If Failsworth Fails?

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As i think it was oafcprozac suggested, Has the area around moorside/sholver been looked at? Surely there must be some scope there.

I know if we are to share with the rugby that this would be a favourable option for them. At least we would still be in the town as opposed to practically in manchester.

Would transport links be a problem?

Noooooooo, Failsworth is plan D ... I think.

Ferney Field, BP and [echoey ominous voice] the secret plan...

So we should be worrying about Plan E. Maybe F. :unsure:

It is Plan D under the current club regime, as far as I can see. (Ferney, BP, the mysterious stadium share and Failsworth.) Overall, it's plan E (Sports Park 2000 being the original Plan A), or maybe Plan F if you include Chris Moore's vague references to redeveloping BP.

If Plan A or B, or even Plan C had succeeded, we might not be looking at a plan designed to sustain a lower division outfit, on the outer edge of the borough and close to the richest club in the world, as our only hope of survival.

As i think it was oafcprozac suggested, Has the area around moorside/sholver been looked at? Surely there must be some scope there.

I know if we are to share with the rugby that this would be a favourable option for them. At least we would still be in the town as opposed to practically in manchester.

I should think it will be - not a single dual carriageway/2 lane single carriageway within miles. Bullcote lane would hardly be able to cope with the fans from a 5,000 seater stadium, let alone 12,000 or more. Moving there would surely be the clearest sign yet of a lack of ambition.

I should think it will be - not a single dual carriageway/2 lane single carriageway within miles. Bullcote lane would hardly be able to cope with the fans from a 5,000 seater stadium, let alone 12,000 or more. Moving there would surely be the clearest sign yet of a lack of ambition.

The trains have/tram would run underneath Bullcoat Lane. Also, the roads would have to be extended. Whoever thought of building a football stadium, without improving the road links first (except if a club was looking to do things on the mega-cheap). A lack of ambition is building a ground, without improving transport links!

North East Oldham, would be a perfect location, they've supposed to have been building a golf course there for years, instead it appears that successive councils are happy to take the money for landfill.

Edited by slurms mckenzie

Lakshi Mittal is worth more than Sheikh Monsour.

Hmmm Mansour doesn’t feature in the forbes rich list which has Mittal at number 8 in the world with US$ 19.3 Billion. A quick look at Wikipedia though states that Mansour has a personal wealth of UK£17.75 Billion and but his family have a fortune of £560 billion approx. The wikipedia link wasn’t referenced though so not sure where they got their figures from. If correct though, the Sheik wins.

This is where I got my figures.

http://fourfourtwo.com/news/england/39095/default.aspx

Of course, lists like these are all pretty much educated guesswork.

Would be interesting to know whether the combined wealth of Messrs Blitz, Gazaal and Corney would make the top 100. (And perhaps for another thread, but I was surprised just how many lower league clubs are linked to some very wealthy people.)

it was me who mentioned the Counthill school, golf course sites, cant think of anywhere else around here

counthill school is a huge site, an access road could be built where the ski slope is onto Ripponden Road

This is where I got my figures.

http://fourfourtwo.com/news/england/39095/default.aspx

Of course, lists like these are all pretty much educated guesswork.

Would be interesting to know whether the combined wealth of Messrs Blitz, Gazaal and Corney would make the top 100. (And perhaps for another thread, but I was surprised just how many lower league clubs are linked to some very wealthy people.)

Got it from Forbes rich list. Times rich list say Mittal's worth £10 billion but he lost 61% of his wealth due to falls in the stock market over the last year so the figure you quoted was right at one time or another. He certainly was bigger than the Sheik last year, not sure now.

it was me who mentioned the Counthill school, golf course sites, cant think of anywhere else around here

counthill school is a huge site, an access road could be built where the ski slope is onto Ripponden Road

A funicular railway might be more appropriate.

And wouldn't the school have something to say about a football stadium being built on its grounds?

A funicular railway might be more appropriate.

And wouldn't the school have something to say about a football stadium being built on its grounds?

the school is closing and moving to waterhead to combine with breeze hill in an "acadamy " traffic on huddersfield rd and stamford rd will be fun ?

funicular

Word of the day :first:

I don't see why people think it's a better idea to build a ground in the arsehole of nowhere rather than in a densely populated area with good transport links. Get over the fact that Failsworth actually has some things going for it people