If I was Chairman.....

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

oafc000 im sorry i said that but im watching the demise of my football club as your watching the giants v raiders.....get my drift

We're just as arsed about latics as you are, because I don't go doesn't mean I don't care, I'm not stupid enough either to go waste 2 hours of my life on something I'm not enjoying find frustrating.

I disagree, make it fun and enjoyable to go to the games and I'd go even if we were in the Manchester League. I think the team are playing well and I'm pleased with how things are going on the pitch but you can offer me a ticket at a reduced price and I still wouldn't go because I know win, lose or draw the fans at home games will make the whole experience a bad one.

Come back to the Chaddy End, the wankers are conspicuous by their absence this season. What we lack in numbers in the Chaddy we make up in quality support!

Come back to the Chaddy End, the wankers are conspicuous by their absence this season. What we lack in numbers in the Chaddy we make up in quality support!

Spot on Prozac. Even the kn*b who sits behind me has gone quiet now that Eardley has gone.

The atmosphere in the Chaddy is 10 times better than it was 2 years ago. There may not be the number that there were, but the support is so much better and I bet Mr. Brill appreciates that more than most.

You might not be able to get a "warm" pint, but you can still put a bet on. Oh and you can get a pie at half time as well.

If you want to come back but don't want to put up with the moaners, I'm sure a visit to the Chaddy end will on the whole pleasantly surprise you.

Cheers,

Harry

Spot on Prozac. Even the kn*b who sits behind me has gone quiet now that Eardley has gone.

The atmosphere in the Chaddy is 10 times better than it was 2 years ago. There may not be the number that there were, but the support is so much better and I bet Mr. Brill appreciates that more than most.

You might not be able to get a "warm" pint, but you can still put a bet on. Oh and you can get a pie at half time as well.

If you want to come back but don't want to put up with the moaners, I'm sure a visit to the Chaddy end will on the whole pleasantly surprise you.

Cheers,

Harry

if any man can show me a moan free football club i'll show my arse on the town hall steps :grin: :grin:

it take every kind of people to make what lfes about

me neither macca,im just worried that from me thinking we can push on from 5000 die hards we seem to be dropping under the 4000 mark and its hard to stomach when your mate oafc000 seems so indiffrent to it all

Indifferent to it all :lol:

You really should look around some of the threads... Check out the Barry Own thread :wink:

We're just as arsed about latics as you are, because I don't go doesn't mean I don't care, I'm not stupid enough either to go waste 2 hours of my life on something I'm not enjoying find frustrating.

At what point do you decide that the football meets your expectations and start going again?

Just my personal opinion, but if the council balls this latest venture up I wouldn't blame TTA if they opted to move the club to Ashton (so long as they kept the name Oldham Athletic)

:rant.sml:

Sorry mate but disagree with that, and I disagree with Mr Owen in some ways, and this is coming from a Trust Director. As long as the criticism is constructive, they can post it all they want for my liking. Re Barrys piece in the chron, will highlight the following

“It is expensive running a football club and a certain level has to be charged to keep the club solvent."

The bottom line is many fans either

- Cannot afford £20 week in week out

AND/OR

- Can but think £20 is not value for money,

And I sure as hell do not blame any fan who thinks either of the above. The matchday experience is pure and simply crap, and some people on here would argue that crap is being kind. The club are getting the basics wrong on so many levels. No scoreboard, crap acoustics, running out of pies before half time, and lets not forget the absolutely woeful marketing (woeful refering to its non existence on many occasions).

I am one of many fans who think the marketing at the club is non existent. Who on here who does not have a season ticket honestly knew about the special offer for the Yeovil game. Where was the full page ad in the chron? Or even the MEN??? As I said previously, the club as it is could not market torches and pitchforks to an angry mob.

“Unfortunately, clubs at our level aren’t subsidised to the extent those in the Premier League are by television money.”

Bottom line is Oldham is where it is geographically, that is not going to change, we have always had to compete with United and City. Instead of hiding behind the usual excuses as to why things have to carry on as they are, confront the issue head on and deal with it.

