If I was Chairman.....

oafc000 i dont want to single you out or bully people into going to bp an sadly i dont have a magic wand to put everything right but i desperatly want a club to support in the future an im worried there wont be thats all

My hunch, and its only a hunch, is that as things stand the new development will happen and TTA will sell up and go... and this will happen regardless of what happens between now and then...

I was not aware the immediate future of the club was in danger...

Edited by oafc0000

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not the football that's keeping me away as I've said in my previous posts. I just want to go to the football and enjoy it. Unless the fans' attitudes have improved of late then I won't enjoy it so I won't go. I've listened to games via Latics Player of late and then chatted people on here and it's been much better than actually going to BP.

I went to Spain at the end of May and watched Barcelona play La Coruna, I really enjoyed it. The football if I'm honest was rubbish but I still enjoyed the game and the atmosphere and I had an amazing time.

Fair point. I must admit that guilt is the reason I have attended half the games over the last couple of seasons. Guilt about not taking my old man and guilt about not giving the club my financial support. I enjoy watching other teams and agree the atmosphere can be fantastic elsewhere; however, it is only at latics when I get butterflies in my stomach before the game and a permanent smile on my face for a day after a win (even if you do have to put up with some tosser in the seat behind).

The failsworth stadium is a good thing in my eyes and people going on about a 12000 capacity stadium not being big enough are talking crap - weve never had an enormous home support barr the premiership days when we over achieved big time

How many times can the point be missed? How many times does it have to be stated that the vast majority of Football League clubs do not fill their stadiums on a regular basis? How many times does it have to be pointed out that we have managed more than 12000 fans inside BP on a number of occasions even during the dire times of the past fifteen years? What about when the ground held 35000 or 48000? Was it full every week in those days? Was Maine Road, say, full every week when it held 84000? Average gates and ground capacities have no connection to each other and never have. It's all about whether a club has serious ambitions to stage as many big games as possible.

Why are historically smaller clubs than Latics, such as Rotherham and Doncaster building stadiums with a bigger capacity than 12000? Why are Latics proposing to build a stadium of the size that is found almost exclusively at the lower end of the Football League? It has to be because the club doesn't anticipate playing all that many big clubs in the future. Which means, of course, that survival at lower division level is now the aim. Which changes the whole nature of the club we all grew up supporting.

Edited by Corporal_Jones