sell we all know that dont we?

To be fair creepy they never promised...

I disagree, make it fun and enjoyable to go to the games and I'd go even if we were in the Manchester League. I think the team are playing well and I'm pleased with how things are going on the pitch but you can offer me a ticket at a reduced price and I still wouldn't go because I know win, lose or draw the fans at home games will make the whole experience a bad one.

oafc000 so what. when has it ever been vfm following latics thats not what its about, its people like you that are killing my club.

Thought about working for the trust?

Anyway, off to watch the Giants kill the Raiders some more...

Edited by oafc0000

I disagree, make it fun and enjoyable to go to the games and I'd go even if we were in the Manchester League. I think the team are playing well and I'm pleased with how things are going on the pitch but you can offer me a ticket at a reduced price and I still wouldn't go because I know win, lose or draw the fans at home games will make the whole experience a bad one.

thats my point other than the die hards, to attract more fans the new fans want to see 'marquee' players and goals

im not saying the team are not playing well because they are, its just that new fans would want more

I agree to a point... The game day experience (including the attitude of some fans) is poor and is one of the reasons why I dont go... Fix that and I could not give a dam about the league or potential result...