Now I do not proclaim to know all the answers, but I like many fans on here, can sure as hell see alot of problems, and am willing to sit down with the club round a table to work towards finding some answers any time they wish, rather than sticking our heads in the sand and hiding behind the "but we have to charge x amount to keep the club solvent", "premier league clubs get sky money" "we are in the back garden of utd, city etc"

:rant.sml:

what was the promotion for the yeovil game?/???

didnt hear anything

At what point do you decide that the football meets your expectations and start going again?

It's not the football that's keeping me away as I've said in my previous posts. I just want to go to the football and enjoy it. Unless the fans' attitudes have improved of late then I won't enjoy it so I won't go. I've listened to games via Latics Player of late and then chatted people on here and it's been much better than actually going to BP.

I went to Spain at the end of May and watched Barcelona play La Coruna, I really enjoyed it. The football if I'm honest was rubbish but I still enjoyed the game and the atmosphere and I had an amazing time.

oafc000 yes i read the thread an you have posted over 5000 times which leads me to belive you are an oldham fan but your apathy towards my club is getting my back up,have some pride in your club and turn up

can i ask you if you are in favour of Failsworth or not?

A couple of points below, from my perspective only obivously:

£20 is not inexpensive however watching football in the league for the most part has become meore expensive, latics are not alone here

Staying away because of the muppets spouting their un-educated drivel just plays into their hands, basically its allowing them to win. The club will either fold or at the very minimum there will be no decent fans left.

Maybe this is where the trust could be constructive and launch an initiative to bring the fans together to promote a unity between the fans that care rather than those that metaphorically shout the loudest. I don't how the trust do this btw, maybe bringing the fans together before a game, renting a room a local hostelry etc and getting a couple of voices of the club, ex players to speak. I know this happens now, but do it on a match day and there maybe more attendence.(This isn't a dig at the trust either just a suggestion).

I understand that there is some negativity towards the trust and owners at the moment. The facts are that the owners either don't have the hard casht to keep bank rolling the club particularly from the dwindling revenue that is coming in. I think they are struggling currently hence the lack of marketing etc, otherwise they would be cutting off their nose to spit their face as generating revnenue would at the least give them a stronger exit policy.

BP cannot be redeveloped so its either Failsworth or somewhere else. I have not read one piece of substantiated evidence that there is an affordable piece real estate that could be developed within the budget proposed for the Failswort Project.

Before some bright spark jumps in and says invest more think would you in the current climate particularly as the attendences are dwindling?

This I think is why the move to Failsworth is being pushed through, I don't personally see an alternative unless someone can answer my point above about other specific real estate and the cost compared to the plans on the table.

Supporting the club is about ensuring the continuation, being there through the good and bad times, don't let a problem with the current owners, or muppet fans or the trust deter you from supporting a club that won't be here without you

oafc000 yes i read the thread an you have posted over 5000 times which leads me to belive you are an oldham fan but your apathy towards my club is getting my back up,have some pride in your club and turn up

<_<

What's your aim here exactly :) Other than looking for someone to "blame"... Do you even know what your blaming me for... or what lumping it on my shoulders will achieve... I suppose the question is, am I powerful enough to destroy the club single handed...

Have you got any suggestions to make on how to improve Latics lot in life ? Other than trying to bully people into turning up without being interested in the reasons why they dont come...

Edited by oafc0000

A couple of points below, from my perspective only obivously:

£20 is not inexpensive however watching football in the league for the most part has become meore expensive, latics are not alone here

Staying away because of the muppets spouting their un-educated drivel just plays into their hands, basically its allowing them to win. The club will either fold or at the very minimum there will be no decent fans left.

Maybe this is where the trust could be constructive and launch an initiative to bring the fans together to promote a unity between the fans that care rather than those that metaphorically shout the loudest. I don't how the trust do this btw, maybe bringing the fans together before a game, renting a room a local hostelry etc and getting a couple of voices of the club, ex players to speak. I know this happens now, but do it on a match day and there maybe more attendence.(This isn't a dig at the trust either just a suggestion).

Apologies Trust I just saw the Andy Ritchie event posted after the game v Southampton so I jumped the gun.

Pre-game might still be good though then there won't be too much gloom if we loose ;-)